Nai Kokuhaku

Drunken Confession

Mirai can hear the sound of utensils accompanied by the familiar laugh of her family as they talk about the barbeque and how delicious are they.

She swallowed the forming drool inside . She is in fact really hungry as of the moment. Who would not? She only had a bottle of tequila last night, the reason why she is still having headache as of the moment and the same reason why she hasn't any breakfast and not to mention...

"Oi, Mirai-chan!"

Yes of course not to mention that golden haired ikemen baka who joined the whole family for an outdoor lunch today. 

Mirai had been there in the grassy lawn wrapping the whole picnic mat in her body as if she's in her own bed, which explains why her dad had to bring the dining table out for them to use because our main girl here don't wanna leave the picnic mat. She was blankly looking at the garden, ignoring Ryosuke calling her. 

"Oi, Mirai-chan!" He called for her again.

"Rot in hell, Yamada Ryosuke." She mumbled inside the mat.

"The barbeque is really delicious. You should at least grab some or else I'm gonna eat them all and you'll starve all day." Ryosuke said and Mirai's family laughed with him.

"Tch!" Mirai clicked her tongue. "That's not surprising. You're a glutton anyway...what's the use of calling you Ryosuke-buta." She mumbled again, gibberish under the picnic mat.

And if you can only see the faces Shida Mirai is making right now, you wouldn't think she is the same lady you see in her interviews and TV guestings.

But she started panicking when she can hear footsteps coming towards her. "Crap! He is coming." She thought, freezing inside the mat.

Ryosuke poked the mat. 

"That's my eye, moron!" Mirai complained.

"How should I know?" He randomly poked everywhere and the mat moved like a worm. "Oh, that one was soft. Was that your ?"

"Shut up!" Mirai released her head out of the mat.

Ryosuke's face was so amused as he tried to stop himself from laughing at how Mirai's face turned tomato in so much irritation. "It's either your cheek or your . I bet they have the same size--Itai!" He grumbled after Mirai's kick landed on his face and he stumbled on the grass.

They can hear Miyu's giggle from behind.

For Miyu what she's witnessing right now is a total nostalgia. How many years had it been since she saw them like this? 8 years? Ten? Unlike some Yamashi fans may think, these two aren't the best pals who go along well together (unlike Kamishi). Yes, they have a lot of things in common but they seem to bicker with Ryosuke's stupidity and Mirai's bluntness. They're like water and oil ever since Tantei Gakuen Q and Kamiki is just another substance that made them stick together. But that kind of relationship is what something the both of them fail to have as years go by.

It's not just the entrance of new friends, nor the booming of their career since 2010 until present, not even school rules or those ironic agency rules. It just happened. And that's what frustrates Mirai.

She just stared at him, not looking so happy.

"Hey! That hurts!" Ryosuke rubbed his cheek, he froze for a moment at he looked at Mirai's expression. He panicked for awhile before sighing. "Okay I'm sorry...I shouldn't have poke your . But seriously, I am not interested with them so----Aww aww aww!" Ryosuke shut his eyes as Mirai grabbed and pulled his hair. 

Mirai released him as she stood and grab the picnic mat with her just to walk inside the house.

It's not because she was insulted with the -thingy. She knew they're just muffins but she's contented with what she has. Well, maybe sometimes she wished they were bigger...but hell! She can still find someone who will marry her despite that! Crap, why are we talking about her s?

"I-chan!" She can hear her dad's voice but decided to ignore it.

Back slump in her bed, sighed and looked at the ceiling, Shida Mirai wished everything is just a dream.

What really annoyed her?

He's acting like nothing happened. He's acting like it's seemed the good old days--those childish times were they bully each other...all these and those. Did they already finish that bond? When he replaced a grin with a slight bow? When he walked awhile when she joined the conversation? When he refused to be paired with her in a lab project?

Well, she understood all of that. That was when all the Mariya-rumor came out, but she's not Mariya for Pete's sake!

Aren't they supposed to be friends?

Stoooopppp!!!

Too much angst!

This is not supposed to be angsty...I supposed. Do you want it to be a heart-wrenching, tear-jerking, I-hate-Yamada-for-ignoring-Mirai-ing or I-despise-Yamada-for-being-so-stupid-ing story? I can consider a few percentage of you right now are saying Yes...Oh, I can hear a No too! Wait. Wait. I'm confused! Let's just go back to Yamada.

