Carbon Dioxide

My Alien Love (BTS Fanfiction)

(Jungkook's POV)

I woke up early the next morning with painfully stiff neck and a aching back. I got up slowly and realized that I was still in the lab and I had fell asleep in a uncomfortable metal chair. I then turned to the dissection table where the angry creature was restrained. It was hissing, snarling, and gasping from time to time.

???: Tnemirepxe na ekil em esopxe dna, pu em eit uoy! Namuh gnikcuf uoy!

I was a bit startled, so I backed away from the table slightly. I took a deep breath, and walked back up to the table. I gently it's hair to calm it, but it tried to bite me.

Jungkook: I'm not going to hurt you, just relax... You probably think I'm going to hurt you since you're strapped up to this table...

???: Sedisni ruoy egnarraer dna ssa ruoy pu elcatnet ym evohs ll'I ro, em hcuot gnikcuf t'nod!

Jungkook: I would unrestrain you, but I'm scared you'll hurt me... Plus, my boyfriend doesn't want you to leave the lab...

???: Edixoid nobrac tuohtiw gnol oot. Edixoid nobrac!

I took notice of the tears that fell from its eyes as it looked at me. It could produce tears like humans. Then it's eyes rolled into the back of it's head as it started to gasp repeatedly. I got nervous as I wasn't really sure what was going on with it. I knew that it was in distress, but was it having some sort of seizure or an asthma attack?

???: Edixoid nobrac!!!

It started to vomit on itself, making a horrible mess over the blanket and the table. I quickly unrestrained it and sat the creature up. I removed disgusting the blanket, and tried to keep the creature clean.

Jungkook: I need to call Namjoon!

Rap Monster: I'm right here baby.

Jungkook: Thank God you're here!

Rap Monster: I tried to get here as soon as possible, but got stuck in traffic. Now, what's going on with the alien?!

Jungkook: I don't know! I don't think it can breathe!

Rap Monster: Did you check it's airways? Maybe something is stuck in it's airways, preventing it from taking in oxygen.

Jungkook: I didn't check!

???: Edixoid nobrac!!!!!!

Jungkook: It keeps saying edixoid nobrac.

Rap Monster: Edixoid nobrac, edixoid nobrac... What is that?!

???: Carbonnnn dioxideeee, breathe, now!

Rap Monster: Finally, we can understand you!

Jungkook: Okay! I'll hook it up to the to machine, you stream the carbon!

Rap Monster: Got it! If this works, I'll be surprised we saved an alien life!

Rap Monster scurried off to enable a supply of carbon dioxide to the small breathing machine. I applied the breathing mask, which was only meant for oxygen, on his face. Several minutes later, he calmed down and relaxed. We both let out a sigh of relief and sat down, watching the alien savor the exhalant.

Jungkook: I can't believe that worked...

Rap Monster: Well, now we know it can sort of communicate it needs...

Jungkook: We need to go back to it's ship, and find anything that seems useful... I could only assume that it wouldn't just come to a foreign planet unprepared.

Rap Monster: Well, I guess I'll go look through the wreckage then...

Jungkook: I'll stay here and clean up.

Rap Monster: Be back in a few...

Jungkook: Okay.

Rap Monster exited the lab and I started to clean up the disgusting alien vomit. It was sticky, thick, and had no odor. Ew. As I cleaned up, I observed the alien's behavior. It didn't seem to move much, as it didn't want to stray too far from it's life line.

Jungkook: Well, my name is Jungkook, and that was my boyfriend Namjoon. Hopefully we can learn more about you, and I guess, help you back to your home planet.

???: Taehyung. Speech, broken. I Taehyung. Kim Taehyung.

Jungkook: You actually speak our language and understand us. You're more intelligent than I thought! Well, hi Taehyung!

V: ....

Rap Monster rushed back inside the lab, looking a bit troubled.

Jungkook: Hey, I know it's name Namjoon! I think it can understand when it really needs to. It's name is Taehyung!

Rap Monster: Hey, I'm so glad you got to know the alien, but we have a problem!

Jungkook: What's the problem?!

Rap Monster: The Korean officials have started searching through the wreckage, and we can no longer go back out there. They suggest we leave the lab for a week, so they can investigate.

Jungkook: Gah! Dammit! We can't just leave though... If they see us with it...

Rap Monster: Exactly! We have a damn alien with us!

Jungkook: We can't let him get taken from us, they'll kill him.

Rap Monster: What are we going to do then?!

Jungkook: We are gonna have to move Taehyung to the car!

Rap Monster: If we do move Taehyung to the car, we have to put it to sleep.

Jungkook: Do we really have to?!

Rap Monster: Yes! That thing could call us all out! Get us arrested for harboring an alien, and the Taehyung get sent to the government for certain death!

Jungkook: O-Okay... Hurry up and do it...

Rap Monster quickly walked over to the cabinet, and grabbed a sedative shot, which we only use on animals. I didn't want him to use it, because we don't know how potent it will be on V. It's body might not take it well and kill it. I picked up V and I cradled it, while Rap Monster took the sharp, slender needle, out of it's plastic package. Rap Monster made sure the needle worked, and a clear liquid beaded at the small point. He grabbed V's arm, and the needle pierced it's skin, sliding under it, causing V to whimper loudly in pain and distress. He then injected it, and took the needle out. He threw the needle to the floor and he grabbed the oxygen machine.

Rap Monster: Let's high tail it to the car! Throw it in the backseat once we get to the car!

V looked at us, with sleepy eyes, and it's long, dark blue tongue hung from its mouth.

I sighed and I stared at the blue liquid beading from it's arm. I then looked at Rap Monster and nodded. I rushed out to the back where his car was. He opened the door, and I threw its limp body onto the back seat. We covered it up with a blanket, then I closed the door, and quickly sat on the passenger's side, while Rap Monster started the car.

I looked back at the poor creature and I sighed heavily. You're not just an alien or an experiment... But why does it feel like we are treating you like that? I sighed and I its soft tail, which hung over the seat from under the blankets. Just hold on, okay?

Rap Monster: Jeongguk, what are you ing doing? Act normal, we are about to pass the police.

Jungkook: I feel bad, you ing drugged it up with a sedative.

Rap Monster: We needed to keep Taehyung calm! Who knows how hostile it is!

Jungkook: ........

I sighed and I kept my head down as we passed the police. Rap Monster rolled the window down as he slowly drove by.

Police: We are sorry to control the premises, but we had been notified of this crash site. Hopefully you'll have the lab back soon, until then, take a break from your jobs. You two hardworking scientist surely need a break. It might be awhile before you can come back, but we will let you know when it is okay to come back. Thank you for your cooperation.

Rap Monster: I hope it isn't anything too serious, we've been working all night and didn't even notice it.

Police: Yeah, go get some rest.

Rap Monster: Thanks, will try to stay out of your investigation.

Rap Monster drove off and rolled up his window. He sighed and shook his head in anger.

Rap Monster: Un- ing- believable! We lost our lab over this stupid alien!

Jungkook: It wasn't Taehyung's fault that it crashed there!

Rap Monster: Whatever...

Later, we arrived at my house, and we took V into my room. I laid him down on my bed and I hooked V up to the portable breathing machine.