Chapter 4

Blurred Photographs
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Why did you return?" Jeongguk looked at him with tiger-eyes like, apparently, the younger man was in the middle of munching down a bundle of grapes (ㅡhe recalled that was the younger favorite fruit) which his boyfriend bought for him served as a bribe due of what happened and for leaving him eventually. Well, Jeongguk insisted for him to go the exhibition Taehyung needed to go and Jimin remembered how his words musically sincere when he said it was okay for him if his boyfriend couldn't be there for him and it wasn't like he was on his death bed. Jeongguk had laughed when the red-haired male slapped down his chest and pouted cutely, scolding his boyfriend for using the death word. 

 

Jimin put a hand on his nape and chuckled, eyes nowhere to be seen. "You know, I'm just here to save you from the ghosts." Then he took the stool and sat there, smile never left his face.

 

"Save my ? No, thanks." Jeongguk rolled his eyes experimentally and continued to eat deliciously, tending to the older to feel hungry. Jimin nibbled on his lips. "I think if you see a ghost, you'll pee on your pants." The younger snickered behind the grape on his lips, the black-haired male frowned at this yet he laughed at that because that was utterly true.

 

"Why are you treating me like this?" Jimin exclaimed, swabbing imaginary tears under his eyes. The brown-haired male stared at him with a disapproving look due of the fact this hyung was markedly trying to act cute in his sight. 

 

Jeongguk scowled at him, throwing several grapes at the older direction. Jimin attempted to dodge nevertheless, he failed because his reflexes were terrible to begin with. 

 

"Just so you know, I will never treat you right."

 

"I know, Jeongguk. But I'm certain that would change."

 

"Dream on, Mr. Park Jimin-ssi."

 

Placing the bowl of grapes aside, the younger listened at Jimin's protests regarding him being an with a solid smile dancing on his lips. Jimin was really weird, could he get even weirder.

 

"I heard from Taehyung," Jimin suddenly got serious, the latter fired him a bewildered gaze as he took his precious time to cease, he devoured the lump in his throat, apprehensively. "ㅡ you got in an accident. I know this is too out of hand to ask but.. what happened?" 

 

Jeongguk was mute after that. Jimin knew he rang the wrong bell, this was wrong timing. He shouldn't have ask. He shouldn't have. It wasn't akin the younger trusted him, of course he would be reluctant to response because the question was exceedingly personal. Nonetheless, he had this kind of desire to know what truly happened. He didn't want it to hear from Taehyung, he wanted to hear it from Jeongguk. Perhaps, he remembered a little bit about their past or someone told him about Jimin. And if the male wasn't ungrudging of sharing his past with him, he didn't have any other choice but to wait for him to be more open and accepting. 

 

"Yeah." Jeongguk rasped when he spoke, the black-haired male felt his chest tightened because he sounded so hurt and abandoned. "I don't really know what exactly happened." He wasn't wavering, he was serene and unflustered like having an amnesia wasn't new for him. Like having your memories erased was not a big deal. He sounded apathetic. The old Jeon Jeongguk wasn't like that. He was different. Jimin didn't know if the younger was masking what real was.

 

"Mind if you tell me?"

 

Jeongguk stuck his tongue out to wet his lips and shrugged his shoulders slightly. "Yeah, sure. It isn't like it's a secret to begin with.  Well, they said I committed a suicide because of a certain man betrayed me. My guardian told me I was about to tell him that my mom died and ask him for a shoulder to rely on but he broke up with me. Too devastated and , after the funeral, I jumped on a trail roadway. The end." Massaging his nose without a reason, the younger didn't spare a look to the older beside him and completely laid on his bed, hiding behind the covers and turning his back on him.

 

Jimin gasped at this, fists gripping on his hair and fingers digging on his scalp. His eyes were opened like saucers, his mouth was too dry to speak. He couldn't function well. Jeongguk, Jeongguk committed suicide for him and the moment he had broke up with the younger, he wasn't aware that his mother died during that day. Jimin knew that the male only had his mother in his life, his father died the moment he was born. He knew that the younger didn't have a promising life and that hurt him to know when he was a mere high schooler head over heels to a young and innocent Jeongguk. He was awfully cruel, he was.

 

Feeling the knot in his stomach and feeling like he was so close to vomiting, Jimin shakily stood up and immediately took Jeongguk's hand in his, placing feathery kisses on his knuckles and wobbled as he ran away from the younger; he was the one who killed Jeongguk, not himself but him. He was Jeon Jeongguk's killer and

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter