Meeting Her Parents

School's Guardian
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

EDIT:7/1/2019

 

"..." - speech

'...' - thoughts

"Here is the request form of class 3-B. Seems like your guess is spot on Jihy-" Yongmin immediately corrected himself, barely avoiding another slap on the head by the mighty Jihyo. "I mean noona. *sniff* They are planning on building a maid cafe just like last year. *sniff*"

The girl smiled, ignoring the recent mishap by the guy in front of him.

"And the principal?" She inquired. Yongmin suddenly remembered that the said guy already approved them of having a 10 foot tall chocolate fountain in the middle of the school. Why they would even need that? He had no idea.

"Already gave his approval. *sniff*"

He was caught off guard when Jihyo suddenly put her palms together and smiled deviously.

"I knew putting you in the council would be beneficial." She said in an evil tone. She then realized what she was doing and awkwardly cleared . "I mean, good work Yongmin. You're dismissed."

If there was anything Yongmin learned from working for the student council these past few weeks, it was to never question Jihyo's decision. Once, she thought of a new way for the cafeteria to sell more veggies after the said place asked for her help. She quickly got to work by recommending, no, DEMANDING this ridiculous set of menu that was the only menu available for the whole week. Everyone thought she was nuts and most of the student body was reluctant to buy them, but like they say: "People will eat anything, as long as they're hungry." And eat it they did. What was surprising though was that the whole school actually thought it was great and tasty. One item in the menu was Broccoli with Cheetos, which was surprisingly one of the best sellers for that week. Maybe it was because the people just wanted to eat Cheetos, but hey, at least the cafeteria sold veggies this time. Another best seller was hot sauce and Cauliflower turned into popcorn, which for him was the best among them. Their beverages were also veggitinized, as what Yongmin like to call it. Like for example, a strawberry juice with basil which was really tasty. Bottom line is, if Jihyo thinks a 10 foot tall chocolate fountain was necessary then it probably is. Besides, he doesn't have time for asking anyway, he caught a really bad cold and he really needed the rest so he bowed and exit the room. But before he can fully leave, Jihyo called out to him one last time.

"Take a rest and get well soon, ne?" Then she finished it off with the one of the most contagious smiles he has ever witnessed.

So he smiled back.

It was raining lightly by the time classes ended that day. Yongmin was currently exiting the building, rummaging his bag to look for his umbrella. He already got the nod from both Jihyo and Sana to take it easy and rest today so he didn't have to show up to his clubs today. He continued rummaging but after noticing that the umbrella was nowhere to be found, he concluded that he must have forgotten it at home. He looked up the sky and sighed. Guess he'll just have to run for it. Just when it was raining and he had a cold too. Such impeccable timing.

A girl barged in the middle of the Gardening club room, all sweaty and obviously out of breath. She glanced around the room to the wide eyes of its three current occupants, two of which her friends. The one who isn't though was the one who called her attention by speaking. She swears her voice is way too thin, although the girl noted that it was fitting seeing that the girl looked like a squirrel.

"Can I help you?"

Before she was able to give a reply, another voice made itself heard.

"Tzuyu! What are you doing here?" Chaeyoung asked, boredom evident from her tone. Tzuyu then saw that her small friend currently held a watering can on her hand. 'Figures she would be bored.' 

"You here to join as well? I knew you were lonely without us!" Dahyun smiled teasingly while the tall girl just rolled her eyes as a form of retort.

"I'm looking for Yongmin." With that statement, everyone suddenly fell silent. Dahyun dropped her smile and it was immediately replaced by a frown. Chaeyoung eyes seemed to regain some more life in it, her interest piqued. Even the girl she didnt know the name of suddenly looked like a mother lioness trying to protect its cub although Tzuyu noticed that she was oblivious to it herself and was only doing it unconciously. Tzuyu raised her eyebrows at this, trying to fight back a chuckle.

'They are so easy to read. My my, what have you done to these girl Yongmin?'

After a few tense moments, Sana decided to cut it off. She didn't know why she was eager to find out but she felt as if the girl was bad news to her relationship with her dear saviour. 'Wait relationship!? DEAR!? What the hell is wrong with me?' she shook her head a few times to try and clear away her embarassing thoughts before saying what the other two members of her club wanted to.

"Why?"

Tzuyu smiled.

Yongmin stood under the shade of a convenience store trying to wipe away and squeeze out the water on his uniform. 'Why did I have to forget about it now? Stupid! It's like I don't want myself to become better.' and as a confirmation to his statement, he sneezed. His cold was clearly getting worse. 'I have to get home soon, I need a shower and lots of rest.' But when he looked up, it seemed that the rain became worse as it increased in intensity. Seemingly, trying its best to keep him away from his home. 'Why am I so unlucky?' 

He then noticed an older man making use of the shade like he is at the other side of the entrance of the store. Although when he focused at the guy's appearance, he noticed that he was looking worse than he probably is. The guy had a dark red outline on his cheeks, sneezing every few seconds or so, with his eyes really droopy, looking like it was screaming at its owner to take a rest. Yongmin started to make his way to the guy when suddenly the doors of the convenient store started to slide open as two individuals, a man so huge he looked like a hooligan and a woman with a gentle, motherly feature walked out. They were talking and although he

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter