Chapter Two

That Stupid Dare
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Chapter Two

Third Person POV

Spring of 2016

"Get lost?" Taeyong repeated, staring at Sohyun in disbelief. She pursed her lips at him and nodded, opening her can of coffee and downing the drink quickly, throwing it in a dustbin, then turned to face him again. He looked like he didn't believe what she told him, and he blinked blankly at her. Sohyun rolled her eyes and stared at her nails, waiting for him to tell something before she fled from here.

How the hell did he find her here? She had heard he was a trainee at SM Ent. but why would he show up here? At the studio? Was he stalking her? But..why? She observed him; he hadn't changed much, except his hair was a light purple, almost white. He was wearing a headband and was dressed in a black shirt and black pants. She wouldn't know. His face had become more matured and handsome, she had to admit. 

Sohyun waited for him to speak, but when he didn't respond, she pushed past him, walking away a few steps until a hand grabbed her wrist, pulling her around. She involuntarily felt a familiar shiver run up her spine. It reminded her of four years ago, when he was her boyfriend, and she felt that fuzziness return back to her. No! Don't! Not again!! 

"Do you really mean that?" He asked in a low voice. She was vulnerable for a moment, but then she hardened her face, trying to pull her hand away from him. His grip tightened as he waited for an answer.

"Why would I tell it if I didn't mean it?" She rolled her eyes, finally pulling it away successfully as his grip had loosened. "Now, excuse me, I must be on my way as I have a fan sign meeting," She smiled curtly at him and tried marching away, but he caught her arm again. She didn't turn around to face him this time, instead she could feel her tolerance getting the best of her. 

"Taeyong-sshi," She said impatiently, while Taeyong was taken aback. Sshi?! "It's best you let go of me. I have a fan meeting and you wouldn't want me screaming for security, would you?" She whipped her head at him, and he was staring at her with his mouth open. They stared at each other for a while, well, in her case, more glaring.

Soon, they both heard a sound, "PD-nim, we should add this in the script.." The voice was approaching closer, and Taeyong snapped to his senses. He couldn't be seen with an actress, it would cause a scandal! 

Sohyun heard it as well, but was startled when Taeyong dragged her with him to an empty room right next to the vending machine. What was he doing?! 

"Yah-" Sohyun started as Taeyong shut the door behind them. The room was dark, and it was evening. The only light entering was through a glass part in the door. Taeyong looked through the glass and spotted the PD-nim and the assistant PD heading to the vending machine. He cursed as he pulled her away from the door and to the wall adjacent to it, so even if they opened the door, they wouldn't spot him and Sohyun. 

"Yah, Lee Taeyong-" Sohyun raised her voice a bit and Taeyong put his palm over , looking through the glass part again. They seemed to be talking there. He became aware of her head near his chest. She was still shorter than him. He didn't want to admit it, but...he didn't want to move away from her. 

Sohyun, however, was in another state.

She was aware of her back pressing against the cold wall, and was covered by his palm. His soft palm. She felt goosebumps on her arms and willed herself to calm down. Not those feelings again, no, they won't be returning back. 

However, she couldn't help it, and she took a quick look upwards at his face. His sharp jawline, and his doe-like eyes which were staring intently outside. She could feel his steady heartbeat, and scolded herself on the inside as her heart rate sped up. He smelled really good to her. She held herself back from putting her head on his chest. Stop! Stop! No!!

Once Taeyong had made sure they were out of view, he looked down at her. His eyes met hers. She stared up at him in some emotion he couldn't decipher. His hand felt hot from touching her lips. She was breathing hard, her breath grazing his palm, making him want to pull her closer. He never knew what she was feeling, even when they were dating. He let go of and moved back, creating some space between them. She was uncomfortable, he had noticed it. 

She stared at him, and then that stare slowly turned into a glare. "Excuse me," She muttered and turned around to open the door, but he stopped her, again. "It's been such a long time, Sohyun-ah," He murmured hesitantly, "When did you become an actress?" She turned to look at him. He observed her. Her light brown hair glowed from the artificial light coming into the room, and her chocolate brown eyes stared at him in anger. 

He knew she was angry; she had every reason to be angry with him. He had dumped her in the rain. It would leave a scar on anyone's heart. In this case, it ended up leaving a huge scar on the one who dumped the other person. Moreover, the reason he started dating her was because of a dare. That would leave an even bigger scar. 

"Why would you want it?!" She questioned angrily, and huffed,"It's none of your business, Lee Taeyong." 

"We were friends, I would obviously want to know about your life," She glared at his excuse to know about her. She couldn't believe he said that. Friends?! He really thought they were friends?! 

"Taeyong-ah, it seems you don't understand something," She poked his chest with her finger, making him look down at it and back at her, "I never, ever was your friend." 

"By the way, I love your drama, that ' The Bitter Taste of Love'! Your acting is really good. I'm your fan!" He exclaimed, trying to divert the topic from that matter. He knew he would have to speak about it eventually, but he didn't have any intention of bringing it up so soon. He just wanted to greet her like an old friend would. 

Sohyun frowned, but she couldn't say anything against her fan. She loved all her fans, they had really supported her and their support had made her such a popular actress. She could never hate her fans.

She decided to be polite with Taeyong, for the sake of her stardom, and asked,"Y-You are?" She cursed herself for stammering. Taeyong nodded happily, glad to take her mind off the previous topic. He spoke, "I really like the way you don't back down in the drama, you show how strong you can be and.." His voice trailed off. He couldn't think of anything else. All he wanted to do was apologize to her.

She nodded, and then waved at him,"Anyway, thanks for being my fan. I need to go," She just blankly looked at him and turned around to leave, but Taeyong stopped her, again.

"What is it, Taeyong?" She asked through her teeth. He was really starting to get on her nerves. 

"I-I.." He murmured, and Sohyun sighed, "Look, Taeyong, I really don't have the time for you-" 

"I've debuted now!" He said, and she raised her eyebrows. Seriously..that's what he wanted to tell her? She had to admit, she was expecting an apology of some sorts..not that she would forgive him, but, an apology would have been good. 

"Oh really?" She decided to ask him. 

"Yes. I'm in NCT-U, of SM Enterntainment. Do you know?" Taeyong grinned. She furrowed her eyebrows, recalling the poster she had seen on the way in. There were four guys..and Taeyong wasn't one of them. She then realized that a fan was covering another member. She slowly nodded, "Good for you." He nodded back. What would he talk about to her now? 

"Okay, I really need to leave," She said, and again turned around to open the door, but Taeyong laid a palm on her shoulder. She felt sparks run down her spine at his touch and slapped his hand away, making him look at her in surprise, "What do you think you're doing?" She almost shouted at him, before controlling herself. 

"I-I..

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter