Chapter Three

We Got This!

Min Hyo's heart raced slightly as he began to speak.

"Uh... excuse me?" He asked, she looked up quickly unaware that she was ignoring him. She'd formed a habit from not paying attention to people she didn't want to talk to.

"Uh... y-yes?" She tried to seem as normal as possible but her hopes flew away as he laughed. She didn't know what to do, she didn't find anything funny.

"I asked you how you were doing about five times but all you did was stare off into the distance like some drama actress." He laughed again, though she could still not find the humor in anything he was saying.

"What's so funny?" Her tiny voice barely audible between his laughs. Her eyebrows were furrowed up until he spoke again.

"Nothing, never mind. Uh... I'm Jin Young, by the way. My friends call me Junior, though." He introduced himself, but Min Hyo already knew his name. Jackson had told them all so there was no reason for him to be re-introducing himself.

"I guess you're the quiet one, I didn't exactly listen to everyone's name during the whole introduction thing so I'd appreciate it if you told me yours. I know you're in our dance class but we're in different divisions so I've never had the chance to talk to anyone outside my group."

"My name is Cha Min Hyo..." Junior let out a smile that made her calm down a bit, she was sure he thought she was weird or creepy. That's what people usually think when first meet her, she was glad he was taking a different approach and actually making an attempt at getting to know her instead of judging her from afar.

"Food. Is. Ready!" Youngjae announced, Min Hyo jumped at this and Junior laughed again. He sure did like laughing.

"Let's go together, I want to keep trying to get to know you." Junior stood up as Min Hyo just nodded and tried to give a genuine smile.

Ha Ra and Youngjae grabbed bowls of food and placed them all on the coffee table. Jackson and Mark moved the couches away so everyone could sit on the floor around the food.

"This all looks so good." Jin Hee was the first to get a pair of chopsticks and sit down, not waiting for anyone else.

"Save some for the rest of us." Mark joked, sitting next to her and also beginning to eat. Bambam and Yugyeom sat down beside Jin Hee followed by Ha Ra and Youngjae.

"Wait- I must sit next to my favorite child, Yugyeom!" Jackson announced as he threw himself between him and Ha Ra, accidentally elbowing her on the side in the process.

"Oh my god I am so sorry." Jackson profusely apologized, placing his hand on her waist and rubbing it gently to soothe it.

"Ah- no please it tickles- Jackson stop!" Ha Ra giggled as she slapped his hand away.

"Ah, I should make a list of weaknesses you have to use against you when you try to blame something on me again." Jackson joked, softly jabbing at her side to annoy her.

"We are trying to eat, Jackson." Youngjae said sternly, "It would be nice if you didn't bother Ha Ra." His arm s around her waist and rested it on her hip.

"We're trying to eat blablabla." Jackson mocked, Ha Ra failed at holding her laughter in.

"I'm going to get drinks, anyone want anything?" The young giant Yugyeom asked.

"Oh I'll go with you!" Ha Ra used this as an excuse to take a break from Youngjae and Jackson.

She got up and headed towards the kitchen, catching up to him.

"We're going to need glasses, they're in the cupboard." He told her. She nodded and walked over, opening the cupboard and tiptoeing to get the glasses on the top section.

"Aish noona, you're so short." Yugyeom teased as he came up behind her and grabbed the cups with ease.

"I am not short, you are simply just too tall." She replied, looking up to him while taking the cups. His eyes turned to half-moons as he smiled, it was pretty adorable Ha Ra had to admit.

They walked back to where everyone was eating and served a few drinks before sitting down. They continued to eat and talk together for a while before someone mentioned Jaebum.

"Really though, we should call him out to eat. If we don't he'll starve to death in there and we won't even notice." Mark suggested.

"I'll give you ₩5,000 if you call JB, Youngjae." Jackson offered but Youngjae just shook his head, stuffing himself with kimchi.

"I'll give you ₩10,000 if you do it, Jackson." This time Junior offered. It wasn't a lot but Min Hyo just assumed they were all broke and stayed quiet as she ate cellophane noodles. Jin Hee was laughing along with Mark the entirety of the time they were at their dorm, they seem to hit it off. Ha Ra was being juggled around from Youngjae to Jackson, both attempting to hold a conversation with her at the same time and about different subjects. It was giving her a bit of a headache, she wasn't used to so much socialization, especially all at once.

Finally, Bambam built up the courage to go get JB for ₩20,000 from Yugyeom. He was the smallest but apparently the most charming so the boys thought he would be able to call JB over to eat without getting hurt.

"JB is actually not really violent and he's actually really nice when you get to know him." Junior told Min hyo, who was most likely not interested. She was really just thinking about the drama she did not finish. She'd left it off but paused because she did not think it would take that long to get Jin Hee's suitcase back. Junior frowned a bit as he realized she wasn't paying any attention to him but brushed it off and told Jin Hee instead, Mark overheard and agreed.

"Why is he so cold, then? You shouldn't have to bet money to see who would have the courage to simply ask him something." Jin Hee asked.

"He's afraid of girls." Mark joked, earning a shove from her.

"I actually think it was because of a girl though. In high school," Junior began, Jin Hee scooted closer to him as she was interested in his story, "he had a beautiful girlfriend. She was incredibly smart too like entirely out of his league." At this point, Mark grew interested as well and also scooted over. Min Hyo sat to the side of Junior, yet again uninterested and staring at the floor.

"We were both surprised she agreed to go on a date with him, and this was back when he was young and free. He was the nicest guy you've ever met."

"What happened?" Jin Hee asked.

"They were dating for about a year when she completely changed. I don't know what happened exactly but the next time I saw her she was so rude. She rolled her eyes any time JB and I spoke. She treated other students horribly and threatened them. Eventually she hurt JB by confessing that she used him and blamed him for her behavior. He was torn- he didn't know what he did but he still blames himself now."

"That is horrible- he's like this because of some girl?" Jin Hee stood up, Mark grabbed her arm but she escaped his grip and moved past Bambam to JB's room door.

She knocked first, earning no reply. She then called out his name a few times but again, no answer.

"Wait- what is she doing?" Min Hyo was snapped into reality and was completely lost. Junior wanted to ignore her to get her to feel the same way he did, but he wouldn't be able to handle the guilt so he answered her question and re-explained the JB incident. She paid complete attention this time, it's not like she ignored people on purpose... well sometimes she did but she's formed a habit so now it's mostly unintentional.

"Oh wow." Was all she replied but it was good enough for Junior.

After a few more tries, Jin Hee grew frustrated and proceeded to open the door to his room. Dorm rooms did not have locks on bedroom doors to discourage any sort of ual activity. JB despised that rule, not because of the ual activity but because he could never have any time to himself.

"What are you doing in my room? Get out." He ordered, but Jin Hee ignored him and made herself at home by sitting on one of the beds opposite of him.

"Are you crazy? Get out of my room."

"You should go out and eat with the guys." She said simply.

"I'm not hungry." As if on cue his stomach growled, Jin Hee could tell he hadn't eaten all day.

"Let's go eat, Jaebum." She reached for his arm but he flinched away quickly as he stood.

"Fine- but I'm going because I want to, not because you asked me to." He stood up from the bed and walked out, not bothering to look at Jin Hee. She felt a small sense of accomplishment as she walked out behind him, shutting the door.

They received a few stares as Jaebum took a seat between Min Hyo and Youngjae and grabbed a bowl. He ate in silence and eventually everyone else continued to finish their meal. One by one they cleaned up until Mark, Jin Hee, and JB remained. Mark had finished eating but stayed with a still-hungry Jin Hee along with JB who didn't want their company but was too into the food to care.

"You eat so much, Jin Hee, do you ever get full?" Mark laughed and teased Jin Hee. She said nothing but glared at him, not taking a pause from eating her 3rd bowl of Doenjang jjigae along with a couple lunch boxes.

"This is your last one, you might end up with diabetes." He stood up and started collecting the leftovers to prevent Jin Hee from eating anymore. After she was done she stayed on the floor with Mark and they conversed for a while longer, making jokes every now and then. Jaebum had also finished and was on his phone, rolling his eyes at the couple joking around.

"Wow it's 1:17, time goes by quickly. We should head back to our own dorm now." Ha Ra announced after checking the time on her phone.

Min Hyo was extremely relieved to hear those words coming from Ha Ra, she desperately wanted to leave but didn't want to seem rude about it so she stayed quiet during the entire visit. Junior on the other hand looked a bit disappointed, he'd been trying to talk to her but failed multiple times. He either made a conversation awkward from laughing at things without humor, or she ignored him which happened more than just a handful of times. When Jin Hee heard this, she exchanged numbers with Mark to keep in touch, even if they were really close by.

"It's only 1, Ha Ra. You and the girls don't have to leave yet." Jackson protested, Youngjae nodding in agreement behind him.

"We've spent about an hour here, we just came to pick up the suitcase but I'm sure we'll see each other around anyways."

"Okay- I'll walk you girls to your room!" Jackson shot up and grabbed the suitcase, "It was my fault we got into this mess so I'll take this for you."

Ha Ra was confused, was it or was it not Jackson's fault? Will he ever make up his mind? The girls looked at each other and decided to let him come with, they were too tired to argue.

They waved goodbye to the boys and they responded the same way, except JB who was cleaning up what was little was left behind. Min Hyo and Jin Hee walked ahead, discussing the very important topic of the drama left on the TV screen back in their dorm. Ha Ra walked silently beside Jackson, she didn't know what to talk about since he and Youngjae were the ones always starting up conversations.

"Hey have you started the abstract clay sculpture thing yet? I don't understand what we're supposed to do." He asked. Ha Ra tried to not make it obvious that she was relieved he said something.

"Uh no, I actually bought clay today to get started on it. It's really just making whatever comes to your mind and hoping it doesn't explode when you put it into the kiln." They both laughed and Jackson looked like a bunch of weight was removed from his shoulders.

"Thank god, I thought I was the only one who hadn't started it yet. But I guess we both came back from a plane trip so it's obvious we wouldn't have time."

At this point Min Hyo and Jin Hee began arguing over 'spoiling a drama' and their voices practically echoed through the hallways. He'd never seen Min Hyo so talkative before, she was basically mute while she was with Junior.

"Yeah I went to LA to visit my mom and sisters. I'm planning on working on it now when we get to my room, I think I have an idea of what I'm going to do."

"You went to LA? So did we. Mark was born there actually so we all went with him to visit his family."

"You didn't visit your family?"

He shook his head and explained that he and his parents agreed he would only visit during holidays like thanksgiving and Christmas to avoid wasting time from his studies. The others had made similar deals with their family. She "oh"-d at this and they arrived to their room

"Thank you for the meal today, Jackson. Tell the other boys the same thing." He smiled and nodded, pulling Ha Ra in for a quick friendly hug.

"You three are welcome any time, now I must go before the guys get jealous of me spending more time with you guys." He left the suitcase, waved goodbye to Jin Hee and Min Hyo, and sprinted into the hallway.

She shut the door and quickly turned to Jin Hee who was on her phone texting.

"Is that Mark?" Ha Ra asked excitedly, jumping to sit down on the couch beside her. Jin Hee smiled and didn't have to say a word for Ha Ra to know.

"Oh my god- you two hit it off pretty quickly. But then again you hit it off with just about anyone you're so confident I hate you."

"Ah Hara, you just need to break free of your shell! You two, Minnie. I saw Junior try talking to you but you completely blew it off like that could've been the start of a beautiful relationship." Jin Hee joked.

"He was so awkward... Like- I know I'm extremely awkward around new people but he kept laughing at stuff that wasn't funny. Maybe it's just me, I might have that effect on people, and I didn't mean to ignore him but I formed the habit so I just blanked out."

"Poor Junior, he genuinely seemed interested in getting to know you. You should give him a chance!" She seemed overly excited, but new friends always excited her, especially guys that seemed interested in her own friends.

"No no- I still remember the time you tried to hook me up with that other guy, I even forgot his name. The tall one with the dark hair... Han something."

It's true that Jin Hee has tried multiple times to find guys for her friends, Han Sang Eun was one of the many failed tries.

"Han Sang Eun! I remember him, that was a sad choice I will do better next time." Jin Hee joked and the girls laughed.

"Anyways, speaking of hitting it off and hooking up." Min Hyo nudged Ha Ra, "What's going on with Jackson? And Youngjae? And that other one- the giant one, Yugyeom?"

"Damn, Ha Ra- three? That's not a love triangle that's like a square." Jin Hee made a square shape with her hands.

"What do you mean? They're all just friends- I mean Jackson would flirt a lot but that's just his personality. Youngjae's just nice, and Yugyeom is so adorable but he's younger than us." Ha Ra tried to reason.

Jin Hee just shook her head, "Jackson and Youngjae basically fought for trying to talk to you. Yugyeom is just so nice, I would die for a little brother like him."

"They didn't fight to talk to me, it's just that everyone else had their own pair except for them and I just happened to be in-between."

Min Hyo and Jin Hee looked at each other while rolling their eyes, they sensed something more. They talked about the guys a bit more before deciding to go back to whatever they were doing. Min Hyo grabbed a few blankets and pillows and made herself a little bed thing on the couch, she was gonna spend the next couple hours trying to finish the drama she had paused before leaving. She left the snacks out for now, she was incredibly full from eating. Jin Hee moved her suitcase to her room and began reorganizing her clothes, finding her work-out clothes in the process.  Her plans were to nail the choreography she was supposed to create for a song, it was a ton of extra credit. Ha Ra was about to go through her focus-phase, what they call it. She's going to focus on her artwork for hours on end without stopping, sometimes forgetting she's supposed to be asleep. The girls have to remind her or she'll be up all night on something.