Chapter One

We Got This!

The airplane ride to Korea from Los Angeles was long and boring, Shin Ha Ra had fallen asleep through most of the 13 hour flight since she hadn't slept all night. She'd found a new drama and convinced herself she wouldn't survive without knowing what happens in the next episode. Next thing she knew, it was 6:28 am and her flight was in 8 hours. Luckily her friends, Park Jin Hee and Cha Min Hyo, had prepared coffee that morning and she had about 4 cups for the entire day until she reached the plane.

Ha Ra, Jin Hee, and Min Hyo collected their stuff and proceeded to walk out of their plane, all wearing shades even if they weren't famous but it made them feel cool.

"Hey, Ha Ra? I really have to pee can you get my luggage for me while I spend hours looking for the bathroom?" Jin Hee asked, during a sort of dance.

"Sure, it's the burgundy one, right?" Ha Ra replied, Jin Hee just nodded quickly and grabbed Min Hyo's hand, dragging her to the bathroom with her.

Ha Ra let out a sleepy laugh as she headed towards the luggage conveyer thing, she doesn't know the name of. Everyone on the flight with her was also there waiting for their personal belongings. She hated these at they would always take so long before seeing them.

One by one people would go up when they saw their stuff, she spotted the burgundy colored suitcase and went to grab it, noticing that it was pretty heavy. She didn't think Jin Hee would pack this much just for a couple of weeks. They went to visit Ha Ra's mom in Los Angeles for the time off they were getting from school.

She pulled it off the conveyer belt and waited for the rest of the luggage. Sure enough, they also came down along with everyone else's belongings. She grabbed the remaining suitcases just as Jin Hee and Min Hyo returned from the restroom.

The girls were heading out already but Ha Ra decided to get a small cappuccino from the small coffee shop inside the airport. She would be returning to school with Jin Hee and Min Hyo in about a week and she still had a few projects to do.

"Are you done, Hara?" Jin Hee called out as she grabbed her drink and walked towards them.

"Yeah- are you guys hungry? We can go eat breakfast before registering back at the dorms. It's 8:37 am, still very early."

The girls nodded their heads in agreement. They got into a subway and went to the restaurant nearest the dorms. The ride was quiet and pretty long, the airport was a bit far from their dorms. It was about two hours of transit when they decided instead to leave their belongings in the dorms before heading out again. It would be a hassle to carry them around restaurants, and they had left their car there. Ha Ra would be the driver.

The nearest food-place would be Gogi jjip, a Korean BBQ. The girls didn't bother changing their outfits as they took a 5 minute drive to the restaurant. They quickly ordered the varieties of meat and lunch boxes, it had been about 16 hours since they last ate, and Jin Hee could hardly survive 10 hours without consuming something. Despite her slim body, Jin Hee was the one who ate the most. She continued to eat long after Min Hyo and Ha Ra had finished.

"I'm going to have to head over to an arts store, I'm out of clay back at the dorms and I still need to make that sculpture for my visual arts class." Ha Ra announced, just as Jin Hee stuffed a chopstick-full of kimchi in .

"Oh- while you're there can you pick up some photo-paper? I also ran out and I'm supposed to print out my pictures in the dark room later." Jin Hee had a photography class, obviously.

Ha Ra nodded, "Would you need anything, Minhyo? As long as you two pay me back, I'm just as poor as you guys and this stuff is not cheap." Min Hyo was in the music department, there's not really much you can buy for this at an arts store.

"Yes! I need sheet music, I almost forgot. Thank you for reminding me. I've gotta come up with a song on the piano and that's like the most important thing. Feel free to buy me some nice pencils too."

"I'll drop you guys off back at the dorm and I'll head to the art store to get everything. Jinhee I know you just ate but would you like any snacks from 7/11 that's like across the street?"

With this, Jin Hee laughed and nodded, asking Ha Ra to buy her any variety of ramen they had, she was in the mood to try new flavors. Min Hyo just asked for like 20 microwavable lunch boxes to survive in her dorm without having to go outside. The dorms had their own cafeteria next to the lobby but Min Hyo didn't like waiting in line with a bunch of people for a cheap meal. She would only go if there was absolutely no food in their dorm left, and Jin Hee would not let that happen as she was always munching on something.

When she walked into the art store, Ha Ra was immediately washed over with happiness. There's just something about all the art supplies that excited her. It was no mistake that she got this from her father, who was a painter. He never became very famous and passed away from a terminal illness when Ha Ra was 14. Painting with her father was one of her favorite things to do, and she promised him she would continue to paint for him. She sometimes makes art dedicated to her father, and sends them to her mother to decorate the house with. Her home has become so full with art on the walls that Ha Ra allows her mother to sell them. She lets her keep the money, it was her gift to her. 

"Would you need any assistance, miss?" A voice that belonged to an employee interrupted.

Ha Ra turned to face the man, "Thank you, but I don't need any help." The man simply smiled, nodded, and walked away.

She made her way through every aisle, staring at the different art mediums and supplies. There were so many things, from calligraphy pens to knitting needles. She didn't need most of the stuff she saw but she wanted it all. Her favorite was the acrylic paint, but she had all of that in her dorm already, though she worried she would soon run out. Just in case, she grabbed 5 bottles of acrylic paint. It was only the primary and neutral colors: red, blue, yellow, black, and white. She also grabbed a few canvases because she used the last one a few days before going to the United States. It was probably a bad idea for her to go alone because she's not very good at holding herself back. When she finally reached the cash register, she had: 2 packets of photo-paper, 2 packets of sheet paper, 4 small canvases, 5 bottles of acrylic paint, a sketchbook, and a few drawing pencils.

The cashier was the employee that had asked if she needed help and he smiled when he saw her stack everything on the desk. Ha Ra was a bit embarrassed when she realized how much she bought but paid everything in a hurry and walked back to her car. She'd finished putting everything in the back seat when she received a call from Jin Hee.

"What's up?" She answered, sitting in the driver's seat and putting her seatbelt on.

"Um... We have a small problem." Jin Hee said, her voice confused.

"Hold on." Ha Ra connected her ear piece to her phone via bluetooth and placed it in her ear. "What problem?"

"You grabbed the wrong luggage, this one is full of male clothes and the tag says it belongs to someone named Jackson not me."

"What? Really? I'm so sorry, Jinhee. Does the tag say anything else? Maybe we can find him." Ha Ra began driving to 7/11, she wanted to get the rest of what they ordered before heading back to the dorm.

"Yeah, it says-" There was some shuffling on the other line.

"Ha Ra! It says he attends this school! He's living in these dorms too! Hurry so we can find him together." Min Hyo's voice rang through the earpiece.

"I got it, tell Jinhee I'm sorry again, we'll fix this." Ha Ra hung up and parked quickly in front of 7/11 and ran inside. She grabbed whatever ramen she saw, one of each flavor available. Grabbing a basket she also grabbed several of what might look like Min Hyo might like and a couple other snacks for herself. She'd gotten weird glances from people in the store but brushed them off as she paid and the cashier quickly placed the items in bags, thankfully.

Running back to the car, she placed everything in the back seat. She wondered how in the world she was going to be able to take everything inside on her own. She pushed that thought aside and drove, only about 3 minutes since the school was across the street from 7/11 but still had to go through the gate and into her reserved space in the parking lot.

Ha Ra filled up her arms with as many bags she could fit and walked into the lobby before she made eye contact with a blonde male at the register. As soon as their eyes met he quickly walked over, taking some of the bags from her.

"Sorry- you look like you needed some help. Shin Ha Ra, right?" He asked. Ha Ra nodded and handed the rest of the bags to him.

"I have some left in the car- wait here."

"No problem- I actually have a pretty urgent question to ask when you get back."

Ha Ra sped-walked to the car and grabbed the remaining bags. She locked the doors and walked back, he was still there waiting.

"What was your question?" She asked, leading him towards the elevator.

"This is actually sort of embarrassing." He laughed nervously, "But, do you happen to know a Park Jin Hee?"

"Yeah I do- wait I remember you. You're in my dance class- and you dyed your hair blonde, it looks great"

"Thanks, it's nice huh? And actually I also happen to be in your visual arts class but whatever. What floor?"

Ha Ra felt a little embarrassed she'd never noticed him before but answered him anyways. He pressed the button for the 2nd floor.

"I'm sorry, you know my name but I can't seem to remember yours."

"I'm hurt, Ha Ra, very hurt." He joked.

"Well, Very Hurt. It's nice to meet you." Ha Ra was proud of her lame comeback and the nameless man laughed.

"Very funny, my name is Jackson Wang. I would grab your hand and kiss it or something but I can't do so at the moment."

"Wow I'm swooning. Jackson, right? You wouldn't happen to have a mix up with your luggage would you?" Ha Ra remembered the name, she doubts anyone else would have that name around here since it was an English name.

"Yeah... I feel bad for not checking the tag before grabbing it. But my friend said something really funny and my own laughter distracted me. I didn't notice until I opened it and saw it was full of women clothing. I closed it right after I swear." The elevator doors opened and Ha Ra walked out, Jackson following behind her.

"It's both our faults- I didn't check the tag either and if I had we probably would have figured it out sooner."

"Yay, now I can blame this on you." Ha Ra rolled her eyes and laughed at his comment.