Take Care

School's Guardian
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"..." - speech

'...' - thoughts

"It's usually the other way around so I'm pretty embarassed but thank you for the lift." Yongmin sluggishly got out of the car parked outside his home. 

"Yeah. It's the least this I could do after my parents literally dragged you to our house without your consent. I'm sorry about them, by the way. They mean well but they could get pretty out of hand sometimes. They don't know what's normal to other people. It's the byproduct of their upbringing; getting everything they desired, people obeying their every whims, etc. The result? They're kinda lacking in the common sense department." Tzuyu said as she assisted her classmate walk through his front door. God knows how much he needed the help. He looked like he was gonna collapse any second now.

"It's okay. Besides, that's like the fifth time you've apologized since you've driven me home. It really is okay." Tzuyu still looked dissatisfied but she pushed it down for now. 'Those two are definitely gonna get it from me later.'  

"I'll explain the situation to our teachers so you don't have to worry in going to school tomorrow.. You look really sick. You should use tomorrow for resting. Treat it as compensation for the trouble my parents caused." Yongmin wanted to give her a retort but he held his tongue at the last minute. As much as he didn't want to trouble his co members and leaders at the student council and gardening club by not helping tomorrow, he really needed the rest. 'I just have to make it up to them once I'm back to a hundred percent.' "Thank you Tzuyu." he smiled weakly. Tzuyu just nodded then looked at the darkening sky. "I have to get going now. Take care of yourself, okay? Otherwise, you'll make Dahyun and Chaeyoung panic in their worry induced haze. Everyone knows how much those two care for you even if one of them won't ever admit it to anyone much less you. Making my unnies pin on you. What a playboy." Tzuyu winked.

If Yongmin's face was red because of his sickness before, it didn't even compare to the sheer magnitude of redness his face took on when he heard that. "The tall shoujo giggled at his reaction before waving at him. He waited until she got in her car and drove off the distance before he went inside coughing on the way to his room.

Multiple loud knocks on his door were the first thing Yongmin heard that morning. He slowly sat up after waking up, looking out his window when he noticed that the sun was way to high for it to be morning. He then directed his attention to his bedside alarm clock, forgetting the loud knocks that woke him up in the first place, when he saw the numbers plastered on it. 'Crap! It's 11:35! I'm really really late for school!!' He quickly got dressed up and bolted to the door. When he opened it however, he was caught off guard when the face of one Kim Dahyun nervously fidgeting was the sight that greeted him. She tried to school her features to look cheerful but was too embarassed to do it completely. The result? Her awkwardly waving with a somewhat forced laugh accompanying it.

"H-hi!"

'Uhhh...hi..?'

The two where found sitting across from each other a few seconds later. The guy on his bed, slowly removing his blazer when reminded on the fact that today was supposed to be his rest day while the girl on a chair near his bed, curiously looking around his room. Who can blame her? It was her first time on a guy's room after all.

"So uh..what are you doing here Dahyun?" Yongmin then nervously waved his hands in front of his chest defensively. "Not that I don't want you to be here or that I don't appreciate you taking the time to visit me or the fact that you traveled for quite a bit of distance just to get here or that-" Dahyun's laughter cut off his nervous ramblings. She studied him for a bit before releasing a relieved sigh. After recovering, she flashed him a grin and explained.

"I was worried when I heard Tzuyu telling our homeroom teacher that you wouldn't be able to go to school today. She said she found you looking really sick yesterday when she passed by your neighborhood to get to her home. Also, she said that you were panting, hands on your knees, then coughed and tripped on your own two feet multiple times before she decided to help you get home." The bubbly girl paused and took the time to scan his body up and down just to double check before she went back to grinning. "But looking at you now having the energy to stand and doing y

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter