X / 003

X / TEN
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

He's Kim Hanbin.

"Ohhh..." I nod along while watching him taking care of my bruises. "Oh. It hurts."

Hanbin squints as I move my wrist away from his grip. "I'm sorry." He chuckles. "I thought you'd know me since I've introduced myself before, yesterday. Well, if only Sehun told you about me, though. He's such a pain in the asss." 

The first treatment for the bruise is by applying ice. Like what Hanbin's doing to me right now. "Is it gonna swell?" I ask worriedly and he replies with a nod. "I'm having a bad luck these days." I mumble. "Sehun didn't tell me about you that much. And whenever I came here before, he didn't introduce me to you. And! Yesterday, I was asked to choose a coach and Coach Pyeong recommended you and Coach Baram and I thought Coach Baram would be good so I chose him but it turns out he's bad- AH! Did you do that on purpose?"

He pushes my bruise a bit. "Don't talk bad about him. He used to be my coach too." Hanbin flicks my forehead with his other hand.

The man which is a coach here, Kim Hanbin, in front of me is seriously a kind and nice person, unlike my current coach. He greeted me before as if I'd know him too and when he saw my bruises, he quickly went away to look for a first aid box. Oh, he's done treating me. "Thank you." I say. "Oh, really? Did he treat you well?"

"He did," Hanbin tidies the first aid box and hands me an ointment. "And thanks to him, I become a good archer."

The conversation stops as Coach Pyeong walks into the field with his compound pupils. When he sees me, he smiles and I smile back at him. "Are your pupils coming today?" I ask to break the silence between us.

"They came. They just went home an hour ago." 

"O...kay,"

.

.

.

I roll back my sleeves and get up. "I'm gonna shoot again. Would you like to help me?" 

"Sure!"

 

 

I take a deep breath as I pluck an arrow to my bowstring. Hanbin stands behind me as I shoot. The arm guard's position that I use is now a bit upper, covering the inside part of my elbow. It really helps so although the bowstring hits the bruises, I don't feel that hurt. But still, the bowstring doesn't go back to its position without hitting my inside elbow first.

I've shot 3 arrows and Hanbin watches me from side to side. On my left, right and behind. For the fourth arrow, he records a video of me shooting with his handphone. "Don't record me."

"Just shoot, miss Oh." 

And I shoot. And the bowstring hit me again. "Geez."

Just when I'm about to pluck an arrow again, Hanbin stops me. "Come here, I want to show you something." I put my bow to the stand then approach him as he shows me a video of myself shooting. "Look, here. Your inside elbow position is wrong. It turns outside and it prevents the string to go back to its position." His hand that's holding the handphone straightens. "If your inside elbow's position is outside and it is right in front of your pulled bowstring... pretty sure you'll be hit."

I watch his hand carefully.

"If you turn inside elbow against the bowstring, and your hand is perfectly straight, you won't be hit. It's just that simple," he shrugs. "Wanna try?"

"Err..." I rub my elbow when he already take the bow from the stand. "Okay." He hands me my bow then I'm getting ready to shoot again. 

Stance. Okay. I bring my bow up then pull the bow string with three fingers until it's under my chin and the bowstring touches my lips. My left eye is closed while my right eye is aiming the target. Ugh, my hand can't stop moving.

"Don't hold back too long. Waste no time. If you already get the target, hold your position

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter