Prologue

My Troublemaker

Peyton's POV 

Today is the day I've been waiting for for my whole life. One of my dreams is finally going to happen. I made sure I had everything in my suitcase. When I finished checking everything, I saw a text notification had popped up on my lock screen. It was from Mikasa. 

Mikasa: Fei Fei and I have just arrived at the airport! I can't wait!! Where are you? 

Me: I'm just about to leave the house now. Why are you at the airport already? The plane is not for another four hours! 

Mikasa: Better to be safe than sorry. I don't want to miss the plane. Besides Fei Fei wants to go to the shops to look for a tour guide of Japan and other useless things that will trash our plane seats. 

Me: Lol! I better get going because I can hear my parents shouting from the lawn. Bye! xx 

Mikasa: See you soon! xx 

I grabbed my suitcase that had a plastic handle which could go up and down and also had wheels for me to pull it around easily. I also brought another bag that had my important needs and things so I wouldn't get bored on the plane but I'm pretty sure I wouldn't need any of it because Fei Fei and Misa Misa will keep me occupied the whole way there with all their craziness. 

I dragged my feet to the front lawn and passed my large suitcase to my father who was putting it next to my seat securely. I passed my other bag to him then got in the car. My mother got in the passenger seat and then my father came in next in the driver's seat after he finished putting all our luggage away.  

I looked out my window with my head held high and my heart beating as fast as the speed of light. I was so excited, to see all the amazing places in Japan. And the best thing about it all was that I was going to be going with the closest people in my life.  

Mother also said that my family from Switzerland were going to be there. Father didn't like the idea because their attitude towards us was rather rude but nonetheless we had no choice. We weren't going to let them ruin our holiday. 
 
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
I saw the sign that said the next turning was the international airport. I quickly texted Misa Misa that we were here. I then looked up and saw that Mother was panicking because father was driving a little too fast. We were at the airport and we turned right to go to the parking area. 
 
I heard a loud noise behind me. It sounded like an engine was roaring its lungs out. I turned my head around and saw a white van racing behind us. 
 
Before I knew it the car was upside down and on fire. 
 
I screamed my lungs out for help and for air only to be greeted with black smoke and unbearable heat. I tried to open my door but my leg was caught on the luggage that wasn't able to fit in the boot. 
 
So this how it ends.
 
I closed my eyes tightly, hoping that maybe a miracle will happen or maybe to finally awaken from this dream. But only to find out, that it wasn't a dream. Suddenly, I saw a light hitting against my face and I saw that my window was smashed open. 
 
I saw a hand reaching out for me. I quickly grabbed the hand and I was pulled out. I felt someone was carrying me in a bridal style. 
 
My eyes were still blurry and I noticed my hero's face. I recognised it from somewhere but I couldn't remember from where.
 
His face was still blurry but I noticed his eyes. They were cold and dark. Rather frightening but at the same time they were like magnets drawing me in and trapping me with their attractiveness. 
 
I didn't want to close my eyes because it felt like if I closed my eyes, that would be it. I noticed I was losing breath because of the smoke. I suddenly choked. My throat was on fire and my eyes started drooping as I gasped for air. My eye-lids gave way and closed and all that was left, was darkness. 
 
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
Dream. 
 
My skin was tickled by long, thin, green grass. The wind blew harder, making the grass brush against my skin more. I woke up from the feeling and then slowly sat up. I blinked my eyes to get rid of the wateriness and tiredness that blurred my vision. 
 
I got up and looked down to see myself in a white summer dress with my short hair flowing with the wind's pattern. I was barefooted too. I looked around me and I was surrounded by red flowers, like you see when someone's in heaven in some movies. 
 
I couldn't be dead could I? I kneeled down and picked a red flower. The flower I chose seemed different from the others. It had white patches. 
 
I picked it up and smelt the wonderful scent. I shut my eyelids, enjoying the scent that invaded my nostrils until I was disturbed by the strong gush of the wind. 
 
I turned my head to the direction of the wind. I saw two specks, which turned into two spots, then into two blobs, then finally into two human figures. I took a step closer and I noticed two men giving out their hand to me. I tilted my head to the side out of confusion. 
 
What do they want? 
 
Who were they?
 
Who do I choose?
 
One man was tall, handsome, angel-looking even but at the same time rather demon-like. He didn't look sweet or kind but he was attractive regardless and his eyes were rather breathtaking. 
 
The second man was a little shorter but he looked sweeter but not too sweet. His eyes met mine and he gave a small smile. Not one that would show his teeth but it was still filled with such sincerity and happiness. 
 
The taller one caressed my cheek with his soft, veiny hand while the sweeter looking one took my loose wavy locks out of my face and tucked it behind my ear. He leaned in to my ear. I felt his lips move against my ear but I couldn't hear anything.
 
The taller one held my chin softly and his thumb gentlely caressed my lip. Both of them took my hand and then walked back. I was pulled by them and then they both gave me a rose. The sweet one had a white one while the taller one had a red one. 
 
"Choose."