The Madness Ensues

Blue and Red

NOTE: MAROON is for BaekhyunBLUE is for KyungsooPURPLE is for Chanyeol
 

Clicks and flashes resonated through the room as soon as the suit-clad men entered the hall, the first few serving as security to the actual star of the day's press conference.

Raven hair slicked back with gel and fit body dressed with expensive designer items, the current Prime Minister of South Korea entered the hall in long and confident strides, wearing his usual charismatic smile. He poses for some photos before going up the small stage set-up for the event.

"Everyone, please be seated as we are about to begin, thank you." The reporters and the politicians sat down in their respective seats as the PDs roamed to make final adjustments. Chanyeol was seated in the middle of the long table, his eyes focused on the group of journalists who will be broadcasting the news he will announce tonight.

"Ladies and Gentlemen, distinguished guests, welcome to this evening's press conference hosted by the Exalter's Organization of South Korea. We would like to honor the presence of our EXO Ministers and Chairpersons, most especially Prime Minister Park Chanyeol." The spokesperson of EXO, Kim Junmyeon, spoke

Chanyeol stood up to wave to the audience and bow, garnering loud applause from the crowd.

"You are all probably wondering as to why we've invited the 21 most prominent journalists all over South Korea in this.. exclusive event.." Junmyeon pauses, taking in the aura of anticipation of the reporters.

"For this, may I request Prime Minister Park to take the stage, as he is intentionally supposed to." The spokesperson handed the mic to Chanyeol, who accepted it with a bow and a curt smile to the audience.

The Prime Minister stood to face the awaiting crowd, clearing his throat.

"Good evening ladies and gentleman, disinguished reporters, and my fellow politicians. We have gathered you tonight as I am about to announce something of utmost anticipation." The crowd silences, almost as if the rapid heartbeats of each one could be heard.

"For years you've kept track of my political career. From my start as a representative of Seoul, to the point of being chosen as current President Kim Minseok's Prime Minister. I have been in service for almost a decade of my life, and no I'm not talking about resignment. In fact, I'm taking another milestone, another step to further launch the advocacies of EXO, a giant leap in my career.."

"..I, Park Chanyeol officially announce my candidacy for President of The Republic of South Korea."

 

 

"Young Master! Young Master!"

Baekhyun looked up from his World Economics book and found his butler panting, gripping the edge of his pristine oak table for support.

"You know better than to disturb my reading time Jongdae." The young senator bored holes through his butler's head, though the latter seemed unfazed.

"N-news...*pant*... pres-president...*pant*." Baekhyun raised his brow, clearly annoyed.

"Speak Korean you little !" He raised his voice.

"Ch-chanyeol..P-Park—" A loud slam of the table cut him off, the brunette rose from his leather chair dramatically with a death glare to top it off.

 

"..I, Park Chanyeol officially announce my candidacy for President of The Republic of South Korea."

 

Baekhyun glared intensely at the (handsome) brat smiling almost deviously (in his eyes, of course) in the TV Screen. His eyes flared with anger, hatred and disgust.

"ARGH!! PARK CHANYEOL YOU SELFISH, CONCEITED, OVER-CONFIDENT, UGLY BASTARD!!!" Baekhyun screamed, throwing the champagne glass straight towards his 84' television, shattering its LED screen.

The servants were momentarily shocked, but remained unfazed soon after. It wasn't a surprise to hear either furniture being thrown or documents being ripped in the Young Byun's mansion, especially if it was his mortal enemy Park Chanyeol involved.

Baekhyun heaved, trying catched his breath and calm down but really, he's already planning on how to take the EXO frontrunner to his demise.

"KYUNGSOO!"

At the sound of his name, the redhead waltzed into the grand living room, an amused grin etched on his face.

"That's like the 7th television you broke. It pays to repent sometimes, if you wouldn't mind spending another $2.5 million." He snickered.

Ignoring the rude remark, Baekhyun decanted another shot of champagne in a new glass (his servants place extras since he always breaks them out of frustration or anger) quaffing its contents.

"Does UPA's offer still stand?" He asks with venom in his voice.

Kyungsoo raised a brow at his question.

"So you're really doing it? Are you delusional?! Baekhyun, I've told you already, you don't have to do thi-"

"Does. The. Offer. Still. Stand. ANSWER ME!" The brunette cut him off. Kyungsoo sighs in defeat, knowing that what Baekhyun wants, Baekhyun gets.

"I'll call Chairman Lee tonight." And with a quick glance at his bestfriend's back, Kyungsoo leaves the room feeling no less than devastated.

Baekhyun let out a dry, bitter laugh. 'This is where it ends, Park Chanyeol'