 

 

Yamada Ryosuke on the other hand, watched Mirai walked out from the scene. You might be thinking that he's thinking that MIrai was offended with the commentary but you know, maybe more than that.

 

 

Ryosuke bowed at Mirai's parents. "Thank you for the delicious lunch. I sure can consider another one some time if you're interested."

The couple laughed at his humor...but jeeezz...he's damn serious, you know.

Well, even Ryosuke was confused with the laughing but just forcefully laughed with them.

"Sure Ryosuke-kun. You can drop by anytime you want." The lady smiled warmly at him and his heart flutter looking at her eyes. He always knew Mirai got hers from her mom.

"And maybe next time, you'll be a little gentle with nee-chan." Miyuu commented as she playfully laughed. Ryosuke knows Miyu had grew up since the last time she saw her but her teasing never worn off. 

"Oh, speaking of MIrai." The older man looked upstairs. "She's still having a hangover. I'm sorry about that."

Ryosuke glimpsed upstairs. "No, I am resposible too. I shouldn't have annoyed her."

"I-chan!" The lady called Mirai. "Ryosuke-kun will be leaving!"

There was a sudden pause.

Ryosuke was about to bow when there was a creak of the door upstairs. 

"Itterasshai." Mirai's voice was loud but low under her breath.

A smile broke in Ryosuke's lips as he looked upstairs. "Ittekimasu!"

 

 

 

"Uuuurggggh!!!" Mirai gripped her head. It has been two days since that day but she still can't get over it.

The sound of ice rumbling inside a glass can be heard in front her. Kamiki Ryunosuke isn't so delighted to be having this dinner date with one of her bestfriends. Don't be shock! She's not so paramount to be ranked no.1 out of his best friends. The guy tends to have a lot. Mirai isn't one of a kind.

He stopped sipping the empty glass os iced tea when Mirai's glare landed on him. "W-What?"

"This is all your fault!" Mirai grumbled.

Kamiki froze in shock. "Can someone tell me what's going on?" Moving his eyes at the person next to him. 

Umika forced a grin at Kamiki. "Ne, Suzu." Slightly kicking Suzuka's foot under the table.

"What?" She shrugged. "I don't know the whole story."

The three people grasped as Mirai dropped her face on the table.

Umika grabbed Kamiki's shirt teary-eyed. "Miki-kun do something! Mirai is suffering from some sort of psychological depression."

"Eh?" Miki was always weirded out by how Umika reacts to things. Maybe a lot of people who know Kawashima Umika has that impression...well maybe Chinen Yuri is an exception. That guy always has a low range of reaction to people's behaviour, even that involves Yuto's suicidal attempts or Ryosuke's stunt paralysis. I'M KIDDING! Nothing happened so serious like that.

Suzuka sighed. "All I know is...Mirai thought it was Miki-kun that night."

"Night? What night?" Kamiki straigtened his back, curious. Wonder what this brat is thinking when heard 'night'.

Suzuka whipped Kamiki's head. "Remember that night I called you?" Suzuka crossed her arms.

"Ah!" He nodded. "When you were in Kanagawa and Mirai got drunk!"

 "Yes, I asked you to fetch her and send her home but unfortunately, you're back in Tokyo."

Umika exchanged glaces at her friends. She's so cute when she looks so innocent and clue-less like that.

"Yuto informed me th---"

"You're back together?" Kamiki stood, pointing at Suzuka with amused expression.

"Fudging NO!" Suzuka rolled her eyes. As of the moment, Suzuka is dating a mature guy, successful, not as handsome as Yuto but who needs a perfect a boyfriend! "I was just randomly exchanging line messages with him that night...so yeah, he told me Yama-chan is currently in Kanagawa so I called him."

Umika nodded. "But...what's wrong with that? I didn't see any news about them being caught by paparazzi, so..."

"That's what Mirai has to tell us." Suzuka sighed.

"And why is she blaming me?" Kamiki sighed too. "She's really odd sometimes."

"Don't talk as if I'm not here!" Mirai lifted her face. The random pattern of the table was embeded in her forehead. Don't tell her. Act with how Umika and Kamiki hold their laughter.

"You know MIrai-chan, trilling us like this isn't helping. So, what happened?" Suzuka leaned in the table.

Mirai looked at her friends and sighed. Well, you can guess what happened after that. She told them everything.

 

 

 

"YOU LIKE YAMADA?!"

Mirai shuddered with the sudden reaction from her friends. Luckily, they decided to meet at a friend's restaurant and the whole place was booked for them. No one had to bare the stun moment but Mirai alone.

Umika covered . "Oh my gawd! I always thought you like Yuto."

"WHAT?!" Suzuka and Mirai chorused.

Kamiki laughed hard.

Mirai glared at him. "Are you mocking me, Kamiki Ryunosuke?!"

Kamiki's laugh subsided. "Sorry...but seriously, you thought I was him so you told him those stuffs thinking that he was me when in fact it wasn't cuz it was him the first place!"

That sounds really confusing, but yeah. Yes, Kamiki, yes!

Mirai just glared at him once again.

"What? I'm just trying to clarify things." Kamiki smiled. "I kinda feel overwhelmed at that. You really trust me Mirai-chan."

Mirai dropped her face on the table again. "It's too embarassing, I wanna die!"

Umika leaned closer to her. "Did he say anything?"

Mirai slightly lifted her face to look at Umika, and shook her head. "Nothing. He's just being random."

When she say random, not just that incident in their house but also the 'Good morning' messages, 'What are you doing' messages from that blond alien. For Mirai, Yamada Ryosuke is definitely mocking her. Because she told him that he like him, and she's really frustrated that he's been ignoring for quite some time. 

Then a phone rang.

"Your phone just rang, Mirai." Kamiki said.

Mirai displayed a crooked face. She's 98.99999777% sure who the sender is and she needs not a whole guessing to do but still she almost cursed seeing his name on the screen of her phone. SPAM MESSAGE is what he named Yamada Ryosuke in her contacts. She was about to delete without reading when he took a glimpse of some of the content of the message which goes 'I am meeting with Kami...'

 She immediately opened the message which completely goes... 'I am meeting with Kamiki tonight at a restaurant in Hakushu.' Her eyes shifted from her phone screen to her friend in front of her. "Kamiki!"

"What?" Confused Kamiki looked so scared. Suddenly his phone rings. 

'I'm almost there.' He read the message which came from...YAMA-CHAN<3. (Yes, he literally wrote a heart in Ryosuke's name in his contacts but I assure you he is straight...Uhnnn...That's what I know)

"Oh crap." Kamiki said in low voice. "I forgot I invited Yama-chan to join us tonight."

"What?!!!" Suzuka and Umika looked shock.

"He normally says he can't come, but..." the guy forced a laugh, "guess not today..."

Mirai immediately stood up. "Gawd, I need to leave before he catches me here." Looked briefly at Kamiki, "I'll get back to you!" And drifted out of the table, fixing her cap when ,good forbids, she bumped into someone.

"Mirai-chan?"

Oh dear...guess who was that?

Mirai almost shut her eyes expecting the same person you're expecting.

"Mirai-chan! It's been awhile!" He smiled at her.

"Eh?" She looked closely at the person. "Chinen?"

Chinen nodded confused. 

Suzuka, Umika and Kamiki just watched from behind.

"Chineeeeenn!!!" Mirai hugged him unconsciously, relieved. "It's you. Of course it's you!" Oh thank goodness! Mirai had a total breather. 

"You looked so overwhelmed now, lately you were as pale as death!" Chinen laughed.

Mirai forced a laugh. "Well..."

 

"Chinen, you parked the car in the wrong place!"

Dang it!

Who's that who just talked from the direction of the door behind Chinen?

And a blonde-head image poked from Chinen's shoulder. 

Oh, deadmeat! Of course! What do you expect, a Chinen without Yamada? 

"Ah, Mirai-chan!" Yamada Ryosuke's voice rumbled with the sound of her heartbeat.

She doesn't know what to do. All curse words are flying in her thoughts right now. She wanna asked Zeus to send lightnings tonight. Not to her. But to that blonde alien right accross her. Come on Zeus, prove Mirai your existence! Strike Yamada Ryosuke with your lightning!

But yeah, Zeus is not teaming up with her tonight. 

She needs to get outta here, is all she's thinking right now.

"Let me park your car." She grinned awkwardly at Chinen.

Confused, Chinen lifted his keys from his pocket which Mirai immediately grabbed as she dashed pass him and away from Ryosuke.

 

TO BE CONTINUED....

 

So I decided to extend some more chapters. Sorry it took me a long while before I wrote the continuation.

And since I saw some sequel requests, I just had this. But, writing the next episode might took awhile again. So for now, I hope you enjoy the continuation of Drunken COnfession. Thank you for reading. Comments are very much appreciated!