The Ring

The Wedding
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was late at night in Gwangju and I was so tired from walking with heels for nothing. Hoseok asked me out tonight and he said he would take me to some place special. I dressed fancy because I've been waiting for a serious night like this. My relationship with Hoseok was always fun and full of jokes. I like the part when he is full of jokes but I really need a proper date for once.

That's why I dressed fancy tonight, while I'm staying in his hometown, and he said he will take me to somewhere special. Is it my fault to expect for something special as well?

 

But here I am, I walked with the remaining pain from the heels towards his home front door, I guess the date is over. The place was indeed special, but he didn't do anything special.

 

"Eun Sol-ah.."

 

"Yeah what is it Hoseok?"

 

"Do you enjoy tonight?"

 

"Of course, thank you for taking me to a dinner like this Hoseok, I never knew you'd do it for me." I said while taking off my shoes. I made a smooching sound with my lips and went inside.

 

"Eiyyyysh." he said behind me.

 

I held the shoes in my hand and opened the door. It was dark. I stepped inside and take a sneaky quick step inside, leaving him behind.

He suddenly turned the light on and chased after me. He held my hand and screamed in whisper "Eun Sol. Wait a minute." He took my shoes from my hand and put them on the floor.

 

"I know it might be too late for me to finally ask this. But, I will still try.." He chuckled and then took a deep breath.

 

I stared at him under the light of the nightstand behind him. He looked so handsome in his gray tshirt and black blazer.

 

He smiled and said, "Wait a minute."

He held both of my hands, his hands were very cold. He closed his eyes and again, took a deep breath. He opened his eyes and he looked at me with a loving gaze.

 

"Will you marry me?" he blurted out, his eyes full of affection, he stared deeply to my eyes, searching for a clue of what I will say. He held my hand so soft and drew circles with his thumb on the upper side of my hand. He stopped because I didn't say anything.

 

The house was very quiet, nobody still awake, and there was no other sound than our breathing, and the echo of his question a second ago.

I widened my eyes in shock, still unable to say anything.

 

"Eun Sol-ah? Is everything okay? Do you- don't you want any of these?"

 

"No." I answered, I felt like I need to choke, having him saying such words.

 

"You don't want it or you don't want to marry me?" He asked again, this time with worried look on his face.

 

"No, I don't want to marry you-"

 

"But why?" You have always b

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter