Chapter 29

Start Again

This is my second update today so make sure you read the previous chapter:D

 

taemin-kai-3.jpg

 

The Next Morning at BigHit

 

Ann’s POV

 

We ended up at the company bright and early.  I do have to say that I feel full of energy.  I guess Oreo did his job last night while I was sleeping.  I smile, thinking about Jimin going out and buying me Oreo.  That was really sweet.   Don’t tell anyone, but I brought Oreo with me.  He’s in my book bag, hopefully bringing me good luck for today.    He even sent me a text this morning saying good luck and not to work so hard today.  He’s so worrisome, I mean, what could happen? . . .Nope, don’t answer that.  Forget I even said that. 

Leaving the dorm was a little weird this morning, though.  It’s the first day of having our “body guard.”  This huge dude showed up at our door with unnie when she came to get us.  That wasn’t weird at all.  It’s normal to have a big guy show up at your door with your manager.  Apparently his name is Heon.  He hasn’t really said much, though.

Anyways, I’m on my way to the recording studio to record the song I picked for my solo teaser and Beautiful Stranger.  Everyone was telling me how awesome the producer is.  Apparently he’s Korean American and can speak English.  That’s always a plus, right?

I knock on the door as I walk in the studio.  Someone sitting in the chair spins towards me, showing a guy in his middle 20s, I suppose.

“You must be Ann,” he says.  He really does speak English.

I smile and nod.  “Jake?”

He nods.  “Glad to finally work with you! I thought Royalty was going to become a four member group,” he says before chuckling and I can’t help but giggle.

“Alright, so how about we get started. I’ve heard you have a pretty busy day so I don’t want to hold you back any. How about we start with the recording of Beautiful Stranger?” he asks.

I nod.  “Alright.”

“Okay. So just a reminder, you’re taking Krytal’s parts,” he says to me as I walk in the recording booth.

I put the headphones on and give him a thumbs up, letting him know I’m ready.  I then hear the music start playing.

 

 

It took a few times to finish Beautiful Stranger.  I still find it really weird singing as I still don’t consider myself a singer.  But hey, if CEO thinks I am, I must have some talent, right?

“Alright, Ann. Let’s take a five-minute break before singing your song choice. What is it by the way?” Jake asks.

I nod as I exit the booth and take a seat in the studio. 

“I wanted to sing an acoustic version of Behind These Hazel Eyes by Kelly Clarkson, or attempt to, I should say,” before smiling.

“Wow. Very impressive. And you do have talent, Ann. I’m not gonna lie and say you’re at Rose’s level but you are a very good singer. With more practice, you can only become better,” he says.

“Thanks,”” I say.  That really means a lot.  I like this guy.  He knows how to tell you things without hurting your feelings.

“Do you play guitar?” he asks.

I nod.  “I was thinking of playing it for the recording,” I say.

He smiles.  “That’s a great idea! There’s a guitar in the booth.”

I nod and go back in the booth, and he was right.  There’s a guitar leaning on the wall.  I pick it up and sit on the stool and begin tuning it.

“Okay,” I hear Jake’s voice, “whenever you’re ready,” he says.  I nod and put the headphones back on.  I get comfortable with the guitar on my lap.  I then give him a thumbs up.  The music plays and I begin to sing.

Seems like just yesterday
You were a part of me
I used to stand so tall
I used to be so strong
Your arms around me tight
Everything, it felt so right
Unbreakable like nothing could go wrong

Now I can't breathe
No, I can't sleep
I'm barely hanging on

Here I am
Once again
I'm torn into pieces
Can't deny it
Can't pretend
Just thought you were the one
Broken up deep inside
But you won't get to see the tears I cry
Behind these hazel eyes

I told you everything
Opened up and let you in
You made me feel alright for once in my life
Now all that's left of me
Is what I pretend to be
So together but so broken up inside

'Cause I can't breathe
No, I can't sleep
I'm barely hanging on

Here I am
Once again
I'm torn into pieces
Can't deny it
Can't pretend
Just thought you were the one
Broken up deep inside
But you won't get to see the tears I cry
Behind these hazel eyes

Swallow me then spit me out
For hating you, I blame myself
Just seeing you, it kills me now
Now I don't cry
On the outside, anymore!

Here I am
Once again
I'm torn into pieces
Can't deny it
Can't pretend
Just thought you were the one
Broken up deep inside
But you won't get to see the tears I cry
Behind these hazel eyes

Here I am
Once again
I'm torn into pieces
Can't deny it
Can't pretend
Just thought you were the one
Broken up deep inside
But you won't get to see the tears I cry
Behind these hazel eyes

 

The music then stops.  “You can come on out,” Jake says and I nod.  I put the guitar back and come out the booth.

“That was really good. It only took one try, too. I can tell that song is personal to you,” he says as he smiles.

“How is that?” I ask.

“The emotion you brought into the song as you were singing. A great singer can do that,” he says.

I can’t help but smile.  “Thank you,” I say.

“Well, Ann. You are done here. Why don’t you get some lunch? I believe you have filming next,” he says.

I nod.  “Food sounds good right now,” I say before giggling.  “See you later Jake.”

 

 

 

Scynthia’s POV

 

Oh, Ann texted me and said she’s at the cafeteria getting lunch,” I say to Rose as we’re walking down the halls.

Great. We could go eat and then we can go and start filming,” Rose says.

I nod and we head to the cafeteria.

As we’re walking, I notice this guy talking to someone.  He looks awfully familiar, I think to myself.

Who does?” I hear Rose ask.

“Oh. Didn’t mean to say that out loud. But that guy over there with the gray shirt and hat,” I say back.

Whoa! Isn’t that Kai from EXO?” Rose asks excitedly.

EXO-Kai-1.jpg

“It is. What is he doing here? I hope he’s not here to see Ann,” I say.

Are they close?” Rose asks as we continue to walk to the cafeteria.

“I mean, I wouldn’t say that close. But they haven’t talked since before the Lay incident. I really hope he’s here for something else, though. Ann doesn’t need this right now,” I say worriedly.

Let’s just go eat and hope he’s here for business or something,” Rose suggests.

Alright,” I say.

Let’s hope.

 

 

 

 

The three of us ate lunch.  Ann told us about her recording went and stuff.  Me and Rose didn’t tell her about seeing Kai.

Unnie then came to pick us up to take us to filming our teaser.  Heon also went with us.  I find him weird for some reason.  He has this baby face but he’s so huge.  I shrug at the thought.

We arrive at the building where our filming is going to be done.

We walk into the building with unnie in front and Jeon following behind us.

Alright girls, the dressing room is over there and stylists are already there to get you all ready,” unnie says.

We nod and head to the dressing room.

30 minutes later and we were ready to film our teaser.

29156-Hipster-Outfit.jpg Rose's Outfit

 

 

59d6b4c45e2f898d3b6016e73f04a4eb.jpg

Scynthia's Outfit

 

Cute-Hipster-Outfits-40.jpg

Ann's Outfit

 

Alright,” the director says, “I’m going to play the music and I just want you guys to kind of pose for me. Just feel the song and do what comes to mind.”

Seems easy enough, I thought.  We do as the director says and soon enough, we were finished.

“CUT!” the director says.  “That’s a wrap. Miss Lee, please get ready for your teaser,” he says.

I see Ann nodding and we all head back to the dressing room with Ann leading us.  We were all talking about how we thought the teaser filming went, until Ann suddenly just stopped, making me crash into her back.

Ann, what the ?” I say but Ann gives no response back.

I look at her.  She looks like she just saw a ghost.  I follow her gaze and my eyes widen.  Did he follow us here.

Rose, can you take Ann back to the dressing room please,” I say.

Of course. Come on Ann,” Rose says as she senses to know what’s going on.

Once they leave, I walk up to Kai.

What do you think you’re doing here?” I ask.

Was that Ann I saw? Where’d she go?” he asks.

“That is none of your damn business. You should leave,” I sternly say.

I just want to talk to her and see if she’s okay,” he says.

She’s fine so just leave!” I say a little more loudly.

He looked like he was about to say something else but someone else began talking.

Oh, Jongin! There you are, man. I thought I lost you,” the person says before turning towards me.

Scynthia? So that was you. You looked really good during filming by the way,” Taemin says.

ace6379d98eed91979a41c67a8ca0e41.jpg

Thanks,” I blankly say.

I saw your guys’ cover of our song. You all did really good. Are you all debuting soon?” Taemin asks.

“Thanks! That means a lot,” I say before smiling, “in a few we-wait no! Kai you need to lea-“ I start to say but cannot see him anymore.

Where the hell did he go?” I ask.  I then turn back to Taemin.  “Did you come here to distract me so he could go to Ann?” I ask angrily.

“What? I don’t even know why Jongin brought me here. He just told me to meet him here. I didn’t know you’d be here, though,” he says.  I look at him and he seems sincere.

Fine, I believe you,” I say dejectedly.

But I do think you should let him talk to her. He’s been trying to contact her ever since news broke,” Taemin says.

Fine. I’ll give him 10 minutes. After that, I’m going in.”

He nods.  “Why don’t we catch up in the meantime then, hm?

I shrug.  “Why not?” I say as I lead him to the sitting area.

 

 

Ann’s POV

 

Why is he here?  I really don’t want anything to do with Lay and that involves the rest of EXO.  Did he bring . ..him?  Oh my goodness.

It’ll be alright, Ann,” Rose tells me.  I just nod in response.

A knock was then heard at the door.  “Ann! I know you’re in there. I just want to talk,” I hear Jongin say.

You want me to send him away? I can get Heon,” Rose says.

I shake my head no.  “I’ll just talk to him.

Alright. I’ll be right outside? Just yell if you need me,” Rose says before opening the door and walking out but not without glaring at Kai first.

Oh my goodness! You’re alright! Thank goodness,” Kai says while he lunges and hugs me.

I flinch at the contact.  He must have noticed because he let me go. 

Ann, I’m so sorry! I didn’t know that bastard did any of that until news broke. Why didn’t you tell me?” he asks.

Would you have believed me if I told you?” I softly ask.

“Of course I would have!” he yells, making me flinch again.

He sighs.  “Look, I’m sorry for yelling. I’m just mad at him for doing what he did and I’m mad at myself for not finding out sooner,” he says more gently.

I shrug my shoulders.  “It is what it is. It’s over now. There’s nothing you can do about it now.”

“Are you mad at me?” he asks.

“No. I’m just over this whole thing and I’m tired of talking about it,” I honestly say.

Why does it feel like you don’t want anything to do with me? You haven’t looked at me once since I’ve been here. It’s like you’re scared of me,” He sadly says.

I just look at the ground, not knowing how to reply.

Ann, you know I would never hurt you. . .right?

I say nothing.

Ann?”

I-it’s just that I can’t help but be afraid that he’s just going to pop up when I see you,” I say.

I didn’t do anything! He has nothing to do with me!” he yells.

B-but he is your m-member,” I say, feeling my eyes brim with tears.

The door then opens and Rose walks in.  “Why do I hear yelling?

“I can’t believe you think of me like that,” he says before letting a bitter laugh out.

“I never said that,” I say as I feel the tears start to fall, “I just can’t help but think of him when I see you. I-I’m sorry.”

What no! Ann you have nothing to be sorry about,” Rose says before facing Kai.  “I’m going to ask you to leave before I get security.”

Fine. I’m sorry, too then,” he says before leaving.

He hates me now, doesn’t he? Why am I always screwing things up?” I say as more tears fall.

Oh honey, no. Nothing is your fault. It’s completely understandable that certain things or people remind you of what happened,” Rose says as she hugs me.

Now stop crying. Now the makeup unnies have to redo your makeup," she says before smiling.

I giggle.  “I don’t like wearing it anyways,” I say.

She just shakes her head.  “Come on, I’ll help you get ready for your solo teaser.

 

 

Scynthia’s POV

 

You should have come and visited me in the States when you came to film your music video,” I say.  We’ve just been catching up and it reminded me how much I enjoy Taemin’s company.

I couldn’t. I was on a strict schedule. Trust me, I would if I could have,” he says.

I understand. I could’ve been an extra, though! I could’ve been another black person in your mv!” I say jokingly.

He only shakes his head but he laughs as well.  “So, you guys are going to debut, huh?

I nod.  “We’re so excited! What you saw us film was one of our teasers,” I say with a smile.

That’s really nice. I’m glad everyone will soon be able to see your talent. I will definitely be rooting for you,” he says.

Thanks. It’d be much appreciated!

So,” he says, “I heard that you and Hoseok are good again. Is that true?” 

I nod and smile.  “We are. And I want to say thanks for being with me that day.

I see. . .and yeah. . .no problem,” he says.  What just got into him?  As I was about to ask him what was wrong, Kai comes storming out.

I’m leaving,” he says a bit angrily.

What happened back there?” I ask out loud.

I don’t know but I guess I better go after him. We should hang out soon,” he says to me.

I nod and smile.  “Most definitely.”  He smiles and then hugged me.  I hugged him back but it felt a little weird.  The hug lasted a little too long.  He finally pulls away and smiles and waves before turning and walking the way Kai went.

 

 

 

Author’s POV

 

Ann’s filming went smoothly, even after the altercation she had with Kai.  Rose told Scynthia about what happen and boy was she pissed but Rose was able to calm her door.  They both agreed not to talk about it anymore for Ann’s sake.

 

The three girls ended back at the dorm.  Ann was worn out but was happy that she got a lot done today. 

The gang all had dinner and shared what had happened throughout their days before deciding to head to bed so they could get an early start on their songs.

 

 

Ann’s POV

 

I got ready for bed, Oreo with me as I tuck myself in.  I have the urge to call Jimin but I don’t want to bother him.  I get my phone and click on his contact.  I let my finger hover over the call button before deciding to just do it.

It rings a few times.  Uhg, I knew I shouldn’t have called.  As I was about to hang up, the ringing stops.

Hello?” he says.

Oh, um hi. I’m not bothering you am I? I can just call back,” I say.

No, no. I just got out the shower is all. How was your day?” he asks.

It went okay,” I say.  Should I tell him about what happened?

Only okay? Did something happen?” he asks and I just think of what to say.

Ann, what happened?” He asks and I can hear the worry in his voice.

Kai came and visited at the set,” I say.

HE WHAT?

He just wanted to talk.”

I hear him sigh in relief.  “What happened?”

Well, it started off with him seeing if I was okay and then the next thing I know, he’s yelling at me because I said seeing him reminds me of Lay,” I quietly say.  I hate saying that guy’s name.

I hear him sigh again and mumble something along the lines of “That stupid bastard.”

“Just don’t listen to him okay? It’s normal to feel that way, especially after such a traumatic event. If he doesn’t understand, then he isn’t a good friend. So stop blaming yourself,” he says and I can’t help but smile at his helpful words.

Thanks, Jimin.

It’s what I’m here for.

So how was your day today?” I ask him, wanting to get off the subject.

It was good. We just had rehearsals and then we did a little sight-seeing,” he says.

Oh, that sounds fun! I wish I could go sight-seeing. I haven’t even explored Seoul, yet,” I say.

He chuckles.  “How about I take you around the city sometime when I get back? You know, when you’re not busy being in the new famous group and all.”

I can’t help but laugh.  “I’ll see if I can fit you in my schedule.

We talk for a little more, him telling me more about his day and the different things he saw and me telling him about my recording and filming.

Are you getting ready for bed?” he asks.

Mhmm,” I say as my eyes begin to feel heavy.

Do you have Oreo with you?

“Of course I do,” I say while smiling.

He chuckles, “Good. You sound sleepy so you should go to bed now.”

Alright,” I say before yawning and I can hear him laughing on the line.  “Good luck at your concert tomorrow,” I say.

Thanks. Goodnight, Ann.

Goodnigt, Jimin,” I say before hanging up and falling right to sleep.

 

 

Rose’s POV

 

Just as I was falling asleep, I feel my phone vibrate on my dresser.

I reach over and grab it to find a text from Future Boyfriend and I automatically roll my eyes.

tumblr_inline_o76z4hLILv1tfa1cd_540.jpg

Namjoon: Hey babe. What are you doing?

Rose: I was about to fall asleep before you interrupted.

Namjoon: I’m glad you’re back at your dorm.

Rose: And if I wasn’t?

Namjoon: Then I’d be worried. It’s not safe for a pretty girl to be out late at night, you know

Rose: Wow. Thanks for the concern

Namjoon: What’s your favorite food?

Rose: Shrimp alfredo. Why?

Namjoon: Just wanting to know what kind of place I should take you on our first date ;)

Rose: Tch. Whatever

Namjoon: Well, I’ll let you sleep babe. I’m headed in the shower

Namjoon: I know you just pictured my nice body ;)

Rose: In your dreams

NamjoonOh, I’ll definitely see you in my dreams. Good night babe

Rose: Good night weirdo.

 

I shake my head but can’t help but laugh at him.  I then fall asleep with a smile on my face.

 

And another chapter has been posted! :D

 

PEACE!