Author's Notes on Supernatural Beings

Can you see the snow?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Vampire

Vampires are undead beings eternally cursed to survive off the blood of living creatures. Strictly speaking, they are not true dark beings, despite being the most common and well known supernatural creatures to walk our earth. They retain the human exterior of their living self, and gain the characteristic pale skin as well as their blood red eyes. They are easily one of the fastest supernatural creatures, often catching their prey off guard by emerging swiftly and silently from the shadows. Vampires have amplified strength and agility that they work to their advantage, for stealth is their preferred mode of action. They are limited by their need to feed constantly in order to maintain themselves in top conditions. Vampires can turn humans by injecting their venom through a bite, although the survival rate is less than 50%. Vampires do not breed nor age.

Fire and silver are fatal to the vampires and it is a common misconception that they are afraid of the sunlight. They are simply not fond of being in exposed surroundings, and preferred to keep a low profile, due to the increasing number of vampire hunters. Decapitation usually immobilized the vampire for a long period of time, however there is the possibility that they could heal given time. There are myths of vampires that learned supernatural powers by abstaining from human blood; such rumored powers include the ability to manipulate ice, wind or water. This requires a great deal of willpower to control their natural bloodlust, and often comes at a price of reduced energy.

 

Werewolf

Werewolves are humans who shape shifted to wolves after being scratched or bitten by another. The curse is permanent and irreversible. The transformation could be both conscious and subconscious, depending on the experience of the werewolves. Werewolves often have an internal struggle of balancing the human mind and wolf’s instincts, especially during irrepressible transformation which occurred every full moon. The wolf form has its own free will and often than not, the human mind would often be described as trapped in a state of trance in the animal body. The human form of the werewolf can tap into the abilities of the wolf, like the heightened senses and strength, although to a reduced extent.  

The most powerful of the werewolves can connect their two forms, and utilize fully both their human intelligence and the powers of the wolf, as well as controlling their transformation. Due to the lack of control on their wolf forms, werewolves tend to form packs and follow the leadership of an alpha, for their own protection. They were extremely loyal to their wolf packs, abide strictly to the orders of the alpha. While werewolves have extraordinary healing abilities, they remained susceptible to aging and death.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter