X / 001

X / TEN
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 the field's visuallization

"I think my sight messed up."

"Do you have any puller? I left mine at home."

"Dude, should we do a limit?"

"My arrow is... 1516, how about you?"

I can't stop myself from looking around like an idiot. Bows, arrows and amazing things are everywhere around me. Some people are conversing around together about their equipments. Some are discussing with the trainer how to do the technique correctly. A man passes by me and I gulp. He looks young yet he uses compound. For me, it looks really cool. 

"Excuse me," I ask someone who's sitting on the bench. "Do you know which one is Coach Pyeong?" I point my index finger to a bunch of people with white shirts across the field. They look like pros so I guess they are the archery coaches here. A couple of them are having a quiver on their hips. Oh, man, look at that arrows. Black shaft with yellow fletching and knocks. 

"Coach Pyeong?" The man I asked stares at the crowd across the field, his finger is already searching for the person. "That one, that bald man. Who is now checking on his bow string." He answers. Before I go, he introduces himself to me. He says that his name is Kim Hanbin. I shake his hand and say my name and leave with a big weird smile on my face. 

I walk to the other side of the field to meet Coach Pyeong. My brother said that he's the best coach of the Seoul Archery Club. Once I'm there, near the coaches spot, Coach Pyeong sees me. He gives me a wave. "Oh Sebi?" He guesses, I thought he already knows me. "You're Sehun's little sister, right? Ahhh what's going on with your brother? He hasn't been practising for two months. Because of his absence, we didn't win the previous national competition." The man rubs the sweat on his temple.

"Ah..." I don't know what to answer so I just laugh. "So, well, he's sick and now he's fully healed. I don't really know the reason why he doesn't practice anymore, though." I feel that's enough for an answer so I ask him about the registration. "I want to be a member of this archery club. I'm using a recurve bow and my brother recommended me to choose you as a coach—"

"Me??"

He sounds shocked but his face looks calm, while opening his arm guard, he explains, "I'm really sorry, Miss. But I can't accept any recurve bow pupils for now. I was requested to teach the compound athletes. We're focusing on the upcoming national competition in Busan." He chuckles, then. "The other coaches are busy too but, we have a couple of new coaches here. But I'd recommend you these two. Coach Baram and Coach Hanbin.

The second name sounds familiar, though. I'm still feeling sad for knowing that he's not accepting any recurve bow pupils but he got a nice advice too. "Well, what's the positive and negative traits between those two?"

"Coach Baram is the old one, Coach Hanbin is the young one. Coach Baram is really good and discipline on teaching his pupils although he gets mad sometimes. He has a lot of successful pupils. Coach Hanbin... he just chosen as a coach here so he doesn't have many pupils. He'syoung but he's a really good archerer, though. His age is the same as your brother. 22. 2 years ago he won a gold medal from an international young archerer competition." He coughs. "A lot of woman amateurs want to be Hanbin's pupil, by the way."

"Coach Baram."

"Are you sure?"

I think Coach Baram is really cool. He has a lot of successful pupils and it seems like he's an amazing coach. "Yes, and can I start the practice today? I've brought my bows with me."

Coach Pyeong rolls his eyes. "Why are you so passionate about this? Hahaha! Yes, sure you can. But fill some registration forms first. Then I'll bring you to Coach Baram."

 

 

 

 

"This, is Coach Baram."

.

.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter