Wishing Upon Stars

School's Guardian
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

EDIT:6/29/2019

 

"..." - speech

'...' - thoughts

Countless stars in the vast reach of the universe were currently twinkling at the sky. And underneath them, was a boy possessing the purest heart at his balcony...

"This is a sight I will never get tired of seeing. Woah! I'm really lucky! A shooting star! Now I get to have a wish. Then…I wish for world peace and for the betterment of the society.”

He smiled, satisfied with himself.

“Oh Boy, wouldn't it be nice if that wish came true?"

...only problem is, he had one of the most terrifying faces ever.

"Oh. That reminds me, my first day today was pretty hectic. I met gangsters immediately and almost got in a brawl with them. I'm just glad they seem to not want to fight. They even apologized when they realized that they hurt Nayeon-ssi" or did they? Regardless he continued his monologue. "To lower their pride and admit their mistake, I guess gangsters have good hearts as well. Oh and to top it off, it was thanks to them that I made my first friend. Hee hee. Nayeon-ssi. Hee hee."

And did I mention he also had one hell of a creepy laugh?

“*sigh* I just wish I could make friends in the classroom as well. They seem to get pretty quiet when I'm around. Or is that just they're nature? I should have wished for that instead. Having a friend on the room... On second thought, yeah having a friend in the room would be nice...but I guess it's fine nonetheless. I mean World Peace is much more important. I shouldn't make such a self-centered wish on a shooting star. I know!!! I'll make a personal wish on a little star instead. Hmm...let me see. How about that one?" He pointed at one of the many stars decorating the night sky. He then clasped his hands together and closed his eyes.

"Please hear my wish little star. Please help me make a friend in class."

Unbekwonst to him since his eyes were still closed, the little star twinkled.

On the way to school, greetings were being exchanged all around but not a single one was directed at him. He stopped in front of the school gate and looked around seeing the smiling faces of everyone.

'Must be nice having many friends, huh?'

He broke out of his daze and looked in front again when he noticed an odd sight. For some reason a huge number of students were gathering in front of the entrance of the gym. He slowly approached the scene because his curiosity got the better of him. As he was nearing the place, sound of someone shouting was being heard more clearly. Finally he arrived.

“Respect Women! Don’t you dare bully them! Respect Women! Or you’re going to get it from him! Respect Women! Or face the wrath of the guardian himself! Respect Women! For that is the want of Yongmin!” Mark and Jackson were currently screaming these sentences over and over again, holding signs and glaring at every guy who dared to ignore them in the process.

‘Whoa! They really are nice guys! Even promoting for the abuse of women to stop. Such great people. I love this place even more!’ Yongmin thought completely unaware that he was the reason why they’re doing this and that they were using him to scare people off.

Suddenly, the shouting stopped. He got his focus back and saw Mark and Jackson looking at him with serious expressions. Mark was also extending both his hands with the palms up in front of him. Yongmin tilted his head to the side, unsure of what was happening. He was also clueless about the fact that everyone around the vicinity was now looking at the three with sweat dripping down their foreheads due to the heavy tension accumulating in the air.

“Uhh...Can I help you two?” He sweetly asked, accompanied with his signature deadly (literally) smile. The tension in the air grew heavier with each silent-passing second.

“Your bag.” Mark said startling everyone including Yongmin.

“M-my bag? He..he” Yongmin forced out a laugh which for some reason made everyone back away from him. Everyone thought he was going to blow up and for the two idiots; again. But what they don’t know is that Yongmin is nervous as usual, thinking Mark and Jackson was robbing him. Funny how quickly his mental image of them changed but who could blame him? Some guy just extended his arms and demands for your bag. I know I would think they were robbing me too.

Although he already felt ting himself, Mark still gathered the courage to continue as he abruptly bowed 90 degrees with his hands still extended out.

“Let me carry that bag for you, Leader!” Mark yelled.

The tension in the area then dispersed as everyone watching facefaulted. A few more seconds passed by and then the majority of the crowd began to chuckle at what they were witnessing. Not believing that the soon-to-be former guardian of their school just offered to carry the bag of the new guardian (although Yongmin still doesn’t realize that he is.)

‘Mark and Jackson look scary but they're really nice. They help take care of me even though we’re not that close.’

Again, Yongmin's mental image of the two did

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter