"Sunshine." Youngjae

Got7 Drabbles/Stories

Word Count: 901

Genre: Fluff, …angst?

(Unbetaed~ again. I actually got some inspiration from BTS - Save Me because it’s my favorite song of theirs and I was in the mood to write fluff and kiiind of angst?)

Crossposted on archiveofourown as lalarose.

-

It was a typical Friday night; you were in Youngjae’s bedroom with laptop propped up on your knees. He was out with Bambam and Yugyeom for some kind of filming that you couldn’t remember off the top of your head. The other guys were off doing their own thing and there was no one to bother you for the moment, which made you simply put your earplugs in and turn the volume up.

There wasn’t anything specific that you were watching - it was just whatever popped up on Youtube. Gradually, the videos filtered to purely Got7 videos which made you smile. You did have other interests besides your boyfriend’s group but it was something you always came back to.

A light laugh filled the room when BTS - Save Me begun playing and you couldn’t help sing along. It was one of your favorite songs to sing and it was a song that you connected with. Youngjae didn’t know how much you listened to the song when you were alone and the few times you cried when you listened.

You were so absorbed in singing along and wiping away any tears that fell that you didn’t hear or see the door open then close when Youngjae entered the room. He stood there for a moment watching you with a bright smile until it slowly faded once he realized what you were singing.

He took several steps forward and gently removed the laptop giving you a smile as he did. You flinched in surprise when he pulled you into his arms,

Listen to my heartbeat,
it calls you whenever it wants to
Because within this pitch black darkness,
you are shining so brightly.

Youngjae squeezed you tighter and pulled back to gently brush any falling tears with his thumb. The song ended leaving the two of you in silence and Youngjae begun to sing a few verses of Nice.

No one can replace you
I wanna hug and kiss you
One time, one more time,
two times, you’re my VIP.

You hiccupped and ducked your head to avoid looking at him. He simply placed his hand under your chin to lift your head, pressing a kiss to your nose.

“Hey hey...no crying. Is this what you do when you’re by yourself?” He asked quietly, tucking your hair behind your ear and looking into your eyes.

“Sometimes...when I’m feeling really lonely and you’re not around. I know it’s childish but I don’t do it all the time, just times when I’m feeling really down and need a good cry.” You replied quietly. You shifted your gaze momentarily but your stomach churned in worry, dread, and a mixture of other emotions which made you look back at him.

Youngjae worn a frown and brushed his thumb over your cheek once more, and tried to get his thoughts together. Quietly, he shifted positions to where you were sitting on his lap and his hands were on your hips - looking up at you with love shining clear in his gaze.

“Call me, text me, anything really when you’re feeling like this. I hate to see you sad and I know everyone needs a good cry, but if you’re feeling lonely I want to make you feel better. After all, I am your sunshine.” He responded with a bright smile.

That bright smile of his always made you warm and tingly inside as if pure happiness had exploded inside of you, engulfing you in warmth and feelings. It always made you smile brightly back at him no matter what you were feeling - as if you wanted to break out in song - pushing the sadness behind you to deal with it another day. It was like the sun bursting out from the clouds to shoot happiness to whoever looked at it. There were many ways to describe his smile and it was one of the many things you loved about him.

You are my sunshine, my only sunshine
You make me happy when skies are gray

You sang only those two lines and laughed at his expression. You entangled your fingers into his hair while leaning down to claim his lips for your own, pouring all the feelings you could into the kiss with your body finally relaxing underneath his touch.

“Thank you for everything, sunshine. I love you and next time I’ll contact you when I’m feeling down. “You assured him after breaking the kiss.

Youngjae hummed and kissed the corner of your mouth. “Good. Now let’s make this a good mood...” He teased and flipped you over onto the bed, fingers slipped under your shirt to start tickling your stomach.

Shrieks of laughter filled the room when you tried twisting away from his grip, only to encourage him to tickle you more until you felt like you couldn’t breathe. Arms flailed about until you slipped your hands under his shirt to return the tickling - yours and his laughter filling the room with the sunlight filling the room and shining down on you two.

Everything was right for the both for them for now and both of them decided something in that moment. Whenever either of them had a sad moment, they would do their best to contact the other and comfort each other the best way they knew how.

Which was through music and laughter; a perfect combination for the pair.