A meet and a reunion

Like father like son

It was nearly 2 in the morning when Chansung returned to the dorm. He and Sangmi had talked for hours. He told her his point of view and how he found out about Jaehyun. At some point Jaehyun came back with Minwoo and Jihoon. Jaehyun was directly glued to Chansung and just left his lap once, only to get some pictures from his room he had drawn. It was like family portraits. All of them included Jaehyun, Sangmi and Minwoo, some of them also Jihoon and Sangmi’s step uncle. The musician was very touched by the drawings since all of them also showed Chansung, always standing beside Sangmi but with a little distance. The names were scribbled above the heads or under the feet and he couldn’t stop smiling whenever he read ‘Chansung-appa’.
When it was time for Jaehyun to sleep, of course Chansung had to bring him to bed and to read a good night story. Everything was so unreal to Chansung, but it was an awesome new experience that made his heart flutter with joy. The adults continued their conversation after Jaehyun was finally sleeping.

Now Chansung silently opened the door to 2PM’s dorm and stepped inside. But soon five heads appeared in the doorframe, looking expectantly at him. “You didn’t stay up just for me, did you? We have to wake up at 6!” Chansung said but the others just smiled. “I called Manager-hyung, our first schedule is canceled. He was not amused, but I told him it’s something very important. And since we never asked to cancel a schedule before, he understood that there really is something important.” Minjun explained. “You’re late, Channie. I guess you met Sangmi and your son?” Junho asked and smiled his eye smile as soon as the maknae nodded.
A few moments later everyone was seated in the living room and Chansung shortly told what happened after he left the others in the restaurant.
“And now? What do you want to do? You know it will be everything but easy, don’t you?” Nichkhun asked and Chansung sighed. “I know. But I want it to work. For Sangmi, for Jaehyunnie and for myself. You know that I still love her. And seeing her today and how she behaved towards me gave me hope that maybe we can be a more or less normal family someday. It will take time, but I will give it all the time needed. Of course I won’t neglect you guys or our work! I’ll work as hard as before! But I’ll also spend as much time as possible with Jaehyunnie and Sangmi. But first of all I’ll talk to Manager-hyung later.”
“Whatever will happen, we’re here for you, Chansung. You have our support. But only with one condition!” Taecyeon said and Chansung gulped, looking at his five hyungs questioningly. “You have to introduce Sangmi and your son to us as soon as possible! We also want to know our nephew!” he grinned and Chansung let out the air he was holding. “Of course! Thank you, guys. Thank you.” The youngest smiled and was soon buried in a loving group hug. They were their own family after all.

*****

“Appa!” Jaehyun squeaked as soon as he saw Chansung, who had just opened the door. The small boy crashed into Chansung’s legs and hugged him tightly. The man just smiled and ruffled his son’s hair and welcomed Sangmi with a small hug. She smiled at him shyly and closed the door behind her. “I’m sorry! I’m sure you had a tiring schedule, but he was totally hyped up the whole day with the prospect to see you again.” Sangmi excused, but Chansung just laughed and took Jaehyun in his arms, cuddling with his son. “It’s fine, don’t worry. It was mostly vocal practice and some discussions about the upcoming album.” he said as they walked to the living room, where Junho, Nichkhun and Wooyoung were sitting on the couch.
“Guys? I’d like to introduce Sangmi and Jaehyun!” Still having Jaehyun in his arms, he smiled at , who made an unisono “Awwww~!” as they saw the three of them together. There was no way to deny that Jaehyun was the child of Chansung and Sangmi. They looked like a perfect little family. The parents both blushed but stayed quiet, before they introduced Jaehyun to his new uncles. Minjun and Taecyeon came a bit later, they still had personal schedules. Obviously the boy was more than happy to have even more uncles now who cared for him. Chansung and Sangmi just sat there and watched with big amusement how the member fought for Jaehyun’s attention and some time later the boy had five new plush dolls. “Eomma, Appa, look! Finally my Channana has his friends! Piyoung! And Emperor Penpen! And Pan.K! And Koala-Khun! And OkCat!” Chansung grinned. He remembered the big Channana plush in Jaehyun’s room. Could his son be even more adorable? Probably not.

*****
“Tomorrow? Well…” Chansung was in a twisted situation once again. He finally had a free weekend and he already planned a visit to the zoo with Sangmi and Jaehyun tomorrow. But now his mother called and asked for a visit since they haven’t met in a long time. Sangmi, who sat on the couch with some brochures of schools, whispered “We can visit them. It’s their grandson after all!” and Chansung nodded.
“Okay, I’ll come, but I’ll bring someone with me. …... Something like that. You’ll see for yourself. …… I love you too, Eomma. See you tomorrow!” He put down his phone with a sigh. “She asked if the >someone< I’d bring is my new girlfriend. I’m sure she’ll get a heart attack when she finds out she has a five year-old grandson.” “It’ll be okay. Of course they’d be surprised, but I’m sure your parents will understand.” “I hope so…”

So the next day the three of them sat in Chansung’s car and drove to his parent’s house. Already when Chansung steered the car to the driveway the front door opened and his parents came out. Chansung and Sangmi both took a deep breath before they left the car.
Sangmi was really nervous. And while Chansung unlocked Jaehyun’s seatbelt in the back, Sangmi slowly made her way to the two people she once called her parents. Chansung’s dad was the first to recognize her. “Sangmi… is that you?” he asked surprised and the middle aged woman looked at her husband and then at the guest again. “Oh my god. It’s you!” she sobbed and tripped in her direction, only to put her arms around her and take her into a tight embrace. “I can’t believe it. You don’t know how happy I am to see you again, my dear!” Sangmi was overwhelmed by the warm welcome and both women shared tears. But again it was her husband who noticed something, after he hugged his son. “Is this what I think it is?” he asked and stared down at Jaehyun, who was hiding behind his father’s legs, his small hands grabbing Chansung’s pants.
“Yes… but let’s get inside first.” Following Chansung’s suggestion the five of them went inside and sat down at the dining table.

“Where have you been all these years, Sangmi?” With wet eyes Chansung’s mum looked at the young woman and then turned to Chansung. “And why had my own son never told me that I have a grandson? And does it mean that you’re a couple again?” Chansung understood his mother’s confusion perfectly. “Sadly it’s much more complicated. Sangmi was really gone. We just met 7 weeks ago and I also didn’t knew about Jaehyunnie before”, he started and looked at his son, who was playing with his cat Jeonggam.
Eventually Chansung started to tell the story about how and why Sangmi disappeared and how they met a few weeks ago. “And to answer your last question: it’s been too much time without each other, so no, we’re not a couple. At least not yet…” Chansung said and send a loving gaze to Sangmi, who returned the same gaze. It had been nearly 2 month since they met again. And as Chansung had told his hyungs, the old spark was really there. Both of them felt the connection, yet nothing has happened between them.       
As expected Chansung’s parents were as shocked about Sangmi’s story as Chansung had been. “I’m so sorry for you, dear. But I’m sure everything will be fine now. I can see your love for each other and for your son.” The young parents blushed but smiled. “Thank you, Abeoji. And I’ll take good care of your grandson!” Sangmi promised. “Even without your promise we know you would do it. He’s such an adorable child.” the man smiled. “Yes, and a very active and talkative kid! It’s hard to get him to bed in the evenings.” Chansung laughed. It’s not like he met them every day, but if the practice ends right on time for Jaehyun to go to bed, Chansung would made a little stop at Sangmi’s apartment to read a good night story. Sometimes even two stories or three…

The rest of the day was very lovely and great for all of them. Jaehyun got close to his grandparents and they laughed a lot. So they had a hard time separating in the evening. “Bye, Haraboji and Halmeoni!” Jaehyun waved his hand, although he was already sitting in the car.
Chansung’s mom hugged Sangmi and kissed her cheek. “It was great to see you again, Sangmi. I hope the three of you will come more often for a visit!” “Of course we will, Eomeoni.” Sangmi replied and then turned to Chansung’s father. “Take care Abeoji and see you soon!” She got another hug, before she sat down on the passenger seat and closed the door. With lots of butterflies in his stomach Chansung also said goodbye to his parents. The sound of Sangmi calling his parents Eomeoni and Abeoji just felt right. As if they were a real family.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Some family fluff! :D
Now Jaehyunnie knows his crazy uncles and his grandparents.

This story reached 10k words btw... e.e
So there are at least 2 chapters to follow.


I'm happy about every comment, subscribe and upvote ;D 

See you soon~ <3