Chapter One

That Stupid Dare
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Chapter One 

Third Person POV 

Spring of 2016

"Min Joon..you..you really think that she'll come back..alive?" Sohyun, who was named Lee Ji Young in the drama, cried out at the tall, handsome man who was the male lead. Taeyong didn't bother remembering the lead's name, except her. "Are you crazy!?" She yelled again, tears dripping very naturally down her panic-striken face.

The scene was heart-wrenching, however, Taeyong sat there on the couch, at the exact same spot he had sat since the past 3 weeks. He bit his lip and he played with his index finger, staring intensely at the screen, his black eyes flickering with a twinkle. He didn't feel anything except curiousity. 

"Wah, hyung, you must really like that drama!" Ji Sung exclaimed as he sat next to Taeyong on the couch. "You wait every week for the new episodes!" Taeyong didn't know whether he was waiting for the drama to watch it (as he couldn't deny that eventhough it had a crappy title, the storyline was pretty good) or to watch her every week. He decided to be honest with himself.

He wanted to watch her every week.

Taeyong realized that Ji Sung was still staring at him, waiting for a response. "Yeah, maknae, the drama keeps me on the edge of my seat every week." He smiled, ruffling Ji Sung's hair as said person shrugged, "According to me, it's not that good. But the ratings are something..." He switched to a site, which showed the ratings of the most recent episode.

It was 37.6 % for the day before's episode.

Taeyong felt like his eyes were playing tricks on him,"What?! 37.6?!" He shouted in disbelief, and Ji Sung nodded. 

Taeyong felt something churn in his stomach as he looked back at the TV screen, which showed Lee Jiyoung now weeping at the dead body of another character whom Taeyong again hadn't bothered remembering the name of. "B-But...it's a sad drama.." Taeyong blurted out.

"The acting is what matters the most, hyung." Ji Sung spoke wisely, making Taeyong look at the wooden flooring, his eyebrows furrowed, thinking deeply. He didn't expect her to be such an amazing actress in her first main role drama. He remembered something: 

 

"Hey, Sohyun-ah, why don't you try acting once? You shouldn't be so honest all the time." Taeyong asked his 'girlfriend'. She was seriously studying for the upcoming mid-term exams. Her eyes were staring intensely at the book, trying to figure out the trignometry question's answer, her glasses slightly off her nose. Taeyong chuckled, pushing up her glasses,"Yah!" making her look up at him questioningly. 

"Yah, why are you ignoring your boyfriend? I asked you a question, right?" Taeyong smiled, squeezing her cheek slightly, but it hurt her anyway,"Ah, that hurts, Taeyong!" She moaned, and he chuckled at her face evilly.

"Say 'Sorry, Lee Taeyong, you're the best!', then I'll consider letting go of you." She glared at him playfully, while he grinned widely at her. She uttered the exact words, and Taeyong was proud, patting her head.

"So, the answer to my question?" 

"Acting, hm.." She smiled at Taeyong,"I don't like lying, you see, like someone I know." Taeyong stuck his tongue out at her. She laughed slightly, and continued on,"If you're talking about the drama kind of acting, then I'd never go into that industry." She scrunched up her nose at the thought. 

"Why?" Taeyong inquired, and she looked at him,"Simply. I just don't want to."

Her eyes told a different story. 

 

Taeyong had been so curious that he had watched all her dramas and movies in a week. She had debuted one year ago, but was getting recognition presently. There was one question on his mind; she had told she didn't want to go into the acting industry at all. 

But then, why did she become an actress?! 

Taeyong couldn't figure it out. And it made him want to meet her all the more.

"Hyung! Time to leave for the programme!" Jaehyun called for him. He nodded, switching off the TV. Ji Sung smiled at him, waving,"Fighting, hyung." Taeyong nodded, grinning at him.

Taeyong had the feeling that something good was going to happen today.

 

 

"....And, that's a wrap!" The director commanded. All the cameras stopped rolling, the lights went off, and Sohyun heard the sound of her manager's steps approaching her. She smiled as she turned to face her manager. "Saeun Unnie, thank you."

She took the bubble tea which her manager held in her hand. "Don't worry about it, I'm your manager after all." Sohyun grinned again, taking the jacket which her stylist had offered to her. She was just about to head to the dressing room trailer when the director stopped her, patting her on the back. 

"As always, Sohyun-sshi, your acting amazed everyone! How do you do that?" He laughed heartily when Sohyun shrugged innocently, embarrassed, "It wasn't amazing, director-nim. Stop with the praising~!" She blushed. 

"It was, wasn't it, everyone?" The Director shouted to the crew, who shouted words of approval. Sohyun blushed even more, bowing repeatedly at the crew, "Thank you! Thank you!" They all smiled at her humbleness. 

"Well, we'll see you tomorrow again, then? All bright and healthy!" Director smiled, making Sohyun nod in respect. "Yes, of course! Tomorrow also I'll work hard and give it my all!" She grinned and did the 'fighting' gesture cutely. He cracked up again, and her manager quickly bowed to him, saying they were in a hurry. She pulled Sohyun away.

"Sohyun-ah. I would love to have you chat around with the director all day, but your schedule is packed. You have an interview at JiJi talk show in half an hour now, a fan sign event after, and a radio show after that." She sounded very stressed.

"I'll do them all without any worries, unnie! Just ensure my food supply, haha!" Sohyun joked, making her manager sigh, shaking her head.

"Let's just get ready for them, alright?!" 

"Yes, understood!" 

After getting ready for her appearance at talk show, her manager and stylist accompanied her to the station. On reaching there, Sohyun spotted a long line of fans wanting to enter the studio. "Unnie, why are they standing there like that? Is there a huge star coming to the studio today?" Sohyun asked curiously, Her manager looked at the crowd, and laughed.

"Today, a very popular rookie group is performing at

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter