Drunken Confession

Drunken Confession

 

 

 

Suzuka sighed on her phone. "Please pick up. Come on!" She has been marching back and forth from the living room of her for-the-mean-time apartment in Kanagawa. She's having a little detour from vacation and she decided to stay in Kanagawa for awhile since her best friend, Mirai, begged her to. And she is just one of those people who is really weak whenever Mirai flashes her puppy-dog-face though sometimes it looks more like a platypus to her.

As she marches around the living room, she continuously calls for someone she can rely on in this situation she has right now in front of her. 

Suzuka cursed under her breath when she tripped on a bottle of tequila and at the same time hearing the server's voice on the other line saying, he is out of reach. She sighed one more time and take the bottle to the center table where an empty shot glass was sitting alongside a rather disturbing figure of a woman who is face down on the table and her hair scattered all around. She's wearing a black knitted turtle neck and a pair of denim jeans, and the red scarf she was wearing is now in the floor together with the sofa pillows.

Glancing at her, Suzuka cannot believe that person who is asleep dead in so much alcohol is that same Ken-on actress who is known for having a cute face and adorable innocence--the one and only and only in the world, Shida Mirai.

Yes, the same person who asked her to stay in Kanagawa for awhile. Suzuka thought maybe her best friend just missed her so much and needs to catch up with the times they were apart as they continue their lives after high school but she guessed it's not like that at all. Well, Mirai is unpredictable but seriously? Knocking on her door in the middle of the night and asked alcohol for dinner? Does Suzuka need to check one more time if this person is the legit Shida Mirai?

Suzuka wished! 

If only she's an impostor or a random Shida impersonator then it's easier to throw her out of the apartment but for Pete's sake, this is Mirai! She can't just call her a taxi and tell the driver to drive her home neither let her go home alone. Mirai can stay for the night but Suzuka's boyfriend will be here soon and wouldn't it be weird if a drunk girl will be thirdwheeling them?

That is why she needs to call for someone's assistance but goodness! Why on Earth is he not picking up the phone? Suzuka is sure he is around the corners of Kanagawa Prefecture right now for a movie filming. And she is sure anytime he can have small breaks and find his phone ringing. 

"Darn! Kamiki Ryunosuke! Pick up the darn phone, now!" She tried to not yell too loud for the neighbors to hear. Like, hello? Calling for the Kamiki Ryunosuke in the middle of the night? What is she a fangirl who's watching his videos in youtube while everyone is asleep?

And oh yes, Kamiki is in Mirai's district. Kanagawa must be really big but whether you believe it or not, the filming site of his movie is near Mirai's place. Isn't that lucky? Suzuka thought she is lucky to be having a back up...but she's having a struggle connecting to him right now.

She gritted on her teeth. "Just one more time you don't answer this call, I'll literally rip your hair outta your hea--"

"Hello?"

"I'll kill you!" Suzuka yelled. "Kamiki!"

Mirai groaned when her aching slumber was disturbed by Suzuka's yelling. "K-Kamiki?" She slightly opened her eyes with the utterance of her best pal's name. If only Kamiki is a girl, Mirai could have spend half of her life with him talking about all the randomness in the world without giving darn care about the people around them.

Well, that guy is her childhood friend and they've known each other for quite some time. Imagine, they have been acquainted since Tantei Gakuen Q SP last 2006, then followed by Tantei Gakuen Q renzoku the next year, went on the same high school and spend three years in the same class?

Wait a minute...have all of you forgotten? Another guy who fits on the uppermentioned categories? You already know who I mean?

Yes, yes! Yamada Ryosuke! Right!

Well duh! Mirai pushed the thought of him in the back of her mind coz right now she is blurrily seeing Suzuka on the phone talking to Kamiki Ryunosuke. So let's just focus on our main guy right now.

So yeah, Suzuka has been yelling at Kamiki but for Mirai and her aching head, everything is just gibberish. Is it Suzuka's speech? Or it's just her failing alcohol-coated senses that makes her feel like she has inhaled cheap drugs? Well we know it's option two but for Mirai, she is still undecided.

"Kamiki~" Mirai managed to utter his name once again before her eyes gave in when her heavy lids were stubbornly making actions without her consent.

She's fast asleep again.

 

 

 

 

She must be inside a moving vehicle. No, more like she's riding a horse. But why would she be riding a horse? Is it the tequila's effect? Never thought tequila has this effect. But hey, she drank 750 ml of alcohol which is equal to 1/5 of a gallon...that's 16 shots! Impressive right? So we can't blame her if she's feeling like riding a horse or something.

She can even feel like she's on the back of a dragon and it is flying her up in the night sky to touch the stars..or maybe catch some stars and keep it in her pocket. Or give it to Suzuka as a present for being such a good sport for giving her a bottle of alcohol. So, definitely you can blame Suzuka why Mirai is losing her pace right now.

But whatever! Let's just confirm if Mirai is literally having a ride right now. Not ride as in carousels or ferriswheel or roller coaters or the like.

She groaned one more time, feeling her aching head and her heating up cheeks. "W-Where am I?"

Everything is blurry though not just because our girl is drunk. Have you forgotten she has a terrible eyesight?

Bad eyesight plus alcohol. Don't expect her to give a better description of what she's seeing right now. But she's seeing pink polka dots in the air. Well, those are falling cherry blossom petals. Yeah, nothing so weird about those pink polka dots.

But she is really on a ride. She confirmed it so because her feet aren't in the ground but she's walking!

Okay. let's get to the point. Mirai has been carried piggyback!

She can only see one side of his face. His nose and his lips, his chin, his cheek. Just the left side of his face though. She need not to analyze who on Earth is this person. First, because she is too drunk to think; and second, because she and even you have the slightest idea who is he, right?

Mirai strike him in the shoulder once then repeatedly did it without any precisely acceptable reason. Don't blame her, she's drunk.

The guy has to cough. "What the hell, Mirai?! What's wrong with you!" He complaint.

"Don't blame me! I'm drunk!" Was her answer. See? Don't blame a drunk person. They are not in control of themselves. They are in the state of being possessed by a bad spirit--the spirit of alcohol of course.

"You don't hit people who are helping you and is trying to send you home!" He complained once again making Mirai frown with the sudden change in Kamiki's mood. He used to let her beat him and just rub it off. Is he having his period? Mirai laugh the thought out of her unstable mind. Or maybe Suzuka scolded him so much, he can't hold his temper no more.

"Shut up!" Mirai yelled at him near the ear and he has to crinkle before he sighs and let that pass.

"Seriously, what's goin' on with you?" A sigh as he frown. "You don't usually drink and worst a bottle of alcohol all by yourself?"

Mirai just breath a chunk of cold air. "I am in an insoluble dilemma." 

"Dilemma?" He repeated with a question mark, meaning he wants an assurance if he is hearing it right. He can't believe that someone as bubbly as Shida Mirai is having a dilemma.

She nodded in a drunk manner--you know when some drunk old men tries to nod once but then their heads keep on bouncing like they have been nodding unending? That's how she nods. She sighed. "It's about...--" Hiccups!

Not about hiccups! Mirai just hiccupped so she was cut from saying what she wants to say. Wanna make a guess what is her dilemma about?

Uhnnn...Disneyland matters? Maybe she wants to go to Disneyland but her mother won't allow her? ...Wait! What the hell is that? Mirai isn't 10 to be asking a permission from her mom before going to Disneyland.

Make more guess!

Oh, oh! She's sick and the doctor told her not to eat tuna for the rest of her life or else she'll die! ...Dang it! That's genius! Way too genius it sound so stupid!

Let's stop guessing and let her finish her sentence!

"I-It's about..." She squeezed her eyes and sniffed. "...Y-Yama-chan."

"Yama-chan?!" He was too shock with that he almost drop Mirai. "Eh? Yama-chan?"

Admit it, you're as surprise too!

She nodded. "H-He is so...far away."

"What are you talking about?"

"LET ME FINISH FIRST!" She yelled on his ear again.

The guy has to shut up, slow down his pace and let the drunk brat finish her idiomatic expression. 

"He's gone so far now, you know." Mirai is in a calmer mood. "I'm happy for him off course. But...he is kinda getting a little too far." She stretched out her hand from his shoulder, and as she tries to grab a falling petal... "That even the tips of my fingers can't reach him." ...she clenched his hand, trying to grab the petal, but it just slip off from her attempt. "He doesn't even text me asking if I'm still alive...I don't even know it he still remembers my name." She sniffs and glanced at the guy ignoring the very little distance of their faces. "Do you know what I mean?!"

But he just stay silent as he froze on the spot. 

Mirai had to beat him once more. She is aware that Kamiki is not so good in words but at least he should say something. Probably defend Ryosuke. Does Kamiki always do that? Cover up for Ryosuke? Defend trash talks for Ryosuke? So Mirai can't understand why is he not saying anything this time. Did she say something weird?

"Ne!" Mirai shakes his shoulders.

"Stop! I'll lose grip of you!"

She did stop right away though. She bats her eyes as she tries to get a clearer view of his features from that view. He's shoulders were broader that the last time she felt it. And his grips on her tighs, careful but strong. But she really don't mind if he put his hands on her tighs and not just the back of his hands on them. She's aware he is trying to be a gentleman by not wrapping his fingers on her tighs but if it's Kamiki, she really doesn't care at all.

He begun walking again.

Mirai held his shoulder tighter. "Not to mention his good looks."

He choked with his own throat as he heard what Mirai had just said. Never in his entire life he heard Mirai drop  compliment at any guys before.She has been surrounded by ikemen guys here and there but she doesn't care about that. Even during high school. He won't be such a humble nitwit but all of the guys in his class  including himself are all ikemen but Mirai would never care less.

"Dang, he is way good-looking!" She complaint and the guy has to choke once again, coughing more terribly. "He is even prettier than me!" She continued. "Curse Ryoko-san!"

He laughed silently at that.

"Making me feel so ugly." She sighed. "I'll never be worthy."

His feet stopped. He is taking all the time to dissolve Mirai's words into his aching heart.

She rested her head on his shoulder. 

"You shouldn't be drinking because of that." He said with his voice softer. She had never heard Kamiki's voice turn this warm when it's too low.

"You don't know what I mean!" She yelled and hicupps again.

He was about to take a step when...

"I like Yama-chan." 

He died at that. How about you, did you die at that? Don't be, it's not yet over. So yeah, basically his heart froze and his feet froze along with it. But he is not dead I assure you. He's still breathing and his heart pounding...too much.

She buried her face on his back. "I like...--" Hiccups! Not hiccups. "I like Yama-chan." She sniffs. "Since then... I like him but I couldn't tell him becuse it's hopeless."

Do you feel bad for him now? But isn't it a sad story for Mirai? So who's side are you?

Keep that in mind and maybe we'll get back to that later.

"I-It's hopeless." She groaned in a very drunk manner before she lift his face and look at the stunned guy. "Hey!" She snapped him awake and he started walking again before twitching his lips and inhale the cold air.

"Don't tell anyone about what I told you. okay?" Gently, she inched closer to his face that she can feel his heartbeat on his throat. "Please." There come the puppy-dog-face slash platypus-face bt with really flushed cheek and he can't figure if it's natural blush or alcohol.

Mirai's eyes started to blur again and her cheek falls back of his shoulder, wrapping her arms tighter on him. "Don't tell Yama-chan about what I told you, okay?...Okay?" Her eyes were half open. "But when did you dye your hair like that, Miki-kun?" Until her eyes shut and she started snoozing in a not-so-very-lady-manner.

He slightly glimpse at her sleeping face with a frown, more like an 'Aha' expression. "I knew it!"

 

 

 

Mirai lifted herself from the soft surface. Her head is throbbing. Now she totally regretted she did what she did last night. She looks around and confirmed she's in her own room--not on the streets or in the woods or in the garbage, injured and . She's definitely safe and alive. Glancing at her watch, she read 11:34 am. She skipped jogging and breakfast and she skipped feeding her pet hamster that Umika gave last year for her birthday. 

Marching out to the kitchen to grab a glass of water, she was greeted by her mother's glare. Of course, no mother will be happy with any daughter who arrived home at 1 am, drunk and with a guy carrying her in his back.

"I'm sorry, mom." She sighed, rolling her eyes and sits in front of the dining table. "This will be the first and the last time that this will happen."

"This should be the last time!" Said her mother. "You don't always have a friend to bring you home safe, you know."

"Yeah, I know."

"Oh, the poor boy had to carry you home. I feel so sorry for him." She lowered her voice. "Lately you were gaining weight so..."

"Mom!"

"How about Suzuka-chan? I'm sure she's very worried of--"

"Whoahhh!!! Suzu-chan!" Mirai immediately run to the telephone and dialled Suzuka's number. Drumming her fingers in the table as she waits for Suzuka to answer, her mother smiled at her.

"Anyway, I invited your 'superman' over for lunch to thank him for last night. We're having barbeque in the backyard. Your dad is already starting the grill while Miyu is setting up the picnic mat. The grass is perfectly trimmed so it'll be nice if we have an outdoor lunch and you should change your clothes now coz you smell like--" 

"What? You did what, mom?!"

The older lady just shrug.

"You don't have to go that far, mom. I can just text him thank you." 'My superman'? And what that makes me, Lois Lane? He doesn't have enough muscles to complete the look of a hero, you know. 

"That's not a very grateful act, I-chan." Her mom crossed her arms on her chest.

Mirai just hrugged it off and went back to the telephone. "Oh why is Suzuka not answering?" She pouted..when..

Hello. Finally Suzuka answered the call.

"Suzu-chan~"

While Suzuka started talking in the other line, the doorbell rang.

"Oh, he's here!" Mirai's mom beamed and Mirai can just shove her mother to get the door for her. 

"I'm really sorry about last night, Suzu-chan." Mirai apologized and Suzuka laughed.

"You were totally messed up, yesterday." Another giggle from Suzuka. "Good thing, I found a life saver."

Mirai smiled.

"I can't believe he can be such a help. Lucky he is also here in Kanagawa. I had no choice but to contact him since Kamiki is immediately transferred back to Tokyo for another scene they are filmi--"

"Huh? What?!"

"I said Kamiki is back to Tokyo for--"

"HE IS WHAT?!! THEN WHO THE HE--?" Mirai's eyes popped in big circles as she heard footsteps behind her.

"I-chan!" She can hear her mom from behind. "Won't you mind greeting?"

Mirai slowly turns her head on the door of the kitchen and just as then her blood drained with the sight of a guy standing there, looking at her with those eyes she is too familiar of, with that freaking blond hair. 

OH MY GOOD LORD!

The drained blood dashed through Mirai's entire face as she stiffened and turned into a cemented rock seeing the real life--not a life size standee but the legit and full-bodied, with human organs, Yamada Ryosuke in front of her.

She wanted to disappear. Not the type were she suddenly collapse and die or turns into confetti or ash or something but disappear as in Oh-Lord-please-make-the-earth-swallow-me-whole kind of disappearance. That is more epic.

So yeah, mouth all curse words you know coz from the very then it was Yamada Ryosuke. Yes, Mirai just did tell Yamada Ryosuke about her long kept secret that she is actually in love with him.

"I-chan!" Her mom raised her brows as if telling her daughtr to say something. "Ryosuke-kun is-- I-chan!!!"

"NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!" Mirai dashed out of the kitchen door completely flushed like a ripe tomato. But when she is in the main door to finally run away from the house and from him, the doorknob got stuck and she's struggling as she tried to open it. Dang it! Dad hasn't fix this one yet?!

Ryosuke froze in his feet before he burst out laughing. He walked on towards Mirai as he laugh. "Mirai-chan! It's okay! Come on!"

"GO AWAY!!!" T~T

 

 

THE END

 

 

A/N: SORRY GUYS FOR WASTING YOUR TIME LOL.. This is such a crappy work. This ff is inspired from my dream the other night. The same characters and all (except that sometimes I felt like I'm Mirai lmao). This was exactly what happened in my dream, I just edited some things because you know dreams are creepily unbelievable and the transitions are weird so this is like a smoothened version. lol. If you are here for Kamishi, I'm sorry for deceiving you . I love guys <3

        #YamashiAllTheWay lmao