Hypocrites

1 Sick Kookie makes for 6 Worried Hyungs

197. That was the Jungkook's hospital room number. It was near the end of the hallway of closed doors. The floor was swept clean and the walls were a calming baby blue color. 

197 was the room number, but the members could hear the screaming from 114.

As the screaming got louder as they drew closer, the members soon realized that the terrified shouting was that of their Maknae, causing them to break out into a full blown sprint, leaving the doctor behind them. They ran as fast as they could, but with each step they took foreword, it felt as if the door was moving further and further away. They all ran faster, desperate to reach their baby brother. He was screaming still, wailing really, and with each sob the Maknae's hyungs pushed themselves even harder to reach him. 

"Jin-hyung! Suga-hyung! Don't! Please! Leader-hyung! Please! Don't do this. Stop! Hopie-hyung! Jimin-hyung! V-Hyung! Please don't! Please! HYUNGS!" The last word was heartbreaking. Uttered in a shattered, broken cry that made the other screams sound quiet in comparison. It sounded like a ululation of an abused kitten, pittiful, vulnerable, and helpless with desperation and sadness laced into his words, like a knife to their hearts. 

Finally, FINALLY, they arrived at the door and wasted no time in opening it and all trying to squeeze through the doorway at the same time.

It was quite a comical sight, really. They had all tried to be the first ones through the door that they'd gotten stuck just at the hips in the doorway with the nurses too preoccupied with their patient to help any of them out of their predicament. They we're all crying, tears streaming down their faces. And, in their haste and worry, each member was trying to push themselves out of the doorway and into Jungkook's room, pushing and pulling on the others to try and wiggle themselves forwards. 

They kept struggling like that for around 10 seconds before the screaming got particularly bad. 

"V-HYUNG! HELP ME! PLEASE! DONT DO THIS! V!!"

That did it for the second youngest, and he was now kicking and fighting his way into the room. 

"Hey!"

"Ow! V-ah!"

"Ya! Dongsang what are you doing!!?"

"Taehyung, what the hell?"

He wringed his body past the members and rushed into the room, tears beginning anew, and moved aside a nurse to get at his bedside. 

"Kookie-ah! V-hyung is sorry! I'm sorry! I don't know what I did, but I'm sorry!!!"

At this time, the remaining members were picking themselves up off of the floor. After V had wiggled his way out of the doorway, the other members, still pushing and not able to stop themselves, fell over into the room due to the new space that V created in his absence from their door jam. They brushed themselves off and quickly headed towards their precious youngest brother. 

Jimin and J-Hope went to the side V was currently at while Rap Mon, Suga, and Jin went on the other. The nurses, being informed that the doctor was going to get the patient's surrogate brothers, gave them space and quickly muttered something about checking another patient across the hallway. Jungkook's face was contorted with pain, whether emotional or physical they didn't know, and tear tracks were evident on his face. His hair was slick with sweat and tears, which also dampened the loose hospital gown that he had been changed into upon his arrival at the hospital. His eyes were still closed, surprisingly. It appeared that he had woken everyone but himself. His body was shaking uncontrollably and was twitching as sobs racked his skinny frame. He was sporadically kicking and punching at whatever his arms and legs could reach, trying to somehow protect himself from an invisible threat.

Not knowing what else to do, Jin reached out his hand and wiped the drenched hair from his face. "Shh. Shhh." He cooed. "Please don't cry, Maknae-ah. Please wake up. Kookie-ah, your hyungs are here to see you and take care of you. Everything's going to be okay."

The other members had taken ahold of Jungkook's hands, gripping tightly so as to somehow show that they were all there. 

As if he sensed their comforting presence, the shouting had died down to small bouts of hysteria. 

Little by little, the youngest quieted down and stopped kicking and tossing on the bed. 

Seeing that Jin's small gesture was working, the other members did so as well, petting Jungkook's hair or rubbing their thumbs soothingly in Jungkook's hands. Small, but comforting things that helped calm him. 

Slowly, over the course of many minutes, his shouting had become whimpers, and from whimpers to light snoring.

As soon as the members saw that their Maknae was sleeping soundly, they all let out a sigh of relief. 

"That...was intense." Rap Mon said, trying to diffuse the tension that still hung think in the air. 

"No kidding." Suga affirmed. "That kid can punch." He rubbed his sore arm as footsteps approached them.

"Oh! You managed to calm him down. That's a relief." The nurse said as she saw the boys surrounding a now quiet patient. She quickly got some equipment and inserted an IV needle into the back of Jungkook's right hand, attaching the fluids on an IV pole that stood next to the bed.

"Make sure he doesn't start fitting again, all right? If he does, it can be dangerous if he hits the needle. I'll be back to check on him in a bit." She addressed the rest of Bangtang and promptly left the room once more. 


It was a few minutes after the nurse had left. It was near 8:30 in the morning and the members still had not stopped comforting their maknae. Everyone was on edge from their scare not even 1 hour prior and had refused to do anything that might break Jungkook out of his peaceful slumber.

However, Jin soon took notice of all the yawns that the other members were letting out, which wasn't all that much of a surprise. The members had stayed up all night worrying about the Maknae, and they'd be lying if they said that they had slept between shifts because they were too concerned to rest properly.

"Dongsangs," Jin called softly to them so as to not wake Jungkook. "We should get some sleep. You're all tired and should get whatever rest you can."

At this, all the members imediatly rejected the proposition, wanting to stay with their precious maknae longer.

"What if he wakes up when we're gone? What if he thinks we don't care about him because we weren't there? What if he wants his Hopie-hyung?!" J-Hope said, horrified.

"Yeah," Jimin followed "I want to stay with Maknae, he needs us to be here with him."

Jin sighed, pinching his eyebrows together with his fingers. "I didn't mean go back to the dorms." He said while muttering "I wanted you to do something palpable, not the impossible." Instead, he added, "Just sleep here. We all need the sleep. Especially you, Suga-ah."

"What?" the second eldest asked. "Why me?"

"Because," Jin replied "if you don't sleep now, you will probably end up like Jungkookie over here. I've seen the light from your room during the night. You don't get enough sleep as it is already. I need you to do this, Suga-ah. Please respect my words, as your elder."

 As he said that, Jin knew that he had hit the nail on the head. Suga was indeed a very hardworking character and was well liked for this among Bangtang PD. However, while he was known as the sleepy member, during times of stress or nervousness, he had been known to throw himself into his work for hours on end. He locked himself into his studio for endless amounts of time and often would forget to eat out of anxiety untill one of the members had to somehow get him out and stuff food down his throat before he collapsed. Usually, it was Jungkook or Jin who took on this job. Jin was Suga's elder and therefore had control over his dongsangs. He would order Suga to get out of his office and to eat a decent meal. Whenever the threat of the Pink Princess's wrath didn't work, Jungkook was the one who got Suga out. Jungkook would go into Suga's studio and try and talk him out of the room. If that didn't work, he would put aside his pride and do agyeo just to beg him to come out. 

Just having Jin say those things to him, Suga had a distinct flashback from a few years ago:

"Jungkookie-ah" Jin called from the kitchen.

There was a ruckus and a few footsteps before the maknae stood in front of the band's 'mother' with his eyes peeking curiously at the elder. "Yes, Jin-hyung?"

"Can you try to get Suga out of his room, please. He hasn't come out in a few hours and he hasn't eaten all day, I'm getting worried." Jin requested.

"Um, I don't know if I can, Hyung, but I'll try!" Jungkook smiled happily, eager to take on the challenge.

"Woa," J-Hope said as he eavesdrop on the pair from the living room. "Jungkookie getting Suga-hyung out of his office? I'm sorry, Kookie-ah, but you know how much Suga loves his work, especially when he's hit an idea for a song."

"Well think that Kookie will do great, Hyung." V said teasingly.

"Yeah," Jimin added "So do I."

"Do you think you know more about Suga-hyung than me?" J-Hope asked exasperately. "No way!"

"In a way." Jimin said with a smirk. "How about a wager? 10 won if Jungkookie gets Suga-hyung out." He offered with V nodding his head in agreement.

"Fine. Deal." J-Hope smiled as they shook on it. "Jin, who do you think will win?"

"Oh, no. I'm not getting involved with this again." He said, remembering the last bet he had made with Namjoon that ended with him wearing a dress and being very humiliated. "Go ask Rap Mon."

"Ask me what?" said man inquired when he walked into the kitchen for a snack. 

"Rap Mon-hyung," J-Hope said. "Do you think that Suga-hyung will come out of his studio if Jungkook asked him to?"

"Hmmmm," Rap Monster thought hard, weighing the pros and cons. "Well normally I'd say yes, but since he's already past his 3 hour streek...no. Sorry Maknae-ah, but you know how Suga is."

"That's okay, Hyung." Jungkook said with a smile. "I know." Nonetheless, the Maknae wasn't willing to give up a challenge so easily. He took a deep breath and started towards Suga's room. 


"Suga-hyung?" A timid voice resounded through the room of the second eldest. 

Suga looked up from his computer and turned towards the door. "Jungkookie-ah? Is that you?"

"Yes, Hyung. Can I come in?" He asked politely, talking through the wood door. 

"Sure thing, Kookie. Come on in."

There was a soft click of the door handle and slight creek of the hinges as the Maknae opened the door. He carefully stepped into the room and closed the door behind him. Jungkook quietly padded over to his hyung's side. 

"What are you working on, Hyung?" He asked his elder. 

"Song." He curtly responded. "Need to finish."

"Can you at least eat a bit before you continue?" Jungkook asked his older brother worriedly. "It's been hours since you've come out of your room, Yoongi-hyung. This isn't good for you. Please come out. The other hyungs are worried about you too."

Suga continued to work on his computer. 

"Hyung? Did you hear me?" The Maknae asked. 

"Mmmmmmmh." The second eldest hummed second handedly.

"Hyung. Are you even listening?" Jungkook questioned, visibly upset at his hyung's behavior (not that that certain hyung knew, he was still staring at the computer.)

"Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmh." Suga responded instinctively.

"See? You're not listening to anything I'm saying!"

"Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmhhhhmmmmmmmmm."

Frustrated and worried, Jungkook raided his voice: "Suga-Hyung!"

Well that got his attention. Startled by the noise, the elder turned towards the Maknae strictly. "Ya! Jeon Jungkook! Don't raise your voice at your elders! It's not respectfu-"

He stopped when he got a good look at the younger's face, which was scrunched up in sadness, eyes cloudy and glassy, tears threatening to spill over. 

". . I'm sorry, Kookie-ah. Don't cry. Please don't cry." He said while getting out of his swivel chair seat and stood to face his dongsang properly and put a hand on his shoulders. "I'm sorry, Kookie, but PD wants a new song by next Monday. I need to finish this. I'll be out later."

"Please, Hyung!" The Maknae asked, pleading. "Monday is still a couple days away and you're almost done with the song anyways! Please come out and eat something!"

"If it's almost done then that's all the more reason to just finish it." Suga retorted. "I really need to finish this, Kookie. Missing a few meals isn't going to kill me."

"But you haven't eaten since yesterday. Please, Hyung!"

"Jungkookie, please. You know I have to-"

"Please!"

"Kookie, I need to-"

"Please please please please pleeeaaasse~!!!!" Jungkook begged, cutely fluctuating his voice and closing his eyes tight. He swayed his body side to side in a very girly manner, throwing his pride and general dislike for agyeo aside.

Suga stared at Jungkook for a few seconds before sighing, closing his computer, and ruffling the younger's hair. "Aigoo, you know I can't say 'no' Kookie."

The Maknae's mood instantly brightened and he tugged on Suga's hand, happily dragging him out of the room and into the kitchen. 

Upon their arrival, the other members awaited eagerly to see if their Maknae was comming along. Surprisingly, the youngest was gleefully bringing a worn out Hyung behind him. 

Rap Mon chocked on his tea while J-Hope full on spit his out in complete and utter disbelief.

"Woa, daebak! You actually did it!" Jin was impressed and congratulated his dongsang. 

"I didn't think it was possible!" J-Hope said dramatically.

"We win!" Jimin and V shouted, delighted that they had won a bet against their seniors. 

"Hyung?" The familiar, timid voice said to Suga. He turned and saw Jungkook holding out a plate of bibimbap with a angelic smile.

"Eat, Hyung. It's not healthy to be skipping meals to work. Your health is important too." He sagely said.

They both laughed at the antics that unfolded in front of them.

"Besides," the younger added as the two rappers begrudgingly handed over the bet money to Jimin and V who were smiling like Cheshire Cats. "I didn't use agyeo just so Jimin and V-Hyungs could win a bet."

They laughed once more as Suga took a ravenous bite out of his food.

Now, sitting at his younger's bedside, Suga smiled wistfully, despite the situation. "Some hypocrites we are, huh?" He murmured to the sleeping boy, resting his head on a small, unoccupied section of the bed and closed his eyes. 

 

 

 

 

 

I'm sorry you guys had to wait that long. Please, please comment and tell me what you think! Am I getting their personalities right? Does this sound believable? If there's anything that you could tell me in order for me to make this story better, please do so! Again, I apologize for any grammar mistakes or spelling. Once I'm done with the story I plan on going over the whole thing and fixing everything. Thank you so much for all those who subscribed! I didn't think that even one person would, so I'm so greatful for all of you who did! It really just makes me smile more everyday. 

Please do comment, though. I read every one and any information will be taken into account in the following chapters. ❤️