Final Confession

Drunken Confession

Chinen never knew Mirai is one hell of a driver. The sound of the engine is crazy like some badass rebelious teenager just learned how to drive his mother's mini van. It twists, swoops and turn until perfectly angles in a parking space. And Chinen--who's watching from quite a distance didn't know if he'll be jawdropped forever or be worried of his car or the driver's sanity.

And for Mirai---maybe she's losing her sanity well enough. She sighed and stayed in the driver's seat for awhile. Leaning, space out for a moment and covers her face with her hands. She doesn't want to go out. She wanna stay in there forever. Maybe stealing Chinen's car will be an option now, huh? Well, don't give her the idea, she might consider it. But seriously, she is in serious trouble. 

After her accidental confession to the guy she likes for ages, rants about him being out of reach and aheemmm dang good looking, she just wanna stop breathing.

"Uuuhhhgg!!! Why did I do that!" Scratching her hair into a total mess, "Now, he won't stop teasing me!" Which includes Yamada Ryosuke random texts and LINE messages which he never ever did since high school and now showing up in a high school gathering which he usually doesn't attend. Well, it's agreeable--the guy is teasing her...or maybe just plainly trying to catch up coz he felt a bit of guilt right there? Whatever the reason is...Mirai is not comfortable in every bit of it.

She really needs to run away, seriously. You know, it's one dang awkward thing being in one circle with the person she confessed to not to mention it's an unintentional drunken confession. Just... no way! She's stuck.

But because she's really smart--totally smart for those who doesn't know, she had an idea. Grabbing her phone from her pocket, Mirai dialled her manager's number. She's definitely gonna get out of the situation. The plan is to make her manager fetch her in the restaurant, telling everyone she will have an emergency photoshoot and tadaaan~ she's out of the scene.

"Brilliant." She barely praises herself but she can't help it tonight. "Okay, so whille I'm waiting for the fetch, I'll try my best to avoid him in the restaurant." Nodding to herself while therel's a constant ringing in the other line. "Come on, pick it up--whoaaahh!" She almost drop her phone when there's a knock in the window of the car. 

Chinen looks at her from the tinted window. "Mirai, are you okay there?" She turned her phone off and opens the window to reveal herself to the worried and cnfused Chinen Yuri. "H-Hi."

"I watched you park my car...cool." 

Mirai let out a brief laugh. "Sorry." She immediately went of the car and hands him the keys. "We're you worried, I might crash your car?"

"Yeah~ a bit." He laughed. " Kamiki was telling me you're the worst driver when you're troubled"

She rolled her eyes. "That guy talks a lot." Upon saying that, she realized it wasn't a good idea in the first place to tell Kamiki about her feelings for Yamada Ryosuke. Definite not a good idea. Why did she ever consider that?

"So, what makes you troubled?" Taking his first step back to the restaurant, Chinen asked Mirai which makes her stop for awhile.

"Uhnn...Nothing... really." An obvious lie. When Mirai rolls her eyes down, you know she's lying. A few gets that gestures she had, but she knows Chinen doesn't know about that.

"You don't have to lie." Chinen grins. Swear, the little guy doens't know about Mirai's gestures. He is just plain smart. "Somethin' up between you and Ryosuke?" Very smart. 

Mirai knows she has to be worried. "Eh?"

Chinen laughs. "Jackpot!"

She turned pale for a moment. Lies and excuses can't roll out from her tongue. Chinen Yuri is a freaking god. He isn't just smart, he has that power of manipulation, making everyone agree on him. 

A sigh, "He's on his phone more than usual which is unusual." Chinen smirks at Mirai.

Well..that's because he's teasing me! He's all about it because I told him he already forgot about me! He's growing big in the industry, and he's getting more and more good-looking everyday! Little narcissist And he's full of himself! Just because I poured him with compliments! He's definitely making fun of me!

Mirai wanted to shout his thoughts out but does she have to when this guy she is talking to right now can definitely read her.

"Ryosuke's been spacing out lately. He can't perfect rehearsals, getting more clumsier and quieter." 

Mirai's eyes expanded in surprise. Who wouldn't? Like seriously, is he really worried?

"Let's go?" Chinen opens the door of the restaurant while Mirai followed him thinking if running is still a good idea. 

Her eyes immediately caught Ryosuke silently laughing at Kamiki and Yuto dancing a crappy choreography from a famous commercial.

"Eh? Yuto-kun?" Then she realizes

Yuto sees her too. "Oi Mirai-chaaaannn!" He waves at her.

She smiles at him and in the corner of her eyes, she can see Ryosuke's smile fading as he stares at her.

Ignore. Ignore his stare. Our princess walked her way in the group. Chinen sits on one empty seat next to Umika. They transferred to an eight seater table which means the seat she had next to Suzuka is .... Mirai squints her eyes and spotted Kamiki there. "Occupied." Her little smile disappeared when she spotted a not-so-ideal seat coz Oh sweetpotatoes it's right next to the blond punyukichi she's been avoiding. Dang it!

Yuto pointed at the vacant seat in between him and Ryosuke and she forced a dry single laugh. She saw Kamiki looks away from her when she glared at him. Crap, she wants to pound the hell out of Kamiki Ryunosuke. With the awkward smile painted on his lips she slowly took the seat and crap! does he really have to stare at her while she sits? This is too much Mirai can handle.

In the corner of her eyes is Ryosuke preparing to say something. "Uuh--"

"Mirai-chan." Yuto drop a shotglass of soju in front of her. "And for Yama-chan." He puts another shotglass of the korean alcohol.

Ryosuke looks at Yuto. "Why are you bringing soju with you?"

"Shuhei asked me to bring some but unfortunately he never came." Yuto said handing another to Umika.

"Oh no thanks, Yuto-kun. I don't want get drunk." Umika refused.

"Me too, I think I'll pass." Mirai added. Like hell! Off course she's refusing. The last time she checked, she's done the stupidest thing in her entire life because of alcohol.

"No way!" Yuto waves his arms. "That's not gonna be fun, Umika-chan, Mirai-chan. Just one shot, come on!"

"Eehh~ But~" Umika pouts. "I get so much headache with soju. Can I get a ladies drink instead?" He sweetly smiled at Yuto. 

Yuto laughs. "Why do you transform into a bunny when you have to?" His laugh subsided. "Fine unless someone took your shot." He looks at Umika then to Mirai.

Chinen slowly grabs for Umika's glass and drink it all up.

"Uh~ Chinen-kun." Umika almost panicked.

Chinen let out a single cough. 

"T-Thank you."

Chinen stared at her for a moment before lighly knocking on her forehead. "Stop being cute."

EEEEHHHHHH~!!! And everyone went kyuuuuuuuuun~

"But how about Mirai-chan's?" Yuto pointed at her shot glass.

Kamiki leaned on the table. "That's not a problem, Mirai can even handle a bottle."

Mirai's flexes reached Kamiki for a smack in the head.

"Ouch! I'm kidding!" As Kamiki rubs his head, Ryosuke's hand reached for Mirai's glass.

Ryosuke got everyone's attention. Aheemmm If someone wants to be Umika's prince, someone also wants to be Mirai's---

But Mirai's eyes narrowed in when instead of putting the glass closer to him, Ryosuke hands the glass away. Kamiki was confused when Ryosuke nods at him, gesturing Kamiki to drink the glass of soju. The others exchange glances waiting for Kamiki's next move. Less than a second he took the glass and chug the content in his throat.

"Aahh~" Kamiki complaint for a moment when suddenly he lighly knocks on Ryosuke's forehead, completely copying Chinen. "Stop being cute."

And everyone laughs so hard including Mirai who almost fall from her seat and Ryosuke frozen with his wide smile amusingly blinking--a bit of amused and disgusted.

"Gawd this is so gay." Mirai commented in between her giggles. Little did he know, Ryosuke was staring at her.

Suzuka elbows Umika, raising her brows at Ryosuke. She tries to conceal her smile as she whispers. "Tell me what that stare is all about."

Umika's face grew pink, running both her hands on her face. "Oh my gawd. That stare is everything."

But you know, when are being stared like that, there's no way you can't feel it. So you can imagine how uncomfortable Mirai is right now. And you can tell on how her hands panicked for water, snatching Yuto's glass and takes a gulp. She coughs and Yuto looks at her confused. "I thought you don't wanna drink, huh Mirai-chan?"

"Are you okay?" Ryosuke leans closer, handing her a glass of water.

She took it and emptied the glass. She slams the glass on the table. "Tell me you never drank on that?"

Looking at the empty glass, he tilted his head. "I..." He blinks, thinking it carefully. "I think I did."

Mirai sighs, rolling her eyes.

Chinen stands from his seat. "Umika-chan, let's get some descent drinks in the counter."

Umika nodded and followed while Yuto added, "What do you mean by descent, my soju is descent you know." As he chased on Chinen and wrap his arm around his shoulder.

Suzuka Kamiki. "I'm hungry."

"Well then let's call the waiter." He looks around for the waiter.

"No I like to eat some chips."

"They are not selling chips here Suzuka-chan."

"I know." He grabs for Kamiki's wrist. "Come with me. There's a convenience store nearby.."

"Eh?" Kamiki complaint but in the end whether Mirai, Ryosuke or Suzuka, he cannot say no. And he finds himself being drag outside the restaurant for that.

And for Mirai being left in that table with Ryosuke is a torture. She should have just called her manager. Now it's too late.

Ryosuke leans his back on his chair, sighing a little.

Why am I still here? I need to get my outta here.

For Mirai the sight of Yamada Ryosuke is the complete definition of torture. Well,she admits before her confession, his sight was pleasing. Especially whenever it's a long while before she sees him again. But he's plain boring and whenever they accidentally meets in studios and random places, all he gives is a bow...and a little smile...sometimes.

"Are you mad?"

"You're annoying." She tried to keep her voice low. You know, Umika and Chinen and Yuto are just a couple of walkaway, seated on the mini bar of the restaurant watching the bartender juggle bottles.

Ryosuke just shrug.

"Would you stop these?" Mirai glares at him. 

"What?"

"You're random texts! Stop sending stickers on LINE. And...focus! Focus on you have to focus on." 

"How can I? I'm all worried about you."

"I'm telling you, you don't have to."Mirai sighs. "Okay here...I want you to forget all I said. Those are..." She gulps.

My feelings.

His eyes on Mirai's eyes, looking at them as if there's no where else to go.

She was silent for a moment. For a long while, he never looked straight at her. Cannot even look at her. "I was drank, okay? You can't trust that." She forced a laugh.

"Do you remember all you said?"

She stopped for a moment. "Not..all."

"Tell me things you remember, and tell me what part of it is wrong?"\

Mirai puts her hand on her forehead. "Why are you making this complicated? You can't trust a drunk's words, you know."

"There's a lot of times drunk people talk to me...Kamiki, Yuto, Chinen, Keito...Hayato...Daichan...my sister . They talk nonsense when they're drunk." 

Mirai was nodding. Is she convincing him now? She wished she has.

"But yours is different.."

She pursed her lips together. "Let's forget abotu that." Mirai stands up and wears her cap and mask. 

"Mirai-chan." Umika sees Mirai, packing up. "Where are you going?"

"Oi Mirai-chan, nande?" Yuto called out.

She smiles. "I need to go. Uhnnn...I'll see you next time."

"Eh?" Umika looks at Ryosuke for answer. "W-Why?"

"It's getting too late. I need to be early tomorrow for work." She rolled her eyes down again. She's lying and Umika knows that gesture.

"Is that so?"

"Okay, bye." She waves at her friends and dashes out of the room. She met up with Kamiki and Suzuka in the entrance.

Well you know, our little princess here is such a drama queen. She can't handle things related to feelings. She's grew up naive about these stuffs. People tends to believe that her innocence kept her single until the age of twenty two but the truth is she's scared of her own feelings. And that kept her single. 

"Why is Mirai leaving?" Kamiki pointed outside.

Suzuka looks at Ryosuke. "Will you not do something?"

Ryosuke looks away from Suzuka's stare.

Yuto smiled, walking behind Ryosuke. "You've always look at her, the way you do tonight."

The confused look on Ryosuke's face is priceless.

"The way you secretly cared for her." Chinen added.

"And the way you pound me when you're jealous." Kamiki sat in front of Ryosuke.

Yuto laughs. "I know right." He turned to Kamiki. "I wonder what Yama-chan did whe the Kamishi rumors exploded."

Kamiki sighed. "You won't want to know my struggles." 

Ryosuke eyed his friends. "How did y--"

"It's kinda obvious." They synchronized and then laugh hard.

"We all know." Suzuka smiled. "Well, except for Mirai-chan."

"You've been running away from each other." Umika sat next to Kammiki. "Will you chase her this time?"

Ryosuke stands from his seat, he grabs a bottle of 360 ml soju. Emptied the whole bottle, he grabs for another one and chug it all in.  He wipes his lips with the back of his hands. Jawdropped, his friends just look at him. "Yosshi!" He takes a breathe before running out of the restaurant. 

"Uuuh~ Kawaii." Kamiki complimented.

Suzuka leans abve Kamiki's head. "Don't confuse me Miki."

"What do you mean?" He looks up at her.

Suzuka moves closer to his ears for a whisper. "You're not gay, are you?"

Kamiki immediately moves away from her. " Homo janaiii!"

 

 

 

Four blocks away from the restaurant, Mirai kept her disguise intact. It's spring and the pollination isn't helping her feeling right now. You know she hates pollination, you can tell on how red her nose gets even with her mask on. SHe should have brought her own car with her. Umika fetch her with so she didn't usee her car. AT first she thanks god she need to to drive but now, she wish she had.

She was thinking all these stiffs when someonw stood so close behind her, grabbing her left wrists. Looking from her shoulders, she saw a blond-headed person almost leaning in her shoulders. Mirai wants to die when she noticed she wasn't wearing any disguise like litearlly a bare Yamada Ryosuke on the street holding a fully disguised woman. Luckily, it was not a busy street.

"Dang it Yamada Ryosuke, why are you bare, at least wear mask. Dang it." She whispers.

"Stop calling me in complete name or they'll notice."

"What are you doing?" She faces him, snapping her hand away from his grip.

He opens his palm. "We have five problems here....ONe. You like me. Two...You like me since high school."

"Oh gawd. Shut his out up. He's killing me." Mirai glimpses at he sky for mercy. But if Zeus can't help, I doubt other gods can.

"Three.." He continues. "You believe I dont care about you, that I avoid you...forgets you." He gulps,  tension clogged in his throat and Mirai can notice that. He's nervous. "Four..." He looks at Mirai. " You think I'm too good lookin."

Mirais blushes behind mask. "Shut up!"

Ryosuke tried to stop his smile. "Five...You think I'm being annoying now that I know the already mentioned four things."

"Okay fine!" Mirai's voice is rising. "I admit saying all of those not in sound mind..." Now her voice fluctuates. "..but in sound emotions. So what?"

"Let's fix the problems." He wipes the lower part of his face. "Okay." Now Mirai noticed he sound more confident, not nervous anymore. "I wanna say sorry for making you feel bad. For ignoring you for years. Avoiding you since high school. I didn't wanna do that but I have to. IT's not because there's something wrong about you. But there's wrong about me."

Mirai just stood there waiting for him to continue.

"I LIKED you way before you like me. That's what I'm sure of."

Crap! He's way too confident. Mirai is annoyed with the past tense tho.

"That's the reason why I avoided  you. I'm not good at these stuffs and I'm lame around girls and that doesn't exclude you. I want to tell you but I'm too scared. Scared of the rules. Scared of your answer. Scared what will happn."

Mirai's heart beat went faster.

"So I decided to forget about my feelings. Anyway I'm not worth it. You're a successful actress...I'm a mere johnny's junior crawling his way up to survive in the industry. I am unworthy."

"I'll never be worthy"

The same words from the drunk Mirai. And she rememebered that, she remembered the feeling.

Ryosuke twists his lips. "I've worked hard to be worthy." A brief laugh. "But still I'm scared. I'm a coward and so I continue to avoid you. I tried to forget you, you were right.I tried looking at other girls... kissed other girls...and--" he was cut midsentence.

ROFL! Look at the sight of Shida Mirai right now. She's sobbing like how she sobbed when her hamster died. That's totally not because she's sad about Ryosuke's POV but because our main girl is ing jealous. Come on! You understand her, imagine the only person you liked all your life. The reason why you never dated any other guys. The only guy you imagine kissing with has kissed other girls and-- noticed the 'and' in his sentence, it's going to be a bad news, I assure you.

She removed her mask coz it's soaking wet.

A burst of laughter came out from Ryosuke's lips. "I'm kidding!" 

Mirai bawls more as he moves closer to her. He stares at her face.

"I don't care if you kissed other girls and do whatever you wanted to do but you don't have to tell me that!" She said in between her sobs.

"I told you I'm kidding." He slowly rest her head o his shoulder and hugs her. He inched his lips on her ear  and whispers. "I love you."

MIrai is really happy. But there's one things she realized. She pulled herself from the hug and grab Ryosuke's cheeks with both hands. She squints her eyes, examining him.

"What?" He's confused.

"You're drunk." She glared at him, tightening her hands on his cheeks.

"Uh~" He looks away from her eyes. 

"Look at me in the eyes, Yamada Ryosuke!"

He did anyway. "Just two bottles of soju."

"Why did you do this?"

"I can't say all those embarrassing things I said without alcohol!"

Mirai laughs.

"And I can't do this too." He inches closer for a kiss. 

What? What do you want from me? WHAT? You want me to describe the kiss? No way. Oh no, don't give me that look. It's a private thing. It's Mirai's first kiss. Ofcourse minus on screen kisses. ANd for Ryosuke, I don't know about that guy...he gets alot of stolen kisses in the streets...so... Come on! Don't make me describe that kiss. NO WAY! Oh, not that puppy look. Guys, noplease, I'm weak with that look.

Okay Fine! I am describing. Happy now?

 

He placed his hand under her ear, aiming for her lips but looking at her eyes. She closed them waiting for his lips against her. He captured her lower lips. Slow of kisses. SHe partly opened to welcome him in, resting her arms in his shoulder and his hands on her waist. His tongue goes its way in-- 

 

DO YOU STILL WANT ME TO CONTINUE?

 

GOTCHA!

 

Even if you know Yamada Ryosuke has his y side especially now that he's drunk, he is always a gentleman to the one he likes. And I don't know if he's ever gonna slide his t--I mean if he's ever gonna give Mirai a romantic kiss drunk or not.

 

"Will you date me?" He asked confidently.

She smiled. "Ask me again tomorrow. When you're not drunk."

 

 

The next day. Kamiki decided to gather the class again. This time, all of them attended. It's a karaoke party that everyone loves.They are having morefun today than yesterday. Well since yesterday was a total drama. Mirai refused to drink and so did Ryosuke. But he can't get the courage to ask her the same question again. After all isn't he a coward plus he's too embarrassed of everthing that happened yesterday, especially the kiss. Definitely the kiss.

 

In the end Mirai is frustrated again. She sat quietly in one end of the couch

 

Ryosuke sits next to her. "Will you date me."

Mirai's eyes expanded looking at him.

"Don't make me kiss you."

"You're not drunk,  are you?"

He smiled. "I'm not...but you are." He gets a glass of wine from her hand.

She laughs, she's not drunk yet of course. 

"So, will you date me?" He looks in her eyes.

She nods. 

Trying to conceal the esctasy, he leans on the couch and smiles at the ceiling. 

His expression is so Yama-chan! 

His ears are heating up.

 

 

We must be wondering what happened to their relationship without them being drunk. And we will be left wondering what will happen in their love without them being drunk. Coz come on! You have to admit, it's kinda boring! They are both shy like teenagers. It was alot fun when they were drunk!

 

Oh sh*t! Are they drunk again?! Cover your eyes, they're making out.

 

DONT MAKE ME DESCRIBE IT

 

THE END...

 

Kamiki: Making out?! Who are making out? .....Yamachan and Mirai-chan?

Ryosuke: Shup up! It;s just a kiss in the forehead!