one

Oblivious
Please log in to read the full chapter

Soonyoung heaved a sigh as he dropped onto the couch besides Wonwoo, then heaved another sigh when he failed to look up from his book. He sighed a third time and watched as Wonwoo glanced from the text to Soonyoung’s face, raising a single eyebrow. “What's up with you?”

Soonyoung groaned and rubbed his face. “I've been liking this person for months but I have no idea how to...” He made wide but vague gestures with his hands then looked at Wonwoo as if his gestures explained everything.

And they apparently did their job perfectly, because Wonwoo even put his book down on the coffee table (after placing his bookmark, of course) to focus on Soonyoung completely. “So, you like someone but you don't know how to tell them?”

He nodded. “What do I do? Do I play hard to get and wait for them to approach me first? Or do I like, just shout at them from across the cafeteria then run away,” Soonyoung sat up and placed his elbows on his knees, then his head in his palms. “They're really oblivious though, would they even notice that I confessed to them across a cafeteria?”

Wonwoo laughed. “See, this is why you read books. They teach you life experience for stuff like this.”

“Sure, fictional experience.” Soonyoung snorted.

“Don't laugh! Studies show that people who read create better relationships than those who don't.”

“And how does that work?” Soonyoung sat up as Wonwoo began to explain.

“So first you need to—oh you're already sitting up, that's great—okay, so let’s say that I’m your crush.” At this Soonyoung scoffed, which Wonwoo dutifully ignored. “And we’re hanging out right here on the couch.” Wonwoo shifted from his position to lie on the couch with his head on Soonyoung’s thigh. “So, what’re you gonna do?” He asked, peering up at him.

Soonyoung took a moment

Please log in to read the full chapter