Chapter 1 - Seoul, Korea

That Little Girl
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

April 11, 2010

 

"Reen, come closer to Mama. You don't want to be lost in this crowd." I nodded as I snuck closer to her. I looked around, wow, Seoul is really big.

 

We were walking in a slow pace until people came rushing in. Walking and running as if they were going to be late for something. I almost got dragged by these people if my sister hadn't grabbed my hand tighly. "Reen, I told you to stay close." My mother said lightly scolding me. She looked at me wide eye, as if she was warning me. I got terrified alright. I once again looked around.  All I can say, Seoul is a really busy place.

 

We went to this street stalls where they sell different stuffs, like clothes, toys, and etc. Surprisingly my parents were fascinated by antique collections and decorations, so they stopped by to look at the antiques. For 'new things slash decors in the house' they say. As for me, I was bored as a cat. Even the cool toys are not helping.

 

"Ate, how long are we going to be here?" I ask my older sister. But she just shrugged and continued to look at the piled clothes. Hmm maybe she was searching for a good shirt to wear. I guess she too, is enjoying the stalls. 

 

Well, might as well look around.

Oh! whoa-- those books are nice. I then slowly approach the stall. 

 

These books are awesome! And the cover of the books are cool! Wow! *0* 'Beside The Darkness' WOW! Even the title itself is awesome! I need to buy this. 

 

I quickly told the lady selling the books to wait up, and that I'm going back to buy the book. "Ma! I want to buy this Beside The Dark--- Ma?" That's odd, they're gone. They were just there moments ago. Where are they? "Maaa? Paaa? Ate?" I asked around hoping for an answer from them. I continued to look for them around this stalls. Where did they went?

 

I again walked and walked until the crowd earlier wasn't so much of a crowd anymore now. That's odd. The stalls earlier are nowhere to be seen too. All I see in this place are just trees and tall buildings. There is also a huge park across the street. I looked around, and I notice only 5 to 11 people.

 

wait..

 

oh.

 

 So then I just realize, I was already lost.

 

Nice

 

This can't be happening to me. How unlucky am I? I can't be lost, my mother would kill me! T-T My mother already warned me about getting lost. this is not a good thing.

 

I continued to walk, but in a slow pace. Tears were starting to form in my eyes, I can feel it. This situation is really terrifying, it's a new experience for me. I fished out my phone from my pocket expecting a miscall from my parents, but there weren't any. Just wow, how can they not know I'm already gone? My hands were tremblimg badly, that my phone seems to fall from my grip any time soon. I tried calming myself,  but it didn't work. I'm bad at this. Sheeesh. I cup my cheeks for comfort, then I felt it was wet. I must have already cried.

 

"ugh, Ma, just call alrea--- ouch!" 

 

"Oh, Mianhae, gwaenchana?" The guy who bumped suddenly spoke. I'm pretty sure he was asking a question base on the intonation of his voice, but the thing is, I didn't understand him. 

 

I looked up to see a super tall man with dark hair. He was also with 3 other guys.

 

Wait..

 

4 guys.. a question.. oh no.. this is bad.

 

I slowly looked at them wide eyed. I was frightened by the situation. I think something bad might happen to me. Oh Lord, please don't, I'm only Nine. Tears again began to form. I slowly took a step back, not breaking their eye contact. When I was about to run, one of them grabbed me by the wrist to stop me from my tracks.

 

"NO! NO! GET AWAY! PLEASE DON'T HURT ME!" I yelled, startling the four strangers. Then the man who talked earlier chuckled and said something to the other guys. I didn't understand, for he was speaking in korean. He slowly squat down to reach my level. He smiled at me which made me calm for a little bit

 

"Hey, I can speak in english too. don't worry little girl. We won't hurt you." He said in a calm way. So he can speak in English? This older guy's voice was soothing. But I didn't bought it. I still looked at them suspiciously. I looked at my wrist then at the guy who was holding it. "Chanyeol, stop holding her. She's scared" The guy again said. "Oh, Mian." The other one said as he release his grip. I can't understand him. Was he saying sorry?

 

"Nononono~ don't cry, don't cry" He said as he wipe something on my cheeks. I flinched at the contact. Did I cried again?

 

"Hey, don't worry alright?" He said, he flashed me a sweet and warm smile. He's smile reminded me of a caring big brother. I carefully examined their face, if they were up to something or not. and after a long stare, I say they are pretty harmless. So  I nodded at them as a response, and because of this his smile grew and patted my head. Well, I guess I can trust them. They were pretty friendly, well he was friendly. 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter