Distance and Closeness

Like father like son

It had been 3 and a half months now since Chansung and Sangmi had met again. And in all this time nothing has happened between them, even both of them wanted. It was not like they were oblivious to each other’s feeling. Chansung wanted to protect his family. Confirming a relationship as an idol was always more than risky. But Chansung regretted it now, that he haven’t made a move, because the 2PM member were sitting in a plane that was about to take off to Japan soon. They’d be there for three whole weeks.
Already after two days Chansung missed them like crazy. But he could handle it somehow so mostly everything was as always on tour. The only difference was that Chansung took his time in the mornings or evenings to make phone calls or skype calls with his son and Sangmi.
But the time went by slower, or at least it felt like that for 2PM’s maknae. And finally, they had only one night in Japan left.

*
Sangmi was really nervous. Chansung had called her yesterday evening and asked her to come to the airport with Jaehyun when they’ll arrive back in Seoul. He hadn’t really answered her questions why she should do it. He had just asked her to trust him and she did. She had trusted him when they were children, she had trusted him when they were a couple and she also trusted him now. This man had her trust and her heart. All these years she had loved him. She’d never thought that Chansung’s feelings hadn’t changed either, even if of course she had wished so. She knew that he had some girlfriend’s in between, but now she also knew that it was never serious, that she also had his heart all the time.
And so she took a taxi to Incheon Airport on Sunday morning. Jaehyun was still very sleepy and hung in his mother’s arms while she walked to the arrival gates. Seeing all the mostly female fans, who were waiting for 2PM’s arrival, made her feel uncomfortable. The young mother felt in the wrong place. Why would Chansung want her to come here? They weren’t official. Strictly considered they weren’t even a couple at the moment, even if they met a few times a week and took care of their son together and never broke up back then.
But before Sangmi could decide whether to leave or to stay the fans suddenly started screaming. The doors had opened and after some staff member left the security area, the member started coming out.


Sangmi bit her lip when Jaehyun started to move uneasy in her arms. He looked around and the first he saw was the oldest member. “Uncle Minjun!” he said excited and suddenly all the fan’s attention was on Sangmi and Jaehyun. It was dead silent now. Just some whispers were heard.
“Doesn’t the boy look a lot like Chansung-oppa?”
“Who is she?”
“What’s going on?” 
Anxiety and worry dominated Sangmi and she bit her lip. Jaehyun jumped down from her arms and ran to Minjun, who took the boy in his arms and totally ignored his confused fans. Next were Taecyeon and Junho, who also greeted their nephew. “Jaehyunnie~!” Junho beamed and they high-fived. “Where’s appa?” he asked and looked around. Right at that moment Chansung came out of the security area, followed by Nichkhun and Wooyoung.
“Appa!!” The boy wriggled until Minjun let him down so he could run to his dad, who gladly took him in his arms and cuddled his son. “I missed you, my big boy~”, he cooed and gave a kiss to Jaehyun’s temple. “Stay with your uncles for a short time, will you? I need to talk to your mom”, Chansung said and gave his son into Nichkhun’s arms after Jaehyun nodded.

Sangmi was still standing there frozen, watching the whole scene irritated. Chansung got closer and she felt easier with every step he took towards her. Just his presence let her feel safe. And as soon he reached her, he pulled her into his arms - and kissed her.
Chansung pressed his lips softly on Sangmi’s and both melted directly into the kiss. Butterflies in the stomach, a shiver running down the spine, a fast and intense beating heart, the head spinning. Both were totally lost in all the feelings they felt. It just felt so right. The feelings were so intense, even more than back then when they were just teenagers.
After some moments of kissing which felt like eternity Chansung let go of Sangmi’s lips. Then he whispered into her ear, so only she could hear him.
“I’m sorry Sangmi. Being in Japan far away from you made me realize that I can’t continue like that. I want to hold you, I want to be with you and I want to be a real family. I love Jaehyun so much and my heart is still beating like crazy for you. So I want everyone to know how much I love my son and my hopefully soon-to-be wife… I love you, Shim Sangmi. And even if it will be a hard time, I’m sure we’ll manage it together. The hyungs will also support us.”


Chansung was sitting on his bed in the hotel room he shared with Taecyeon. The six of them had been out with some of the staff members and packed their luggage afterwards so everything was ready to leave tomorrow morning.
“What’s that?” Taecyeon asked and looked over the younger’s shoulder. The latter was holding one of Jaehyun’s drawings, showing Chansung and Sangmi with Jaehyun in between them, holding both his parents hands. “Aww~ his drawings are so cute!” Taecyeon loved Jaehyun’s drawings as much as all the member did and some of the pictures even decorated the dorm now.
“Yes, they are… God, I miss him and Sangmi so much. I can’t wait to see them again tomorrow!” “Yeah, it’s very obvious how much you love them. Will they come to the airport?” Chansung looked at Taecyeon with big eyes. “No?! Are you crazy? The fans will find out!” he nearly shouted, but the older one just scoffed. “Oh please, Chansung! I’m surprised no one had found out until now. It’s been four months already. Are you planning to hide them forever just to protect them? If you don’t make a move now, you’ll maybe even lose them. Would you want a dad or a lover, who misses the first day of school or other important things like that? I know that going public will be very hard and we’ll definitely lose a lot of fans. But it’s time to think about yourself. Yes, you’re a member of 2PM and I know you love us and your job and your fans. But you’re also a human being with the right to form a family, or better said, to be there for your son and for Sangmi as much as every father or husband is. We all think like that by the way, even Manager-hyung!”
Once again Chansung was so thankful for all the support he got from the men he had called his family for so long. But Taecyeon was right, he had his own family now. And he loved them more with every day that passed, so he really had to do something. “I’m going to talk to Manager-hyung now. And I have to call Sangmi afterwards. Get the others here, we need to talk.”



The young mother’s eyes were teary. His words made her heart go haywire. She knew that he loved her. But hearing it and feeling it through his lips and embrace felt thousand times better than just the knowledge.
“’soon-to-be wife’”, she quoted, “Was this a proposal, Hwang Chansung? Do you even have a ring for me?” she teased and teared her eyes open as he nodded. “I have one, but I want to do it properly at home with just the two of us. The fans saw enough already for today, don’t they?” he chuckled and it was just now that Sangmi realized the crowd of young girls again. Her cheeks burned deep red, but Chansung just smiled.  “Let’s deal with the official stuff later, now I just want to go home and spend time with my family.”
And so they left together, fingers entwined, with the other member following them. Jaehyun was sitting on top of a luggage cart and was pushed to the exits, very happy that he had his big family surrounding him.    

*
Chansung was clever enough to shut down his phone as soon as they left the airport. The member had dropped the little family at Sangmi’s apartment. “Uncle Minwooooo~”, Jaehyun howled as he entered. “Eomma and Appa finally kissed!” he screamed and ran into his uncle’s room. The parents just laughed when they heard a sleepy and whining “It’s 8.40 am on a Sunday, Hyunnie!”
They went to the door and grinned. There was Jaehyun excitedly jumping on his uncle’s bed, where Jihoon and Minwoo were lying in an embrace, visibly not amused by their human alarm clock. But the little boy was not bothered by his grumpy uncles. “Have you heard? Eomma and Appa kissed!” Now the sleepy couple was able to grab the situation and both grinned. “Was about time! I was truly considering to lock you two up in the closet. !” Minwoo grinned. He felt so relieved to finally see Chansung and Sangmi as a couple. They took long enough to get to this stage again. “Why would they be ?” The kid looked at his uncle with a puzzled face. “Uhm… well…. that’s stuff for adults, Jaehyunnie. Don’t think about it.” he mumbled and made everyone laugh.

Later that day when Jaehyun was taking a nap and Minwoo and Jihoon had gone out, Sangmi and Chansung were on the couch in the living room. They were lying sideways, facing each other. “I missed this so much... lying in your arms, listening to your heartbeat, breathing your scent, feeling you.” Sangmi’s words were a mere whisper but Chansung heard every word loud and clear. “Same here. And from now on it want it just that way.” he replied and took something from the pocket of his pants. “Sangmi, I’m sure we’d be long married, if we hadn’t been separated back then. Will you marry me now? Not only because of our son, but because we still love each other? It may be sudden since we got together again just today, but it feels like we never really separated.” he asked and held a ring in his hand. Sangmi smiled brightly at him and nodded. “Of course I will. I love you, Channie. Always have, always will. There is nothing I want more than to be a real family with you and Jaehyunnie!” Her answer let a happy smile appear on Chansung’s face and with a beating heart he put the ring, which fitted just perfectly, on her finger.


Chansung was helping his mom in the kitchen, while Sangmi and his dad played with Jaehyun. “You still love her, don’t you?” the woman asked her son, who sighed. “If I’d tell you >I don’t< then I’d be lying. I love her as much as before, probably even more now. She’s mine and I won’t let her leave again.” he declared with a smile. His mom seemed more than happy about his words. “I knew it all the time that you couldn’t forget her. And I’m so incredibly happy to see you together again. You’re made for each other.” Then she handed Chansung a small velvet box. “Take this with you. I’m so proud that I can finally give it to you.” The musician looked confused as ever and opened the box. “But Eomma, that’s your engagement ring!” “Yes but no. This ring is in the Hwang family for over 200 years now. So next it will be Sangmi’s engagement ring. And when Jaehyunnie is old enough and wants to marry, the ring will go it’s way.” She explained with a smile. Chansung nodded and looked at the beautiful heirloom. It was white gold with three small sparkling diamonds in the middle. Maybe not the typical thin engagement ring with one diamond in the middle, but definitely with its own charm and beauty.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~


I'm sorry the update took so long ><
But I'm preparing for my holidays... 30 hours in Osaka for one of the Galaxy of 2PM concerts *____* And afterwards we're going to Seoul for 2 weeks!
I'm so excited~
I'll try to update one more chapter before I take off to Osaka, so expect a new update within the next 10 days :D