Chapter 8

Start Again

This chapter was half edited so I apologize for any mistakes.  Enjoy :)

 

Author’s POV

 

Everyone left the taping and made it back to the dorm.  Hyejin thought it would be fun for them to spend the night, so she let the guys get some things before coming to the dorm.

We’re back!” Scynthia yells, not knowing who’s here.

Lauren soon walks out her room with a tape measure around her neck and needles stuck in the bottom of her shirt.

How was the taping?” she asks.

It was fun! We got to meet all these groups and see them perform. It was pretty cool,” Hyun says.

Lauren then notices the goofy smiles on Scynthia and Hoseok’s faces and their interlocked hands.

She then looks towards everyone else.

Do I want to know what happened between those two or no?” Lauren asks.

They’ve been like that the whole ride here. They’re even more gushy and lovey dovey than usual,” Jungkook says as he makes a face at the happy couple.

Lauren raises an eyebrow at them before she shakes her head.  “Don’t want to know then,” she says before laughing.

Lauren then notices that the guys have their bags with them.  “Sleepover?

“Yeah. It’s bonding night guys!” V jokingly says.

They all start planning what they want to do tonight, since they’ll all be together.

Jimin, who’s been pretty quiet, speaks up.  “Is Ann still out with Lay?

“It is pretty late. I thought he had the decency to listen to us when we said not to bring her back late,” Jeong says.

I’ll call her to see what she’s doing,” Scynthia says as she gets her phone out.

 

 

Ann’s POV

 

and you’re going to give it to me . . .

I swallow hard before speaking, “W-what?”  Does he mean what I think he does?  How is this happening?  He’s supposed to be the cool gentle guy from EXO.

He leans over the table and brings a hand towards my face but I move away.  He then smirks and sits back into his seat.

Feisty aren’t we?” he says before chuckling.  “Look, we’ll just go to a hotel room, you do what I say, and then I’ll bring you home,” he says as he slides his hand back on my leg, bringing it further up than last time.

I push his hand off again and stand up from my chair.  “You are a sick and disgusting person and should be ashamed of yourself. And the fact you actually thought I was going to agree with this, makes you even more of a ,” I say before splashing my glass of water at him.  “Don’t ever show your face to me again.”  After that I storm out of that restaurant, not looking back. 

 

I exit the restaurant only to see a group of paparazzi waiting not too far from the doors.  Great.  This evening just keeps getting better and better.  I quickly put my head down, hoping my hair would hide my face.  I start walking the opposite way. 

When I walk far enough from the paparazzi, I find a bench to sit on.  I sigh before running my hand through my hair.  What in the world just happened?  Did he really want to meet me just so he could have with me?  Do I really look like that type of girl?  The more I think about what just happened, the more pissed off I get.

I then feel my pants pocket vibrate.  I look at the caller ID to see that it’s Scynthia.  I sigh before answering.

“Hello,” I say, trying to hide the fact that I’m mad.

“Are you still out with Lay?” she asks.

“Can you ask Hyejin unnie if she can pick me up? I’m at this restaurant. I’ll text her the address,” I say, ignoring her question.

“Wait, what happened?” she asks.

“Can you just ask her or do you want me to call her myself?” I say, getting slightly irritated.

“No no. Just stay put and I’ll call her. Just make sure you text her the address.”

“Alright, thanks,” I say before hanging up.

 

Back at the Dorm

 

Scynthia’s POV

 

“Well then,” I say after Ann hung up on me.

What happened?” Jimin asks.

I don’t know. I asked her that and she just told me to call and ask Hyejin unnie to pick her up,” I say.

So something happened?” Jeong asks.

So she’s sitting there by herself stranded somewhere?” Jimin asks.

Is noona alright?” Jungkook asks.

Did something happen to Ann?” Lauren asks.

GUYS!” I shout and they all quiet down.

I don’t know what happened because she didn’t tell me. I’m assuming she’s alright. Now let me call Hyejin un-“ I say but get interrupted by my ringing phone.

“Hello unnie. . .yeah she texted it to you because she wants you to pick her up. . .no. . .she didn’t tell me what happened. . .I don’t know. . .yeah, we’re all here. . .okay. . .bye.”

Was that Hyejin?” Lauren asks.

I nod, “She’s on her way to pick Ann up. And she told us not to leave the dorm.

Everyone nods in agreement.

Jimin then starts walking towards the door.

Where are you going?” Namjoon asks.

Out.”

You heard noona, we can’t leave the dorm,” Yoongi says.

I’m just going downstairs to wait for them to come,” he says before slamming the door, which made us jump some.

Everyone just stood there in silence.

So, now that we know Ann is getting picked up. . . what’s for dinner?” Hyun asks.

Jeong slaps him upside the head.

Ouch! That hurt you know!”

“Yeah, that was kind of the point.

I can’t help but laugh.

Well, I guess we can make dinner while we wait for Ann. She might be hungry,” Jin says before going to the kitchen.

I’ll help, too!” Hyun says before catching up with Jin.

Well, I guess we can set up the living room,” V suggests.

Everyone nods and starts making makeshift beds on the floor with pillows and blankets.

 

Ann’s POV

 

I’ve been sitting here for about twenty minutes waiting for unnie to pick me up.  I look around to see that it’s getting darker.  I wouldn’t mind waiting but the fact that I have no idea where I am kinda freaks me out.  As I try to stop myself from panicing, Hyejin unnie pulls up.  I sigh.  Thank goodness.

I hurry up into the van.  I barely get to buckle my seatbelt without unnie attacking me with questions.

Are you okay? Are you hurt anywhere? What happened? Where did he go? Did someone bother you? Why didn’t you-“ I cut her off.

I’m fine unnie and I don’t want to talk about it,” I say.

She just sighs and drives off.  For the entire ride, I just sit there and stare out the window, none of us saying a word.  I did notice how unnie would glance over to me from time to time, though.

 

 

We arrive to the dorm and she enters the building with me.  Once we step in, I see Jimin pacing.  I ignore him and just walk straight to the elevator.

What are you doing down here, Jimin?” I hear unnie ask.

The next thing I know, Jimin is right beside me.

Are you alright Ann?”

“I’m fine.”

“What happened?”

I ignore him and continue walking to the elevator.

We get on the elevator and I press the number to our floor.  As we’re heading up, unnie decides to speak again..

Did something happen Ann?” unnie asks.

Yeah, something had to happen for you to call for a ride back,” Jimin adds.

I don’t want to talk about it.

Fine. But you’re sure you are okay, right? No injuries or anything?” unnie asks.

I’m fine unnie.

The elevator reaches our floor and the doors open.  I walk down the hall and to our door, not caring if unnie or Jimin were still behind me or not. 

I open the door and enter our dorm.  I take my shoes off and out it with the others.  The second I stand up, I’m once again attacked with questions.

Are you alright?”

“What happened?”

“Did something happen to you?”

“Where is Lay at?”

“Do I have to hurt someone?”

And they went on and on.

However, I just tuned them out and headed straight to my room.  Once in, I slammed the door and locked it, not wanting to be bothered by anyone.  I then change into my pajamas and decide to go to bed, just wanting to forget this entire night. 

I slide under my covers and lay down.  I grab a pillow to hold.  I should’ve brought my stuffed animal, Berry, from home.  Yeah, I’m 19 years old and still sleep with a stuffed animal.  He just comforts me at times like these.  I get my phone and decide to listen to music while I’m trying to fall asleep.  I plug my earphones in and close my eyes.

 

 

Author’s POV

 

What happened?” Scynthia asks Jimin and Hyejin.

Hyejin sighs before saying, “I don’t know. She didn’t talk. She just said I’m fine whenever I asked if she was okay.”

I’ve never seen her mad before,” Lauren says.

Seriously. Ann just doesn’t get angry,” Scynthia says, agreeing with Lauren.

Something serious must have happened then,” Hoseok says.

Jimin then storms to Ann’s room and starts knocking on the door.

Ann, are you okay? Can you come out? We don’t have to talk about anything. We can just watch T.V. and eat,” Jimin says.  When he gets no reply, he tries opening the door, only realizing it’s locked.

He sighs before walking back to everyone.  “She locked herself in,” he says.

I don’t even want to know what that guy did to her,” Jeong agrily says.

Maybe he didn’t do anything. Maybe the date just didn’t go as planned,” V says.

Well, whatever it is, she just must want to have some time to herself. Let her rest and we’ll try to talk to her tomorrow,” Hyejin tiredly says.  “You guys enjoy your night. I’ll see you tomorrow,” she says before leaving.

Noona is right. Ann probably just needs some space,” Namjoon says.

Yeah. Let’s just try to enjoy the rest of our night and be glad that she’s back in one piece,” Jin says as he begins to bring the food to the living room.

They all agree to try and enjoy themselves.

 

A few hours pass and they’re all fast asleep in their makeshift beds.  Well, almost everyone.

 

Ann’s POV

 

I jump up in bed, panting and sweating a little.  I look at the time to see that it’s three in the morning.  I sigh as I run a hand through my hair.  I must have had a nightmare.  I then start to remember what happened the night before and begin to get angry again. 

I decide to get out of bed and get some water.  I slowly open my door, not wanting to wake up anyone.  I try my best to quietly walk to the kitchen to get me a bottle of water.  I turn to head back only to be stopped by someone.

 

Jimin’s POV

 

I was just laying down, not quite in a deep sleep but kind of sleeping.  As I turn over to get more comfortable, I notice the light from the fridge.  I look over to Ann’s room to see that her door is open.  I get up and walk to the kitchen.

As I was walking to her, she turns around and jumps.  She then puts her hand over her chest.

Sorry, didn’t mean to scare you.

She shakes her head, “It’s fine.”  She then looks at me, as if she wants to tell or ask me something.

You okay?” I ask her.

She opens , only to close it again.  She does this a few time, as if she’s contemplating something.

Finally, she speaks.  “Umm. . .c-could you sleep with me? N-not sleep with me but next to me?” As she says this, I can tell she’s blushing, even though it’s pretty dark.

Have another nightmare?

She nods.

“Alright, let’s head back to your room then,” I say before taking her hand in mine and leading us back to her room.

We enter her room and I lead her to the bed.  I make sure she’s tucked in before I get in next to her.

I notice her grab a pillow and hug it.

Do you sleep with stuffed animals?” I ask her as I turn on my side to face her.

Yes. Don’t laugh at me, they’re comforting,” she says.

“I’m not laughing. I think it’s cute. Do you have any here? I could grab it for you,” I say.

No. I left Berry at home.

Berry?” I question her.

Yeah. He’s this blue teddy bear, so I named him Berry. I was seven, don’t judge me.”

I just smile and stare at her side profile, as she is laying on her back, staring at the ceiling. 

Hey Ann?”

“Yeah?”

“What happened tonight?”

She stays quiet for a few moments before turning on her side to face me.  I can now see her whole face.

“I don’t want to talk about it.”

“Did he do something to you?” I hesitantly ask, hoping she’s just say no.

I see her close her eyes and hear her sigh.  I then see her nod her head against her pillow.

I sit up straight in the bed.  “What did he do Ann?” I ask a little loudly as I see her flinch.

I rub my hand down my face, trying to calm myself.  I then lie back down facing her.

What did he do Ann?” I ask more gently and calm.

She doesn’t answer, though.  She scoots closer to me as she puts the pillow she was holding behind her.  I feel her head on my chest and her hands clinging on to my t-shirt.  I automatically put my arm around her.

He didn’t hurt me. He touched me and wanted me to go to a hotel room and do stuff with him. But I just stormed out the restaurant and left him.” She quietly says.

I tense up as I think about him, or anyone for that matter laying a hand on her.  Next time I see him, I’m bashing his face and sending his back to China.

I guess she feels my body tense up when she begins to talk again, “Don’t be mad and please don’t do anything. I just want to forget the whole night.

I sigh, “I won’t do anything . . . for now.”  Tomorrow, I’m definitely doing something.  That freaking creep.

Jimin?” she quietly says that I barely hear her.

Mmm.”

“Thank you.

I look down at her, only to see her eyes closes and hear her breathing evened out.  She’s fast asleep.

I pull her closer to me, not wanting her out of my sight ever again. 

I promise you Ann that I’m not going to let anyone hurt you again,” I whisper and kiss her on top of her head. 

I soon fall asleep, as well.

 

Okay, this could have been much better but I wanted to post another chapter. So, sorry about that :(

And let me warn you guys, the drama has now officially started :) Brace yourselves.

Let me know what you guys think of the story so far!  

Thanks for reading and commenting! :D

 

Until next time, PEACE!