Chapter 4

My Unsecured Love

Chapter 4.

 

A lot of time has passed. Seconds, minutes, hours…days. Days turned into weeks, and those weeks turned out to be my loneliness. Why? Nickhun and Tiffany was inseparable, wherever Tiffany goes there’s Nickhun and vice versa.

 

Every single time I would eat either alone in the cafeteria or with Taeng and Jessica. I wouldn’t blame Tiffany for the sorrow that I’m feeling for she isn’t aware of it and I’m not ready to let her know. Right now all that I’m afraid of is that, if Tiffany and Nickhun would be together, it would be a nightmare. I just learned that Nickhun is the biggest Casanova in his high school days; don’t ask how I knew I just have my own ways to secure Tiffany’s emotional and physical well being.

 

And to my surprise no scratch that, I’m not surprised at all for I saw it coming anyway. My worst nightmare actually came…just great.

 

I went to the schools garden to ease my mind and calm my soul; I sat at the stoned flower bed and placed my earphones on.

 

I let the soft gentle breeze touch my face, with my eyes closed savoring time alone, and a few moments from the there I felt a tap on my shoulder. I flutter my eyes open slowly and I saw an angel in front of me, Tiffany Hwang.

 

“Hey Yuri, what are you doing here?” she looked at me with a wide smile on her face.

 

“Oh…nothing, just listening to some music, you look happy.” I sat properly and faced her. I smiled. “What’s going on? What made you smile that waaaay~” I teased and tickled her side lightly.

 

“Yaaaahh~” she pouted.

 

“Haha, ok I’m sorry, now back to my question why are you so happy?”

 

“Nickhun and I are together now.”

 

Pang! Like metal that smacked right into my ears down to my heart, the pain oozing throughout my body when I heard what she just said. They’re together now? It wasn’t even a month yet! Tiffany don’t be a fool…

 

“R-R-Really?” I asked her, stuttering. Yes Tiffany why, of all people why him?

 

“Yes! Isn’t that great! We’re finally officially dating, and of course as my best friend you have all the rights to know the good news first!” she pulled me up and hugged me.

 

“Why him? It’s not good news for me at all…” I uttered softly not caring if she hears it or not, it’s true after all.

 

“Huh? Y-Yuri are you saying something?”

 

“…”

 

Silence.

 

“…”

 

Silence.

 

“No, nothing Fany, nothing.” I hugged her tight and caressed her back soothingly.

 

                                                                                    X

 

“T-T-Taeyeon ah…why! WHY!” I cried loudly in Taeyeon’s embrace, both Jessica and her are at our dorm right now, Tiffany’s not here, she’s with…him, probably having a date.

 

“Shhh…Yuri ah, calm down, it’s ok, everything will be alright…” she ran her hands on hair while patting my back. “Shhh…it’s going to be fine…”

 

“W-Why do I-I have to fall in love with a g-girl Tae… I’m suffering so much…I-I wish I d-d-didn’t love T-Tiffany at all…” I managed to make out words in between my sobs.

 

“Seobang~ don’t say that, feeling in love is one of the best things, and just because you fell in love with a girl doesn’t mean that you’re putting yourself in a worst case scenario…” Jessica held my shoulder and looked at me with worry.

 

“B-but Sica, t-this j-just proves it d-doesn’t it…” I cried even louder.

 

Maybe I could wish the gods to grant me just one wish, I wish that Tiffany would love me and that she would realize that Nickhun will do her no good.

 

Jessica and Taeyeon can’t do anything but look at the certain girl with pity, Yuri’s a kind hearted person, someone like her is rare these days, if both of them could feel happiness being a couple after all the mistakes they did, why can’t Yuri have the same?

 

***

 

Chapter 4 ends.

I was listening to love songs while writing this, and writing the dialogues is just… :’(

Anyway…enjoy =)