Red

Two roses in A Thorn

Park Chanyeol

A tall slim man, leaned over the marble black kitchen counter, reaching for the vanilla glazed doughnut, ones with sprinkles to be exact.

But it wasn't his giant figure or his childish attitude toward which doughnut he wanted that caught Lay's attention.

It was the red haircut that Chanyeol fashioned that Lay has realized and noticed when coming down the stairs.

It didn't trigger anything and it wasn't as if Lay hated the colour or disliked the haircut, he just wondered how someone would have gained so much confidence into styling such a colour without being afraid of judgment, not the Lay was one to give much judgment to others.

"Are you ready to get back out there, make new freinds?" Sehun asked.

Sehun slouches on the living room couch, his feet crossing at the bottom, younger then Lay but more serious than Chanyeol.

He had come with Kyungsoo, a doctor and his cousin Kai, a dancer.

Kai, darker skinned liked Tao, Sat beside Sehun, his arms crossed over his chest, didn't say much though he wasn't  uncomfortable, just quiet.

" I guess so" Lay answered, pushing a strand of hair behind his ear.

 Kai smirked, sitting up " you can always hang out with us, we'll find you real friends"

Tao continued " Yeah, we've been friends since forever", referring to him, Sehun and Kai.

"But aren't I a little older than you guys, wouldn't I be a burden, also I'm sure Kris would want me to stick by him now"

Lay said shyly, saying it mostly so that he would stick by Kris.

"It's fine Lay, they're kids, and Kris would want you stick around"

Lay turned to Chanyeol, who jokingly winked.

"Right"

Lay had agreed.

The boys didn't look to disappointed with Lay's refusal; in fact they seemed kind of happy.

They had only invited Lay along out of sheer kindness but it seems their legendary days of just them three could continue with no disturbance.

 

In the Kitchen, most of the older male friends gathered around Kris, all seeming to be taking his words in deep thought.

His voice low but tight, and he lowered his gaze while frowning, but nonetheless, Kris angrily telling the story about finding Lay was not on his mind.

He leaned more to the fact that Kris had so many friends. Maybe it was envy or simple curiosity that continued to stings Lay's brain, but Lay had wished that he had many friends, even while growing up, not much people enjoyed his company.

The doctor, Kyungsoo glanced at him, smiling. Lay shyly bit his lip, quickly staring at the carpet. Oh no, he thought, what if he tries to talk to me?

Lay wasn't in the mood for talking , he wasn't in the mood for anything besides lying down.

He turned toward the kitchen again, Kyungsoo wasn't looking his way anymore, he was busy with his black turtle neck, knocking over the soda with his elbow.

A small but large laugh came from his right, it was Chanyeol who covered his mouth when Kyungsoo glared at him.

Lay smiled, everyone seemed like family,had he missed out on so much, then something had caught his eye.

A photo.

A women in her early twenties, Sat in her silk blue dress, obviously costing more than the photo shoot itself, her smile brightened by the red lipstick she wore as she stared at the camera.

She seemed happy.

But She wasn't in the room, someone that was so important to hang, but she wasn't here.

A mother.

Lay turned back to the kitchen, where Kris had changed the subject to work, he urged to ask Kris where the mother in the photo happened to be.

The kitchen was filled, filled with strangers only to Lay.

He turned away, giving up until later when everyone would leave.

Chanyeol was quiet again, this time gazing at Lay, he hadn't said anything but had got up and left to the kitchen.

Lay heard him whispering something to Kris and everyone in the kitchen had gotten quiet, , Lay thought, he felt their stares and he felt it again.

The pains that he had experienced before.

His head felt light.

People laughing, grabbing at him.

"You worthless !"

The other crying,shouting, "stop it!"

"Lay?"

His body felt weak, dropping on his knees, everything fading.

He was back in the room, chains tightened, the other telling him to run.

I'm sorry

I'm so sorry