Light

Blue and Red

NOTE: PURPLE for Chanyeol, DARK GREEN for Jongin, MAROON for Baekhyun, RED for Flashbacks

 

The sweet smell of flowers engulfed Chanyeol's being. Lifting a teacup to his mouth, he enjoys the beautiful scenery of his mother's flower garden. Wisterias, Sweet Peas, Sunflowers, Jasmines, Gardenias, Four O'Clocks, Orchids, Roses and even Cherry Blossoms. Name it, they have it. It was like a ritual, every morning he would make his way in this so-called 'Secret Garden', spend time alone (or sometimes, with Jongin), and just simply relax his mind and reflect on his thoughts. Here, Prime Minister Park Chanyeol was but only the young Park Chanyeol. It's a place where he can be himself, away from the watchful eyes of the paparazzi and the scrunitizing gazes of older politicians.

Lost in his thoughts, the raven-haired male fell from his seat as a snap of a finger brought him back to reality. Wincing in pain, he glared at his best friend who was the cause of his fall- literally. He propped himself back up, dusting his Karl Lagerfeld denim jeans in annoyance.

"Yah! It's not funny." The 31-year old Prime Minister pouted. To his exasperation, Jongin only laughed harder, clutching his stomach.

"Stop acting like you're five then." The blonde teased, coming down from his laughter. Chanyeol huffed, sitting back down across the other male. Jongin cleared his throat, picking up his phone from the glass garden table just infront of him.

"As I was saying, which you apparently didn't hear because you were daydreaming.." He paused, chuckling at the glare Chanyeol sent him.

"..you have to see this." The blonde-haired male said with a smirk, handing his bestfriend his iPhone 6s.

Chanyeol raised a suspicious brow at Jongin but accepted the phone nonetheless. He unlocked the screen typing 1214 (he knows Jongin's password) and came across a video clip.

"Jongin I swear to God, if this is another of your collections I-"

"Would you just look at it?" Jongin cut him off, irritated. Chanyeol stuck out his tongue, marveling in his revenge before eventually clicking the play button.

"Good Evening, South Korea. This is Jung Soojung reporting live from the Golden Hyatt Hotel at Gangnam District, Seoul where the UPA or the United People's Alliance Party-list are hosting an exclusive press conference. Here is our report."

The screen flashed, showing a grandiose conference hall with a stage set-up in between. The camera focused at a brown-haired male with bangs trimmed just above his eyebrows, his kohl-rimmed eyes staring intensely at the camera and Chanyeol has an inkling-slash that-he knows that the message his arch enemy is about to spread is directed towards him.

"I express my desire to run for the country's highest position. I believe you all agree that I'm the most suited candidate for the position. Eitherway, if you disagree, it is none of my concern. However, I'd like to send a message to my competitor out there. I won't back down, nor will I let you win this fight. You better prepare, because you are about to meet your downfall."

And black was all he could see as the video reached its end. Chanyeol put down the iPhone, bursting into fits of giggles that turned into an explosion of laughter that went on for a good five minutes before he eventually came down from his high.

"Why are you looking at me like I just grew horns?" The raven-haired male asked, amused at the way the blonde was looking at him weirdly.

"That's...not exactly how I expected you to react." Jongin crossed his legs, leaning back on the chair. Chanyeol chuckled, taking another sip of his Oolong tea. He looked at the beautiful but rare black rose at the center of the garden.

"A bunny has just entered a lion's fight." He whispered quietly but loud enough for the other male to hear.

"He's just as competitive as always. I thought he would've surrendered after he lost Prime Minister to you." Jongin remarked.

"It runs in the blood."

 

 

"Bich?"

The young Park walked around the huge mansion. It's been almost 30 minutes and he still hasn't found his bestfriend. They shouldn't have played hide and seek knowing that this was a 6.5 hectare compound. He'd checked the pool, the treehouse, the garden and all over the house yet to no avail.

Just as he was about to give up, he heard voices behind a huge pine tree. The 5-year old grinned.

'Gotcha.' He exclaimed in his mind, moving to hide against the tree.

"I told you, you little brat! I will not tolerate 2nd place! Is it that hard to beat that disgusting yoda boy? Huh?!" A tall woman pulled the young toddler's ear and the latter started wailing, trying to escape from her grasp.

"B-but he's my friend! I-I dun wanna c-compete with him" His bestfriend sobbed.

The raven-haired toddler felt terrible and took off in a dash, not even bothering to say goodbye.

 

 

"Hellooo..Earth to Park Chanyeooooll...YAH! do you want me to push you off your seat?"

Chanyeol jerked back to reality, sighing as he ran his fingers through his hair.

"I guess its a trend to space out while you're talking to someone nowadays." Jongin huffed sarcastically.

"S-sorry, something just came off my mind. Anyway, we have to go. I have a meeting with the President in an hour."

 

The garden was once again left alone, but the black rose's glimmer never faltered.