Chapter 2 - Another One

That Little Girl
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

I sighed as I closed the laptop in front of me. Remembering what happened years ago made me miss the Kuyas even more.

---------

I almost ran away when I heard that phrase from Kuya Kris. It was a good thing that they explained it right away, if they didn’t, I might be lost again right now. Well hey, you can’t blame me for being so paranoid. I was raise by a paranoid mother you know. Overly paranoid to be exact.

 

“Zareen, stay here for a while, alright?” Kuya Kris said. I quickly nodded at him as response, before he went up the stairs with Kuya Chan. The other two were busy talking to lady near the elevator. Soon, after 5 minutes, Kuya Jun then approached me. “You stay here. We will be back.” He said slowly. Letting me understand every word he said.

 

I slowly nodded at him. He smiled as he and Kuya Reo went off, but before completely leaving, Kuya Reo looked at me and pointed something at my back. I looked back and saw a couch near a door. Giving me a last nod, they went off. Was he telling me to sit on the couch for the mean time? Yeah, I think I interpreted it well though.

 

Slowly sitting on the couch, I observe this building. It’s wall is painted mostly white and some pink at the bottom of it. The doors and windows are made of super expensive glasses. And oh yeah, it’s like they are selling glass and mirrors inside too. What’s with this though? But I must admit, white and pink really match so well, it’s relaxing to the eyes.

 

“eolin-i.”

 

I looked up to see a strange man strangely looking at me. he’s hair was brown and he’s features are somewhat like an American. He got this pouty lips. It suits him very well.

 

“dangsin-eun sonsil?” He asked, which I perfectly didn’t understand. You know this is getting frustrating already.

 

I didn’t spoke a word nor I moved. I just stared at him confusingly. We had a staring contest for about 30 seconds or something, until sighed and ruffled his hair. I thing he too, is frustrated. He suddenly sat on the couch beside me.

 

“You.. you know how to speak in English right?” he slowly asked.

 

Whoa. I stared at him in awe, mesmerized by his accent. It was so perfect and calm. You can perfectly understand him. The American accent was also there and there was a little hint of lisp when he speaks. I nodded without breaking our eye contact. This Kuya is so amazing.

 

He smiled widely as he sighed in relief. “I’m so glad that you know to speak in English!” He said grinning from ear to ear.

 

“You know, this building is just for trainees. What are you doing here anyway? Do you perhaps have any siblings here?” he just kept on talking nonstop. He’s very  talkative for a boy like him. It’s unusual though. “…or are you a trainee here? Like if you are, then congrats! I think you’re the youngest trainee here in SM!” He cheerfully said. He keeps talking about training, s, the seniors and his upcoming debut. I didn’t know guys also do debuts and stuff.

 

“And oh yeah, my name’s Johnny.” He said while smiling so brightly. “What’s your name?” He added, his smile still not fading.

 

“Zareen. My name is Zareen.” I replied.

 

“Whoa!” he exclaimed which made me surprise. He was so bubbly and cheerful a while ago, but now his expression was just full of amazement. “Are you Spanish?!” he asked.

 

I looked at him wide eye, Well that’s a shocker. How’d he know about this? I was still shocked until he spoke. “Your name means ‘made out of gold’ in Spanish. You must me that precious, aren’t you?” he said. His smile, almost in his eye. I stared at him, mouth agape. This is amazing. He’s the first one to notice and understand my name.

 

“Oh my, how did you know Kuya?” I asked, still amaze. Well, he just chuckled and then ruffled my hair.

 

“I studied Spanish for some reason. Just don’t ask why.” He said while laughing awkwardly, scratching the back of his neck

 

“Well.. also I studied a bit of the Filipino culture. Kuya is a term used by younger kids to call an older guy. Am I right?” he added.

 

I slowly nodded at him. Wow. He’s very smart and cool. If you base on his physical appearance, you will never think of him as a smart, bubbly, cheerful kind of boy, instead you will the exact opposite like conceited and a boy with full of confidence.

 

“How’d you learn about this Kuya? This is very amazing.” I said, which made him feel proud. He showed me a cheeky smile.

 

He explained why. But eventually, after explaining for quite some time, he got off topic. He told me about the hardships of becoming a trainee. The fun in auditioning, being casted and such. He also told me 2/3 about his life. Even though I didn’t quite understand him, his stories were super interesting.

 

We were having fun exchanging childish stories when I noticed the Kuyas were there already.

 

“I see that you have met Johnny already.” Kuya Kris said as he approached us with keys on his hands.

 

I nodded as I cheerfully replied. “Yup! Kuya Johnny is so funny. I like him!” The Kuyas then chuckled and smiled. One by one they ruffled my curly hair again. After that they kept teasing me that I use a lot of ‘Aegyo’ when they are around.

 

“Aegyo?” I asked.

 

“It means cuteness in English.” Kuya Johnny explained smiling. Oh… So that’s the meaning. I don’t notice myself trying to be cute. Well maybe it flows out naturally. I’m a kid after all

 

“By the way Hyung. Is this your sister or niece or something?” Kuya Johnny asked, referring to Kuya Kris.

 

“No. This kid was just lost.” He answered while chuckling. He looked at me with a teasing grin. What was that about? I pouted which made everyone coo. Am I that cute?

 

The Kuyas were explaining why I got here. Kuya Johnny was quite confuse though, so the o

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter