Taken

Escape

“Uncle I’m home!”

 

Jongin enters the house worn out. He had met up with a few of his friends downtown and they ended up just walking everywhere that their feet could take them for the entire afternoon. He dropped his keys on the kitchen table, before entering his room and checking the clock on his night stand, “9:52, wow... I’m earlier than usual.”

 

He went to the bathroom taking a quick shower, allowing for the hot water to calm his tired body, before going to the kitchen to find some food, only to find none. “Uncle! Did you not make dinner? You promised you’d make something good today,” the boy pouted. When no response came, that’s when he finally noticed just how quiet the house was.

 

‘… Uncle?” He searched the entire house not finding him anywhere. Jongin let out a tired sigh as he went back to his room “That’s weird, he usually get’s home before I do on weekdays.” He grabbed his phone hoping to call his uncle when he saw a new voicemail from said man. He must have called when I was showering.

 

* You have one new voicemail*

‘ Jongin. I’m uhhhh… I'm going to be late… tonight. So ummm... you can make yourself something to eat. I was working a little overtime, and… and it’s already past curfew. So… I am going to be lat- actually, I think I’ll just stay the night at the workplace. So I don’t get into any trouble. I’ll see you tomm-... later. I’ll see you later.’

 

“...Okay, that was weird.” He muttered as he set the phone down. He looked back at the clock seeing that it was already 10:35 before deciding to just go to sleep.

He fell asleep quickly, allowing for the tiredness to take over him, not knowing what was to come. Not knowing that his uncle sat in a corner of his office crying his eyes out for what he had done.

 

--------------------------------------------------------

 

Clank. That’s all it took to wake Jongin from his slumber.

 

He sat up from his bed and tried to rub the drowsiness from his eyes as he looked at the clock. 1:25 am?  

 

Clank.

 

He furrowed his eyebrows as he slowly stood up from his bed. Somethings not right…  Quietly he made his way out of his room. “Uncle? Are you back already?” He shuffled through the hallway not daring to turn on the lights or make a loud noise. In the back of his mind he knew something was off. He made his way into the living room where the sound continued, until he found himself in front of the kitchen island.

Up above hung the majority of their silver pots and pans, which seemed to be hitting against each other. The boy calmed down letting out a small breathe he seemed to be holding. Not even knowing why he got nervous in the first place.

He reached up and steadied the two pots, and that’s when he saw it. Through the pot he could see the blurred image of someone else in the house, behind him. Before he could even turn around he felt them grab his arms as he was pushed against the counter. Someone else grabbed the back of his head and slammed it onto the table, as the other handcuffed him from behind. "What the ?" he muttered as more of them came into view.

He felt the blood begin to run down his forehead as a million thoughts raced through his head. Jongin had no idea who these people were, how many of them there were, or why, but he did know he had to get out.

 

As if they read his mind Jongin felt a cold metal wrap around his neck, distracting him for a second, and when he tried to teleport out of there he couldn’t.

His head was slammed against the table again before being brought back up. Another person held his head as they beamed a light into his eye, as if studying him, before he felt a sharp pain in his shoulder only to find a needle jabbed in there. The mysterious people dropped him to the ground, and Jongin could hear them saying “We got him. Let’s go.”

 

They dragged him out of his home while all he could mutter was, “What did you do to me? Where are you taking me...”  

And before Jongin let the drowsiness, and pain overtake him he was able to make out what one of them said “ We're taking you where you belong.”

 

------------------------------------------------------

Gray. That was all he could see. 

When Jongin woke up all he saw was the moving gray. All he could hear was a slight buzzing in his ears.

 

Cement. Moving cement? He winced as the pain on his forehead came back. His head rose slightly, and that's when he realized he was being slowly dragged by his arms through a hallway. When his vision was able to actually focus on his surroundings he finally began to observe where he was. It was dimly lit, wide, and the walls were made of stones. There were no windows to this neverending hallway, the lights flickered in the darkness and you can hear the rusted pipes and howls of what seemed to be animals. It began to remind Jongin of a horror movie, and that thought began to unsettle him.

 

Was he in a basement? It looked more like a dungeon. He tried to open his mouth to speak but his throat hurt and after a bit of suffering, all he was able to say repeatedly in a low and cracked voice was “...no...”

The two men taking him heard his quiet sufferings, only sparing him a glance before continuing deeper down the corridor. There were four of them, two in front and two holding him. They were dressed in all black body armor, reminding Jongin of the S.W.A.T. team, except that they didn’t have any logo on their suits and Jongin doubted they wanted to help him. They were complete with a black helmet that didn’t reveal their faces or anything about them.

 

As they dragged him further and further the two men began to drag Jongin faster as if wanting to reach their destination as quickly as possible. Jongin raised his head once again and heart dropped as the howls became louder and more distinct.

 

It wasn’t animals.

 

Jongin’s breathing became faster and louder. His eyes widened as his worst fears suddenly became a reality as he began to see prison cells pass filled with people screaming and cursing, reaching out to him. He sees their faces, some look desperate, calling out to the soldiers, others look angry, screaming and banging at the bars. That is before one of the two men in front of him reached into their pocket and took out what seemed to be a taser, tasing them back into the darkness of their cells. Others look lifeless just staring back at Jongin as they kneel down.

 

He lost count on how many cells they passed, some packed with people while others with barely any inside.

Once it finally hit Jongin where he was and what was happening he began to thrash in his hold, finding strength in his adrenaline and fears. “Stop! Let me go! Please I didn’t do anything, please! Please! I didn't do anything...”

 

Tears were beginning to build in his eyes as the fear consumed him, he was able to loosen their grip to the point where he fell on the floor but instantly lost all energy, realizing he was still weak from earlier. He looked up at the men and instantly regretted it when he saw the baton aiming for his head, before everything turned black again.



 

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------