10 Rules - Family

Red Dragon and Moonlight

JIA POV

"Meet my family? I didn't know that visiting someone's house at 02:00 AM in the morning would be an appropriate thing to do." Me, being sarcastic as always.

"Why, that's your house afterall. Are you a runaway kid or something?"

"I don't live with my parents anymore, ok? A kind old lady has been taking care of me since my parents..!"

No, heart. I gotta finish my words. But my legs didn't have any strength. I hurriedly calm myself down and tried to drink what's left in the glass that Suho gave me before.

"At least I need to inform someone, that I'm ok."

He left me for a while and returned with a wireless home phone.

"Thanks." I grabbed the phone and start pressing the numbers. Oh, did I mention that the 2 guys from chapter 1 stole all my belongings? Must be the author's fault then.

 

It's connected! Unnie.. please answer your phone.

"Ngg.. hello?" a guilty feeling came to me when I heard her husky voice, she must be sleeping just now.

"Jaehee-unnie? It's me Jia."

"YAH! SONG JIA WHERE ARE YOU?!! DON'T YOU KNOW WHAT TIME IS IT?!"

"Unnie, please calm down first ok? Did auntie already asleep?"

"Yes just now. Where the heck are you?? She worried a lot."

"I'm sorry, please tell her too that I'm really sorry. I'll stay at a house of someone I knew. I have some matters to get done before I come home later. Please tell auntie to not worry. I'll come home soon. Love you, guys!"

"Wha-? Wait SONG-!"

*Beep!*

 

"Wow, I didn't know that I'm attractive enough to make a stranger like you stay at this place." Ten smirked.

"It's not that I want it, but since I'll be facing an important phase in my life, I wanna make sure about things that have to get done between us. Now, where are the papers that I signed before? Give it to me."

I checked the marriage form & marriage contract. Then I shredded the marriage contract paper.

"WTF brat, what you have done just now??!" his anger rised.

"I want a fair contract." Yeah, way to go, Jia! Don't let this man do anything that he wants.

"Fine!! Let's make a new one!"

 

"I wanna start first." I initiated. "I don't want my family worried too much and being suspicious about this, so we should act like a couple when they're around. That's point number 1."

"I have no problem with that, We're going to act like a real one in public, afterall."

"What do you mean?"

"You don't know who I am? Wow excuse me miss, in which era did you live in?" What a sarcastic & narcissist statement.

"Well, I'm not used to worship-ing a mafia."

"Forget it. Now's my turn." he stated. "Number 2. You must go along with me in every events I attend."

I exhaled. "Fine!" "My turn. Number 3. I want to be alone on Sundays."

He scoffed. "Ah, so you can easily have a date with someone else?"

"It's not! Not your business, though."

"Number 4. Don't in each other's business."

And there goes the next 4 rules: 5, Husband must take care of the wife's life expenses. 6, No maids. 7, Separate bedrooms. 8, No love attached.

"9, intimate contact is prohibited." I insisted that this point needs to be listed in the rules.

"10, I want my own child to be my successor." he said.

"Your own child?"

"I want a baby boy from this marriage." It took me several minutes to realize that rule number 9 and 10 are contradictive.

"!!!!!!!!!!!!!" I panickly covered my chest, which was useless because I already wear sweatshirt. But stil..

"Don't you dare!!" I warned him. But you know creature named 'man', the more you prohibit them, the more they'll feel challenged. And that'll absolutely make they more tempted.

"Ah.. really?" he & bit his lower lip, as he moved closer to me.

Dear Artemis, is this the end of my ity..? I clenched my fists, ready to punch him if he moved an inch closer to me. But he finally drew back.

 

"Do you think I'm interested with a brat like you? You're so full of yourself." He smirked. And he talked again.

"I'll change the rule for number 10. All the rules above can be changed depending on our situation in the future."

"... Fine. How long will we do this contract?" I asked.

"2 years."

"What if one of us break the rule before that?"

"Then it'll be the time to terminate our contract. And there'll be a penalty for that."

"What??"

 

 

07:00 AM

We remained silent in his car. The entire part of this car looked so modern I didn't even brave enough to move an inch.

"Is your house near this area?" he asked.

"Um, yeah. Sort of."  why I looked like a kid who got caught red handed for stealing something.

"Ah, right. We should take P-turn ahead." I talked again.

 

"Ten-ssi. Can I ask you something?"

"As long as it makes sense." Whoa, look at who's dragged me into this?? Unbelievable.

"Why do I have to agree with all of these things? You know, marriage and things.. I'm just a kid, just like you said before. Moreover, we haven't met before. Or did we?"

"No, we haven't met before." he claimed.

"Then why? Are we somehow related by something?"  And the next thing he did was stopping his car on the edge of highway road.

"Listen, for now, let's just consider that both us will have benefits from this, ok?" Then he continued to drive again.

What??? Is that how shallow he thought about marriage?! What's more, he's so full of himself.

It's not that I'm scared of him, I got really pissed to the point that I wish someday I could make him choked with one of his silver spoons.

 

We reached the neighborhood around my house in less than 20 minutes.

"Hey, how is my car supposed to fit in this road?" He asked furiously.

"That's why I told you before, 'you might wanna park your car around this area'. But you're so stubborn just because you don't wanna walk for a while." Honestly, I'm getting used to him being grumpy all the time. Then we went back to the wider area so he could park his car there.

 

We walked for 3 minutes and reached my house.

"Mom! Unnie! I'm home!"

"SONG JIA! Where have you-..." Jaehee-unnie startled with me bringing a man home for the first time.

"Ah, hello, I'm Ten." He flashed a bright smile to my sister, Jaehee-unnie only returned the smile with confused look.

"Let's talk inside." I said.

 

We're in the living room when mom rushed to hug me.

"Jia, where were you last night? I was so worried."

"Mom, I'm sorry. I won't make you worry anymore, ok?" I smiled softly.

Then she realized that I don't came home by myself. "I wonder who is this good looking boy?"

"Hello, ma'am. My name is Ten." He bowed and smiled to mom.

"Ah, thank you so much for bringing her home."

"No problem at all, ma'am. Actually, there's something I want to talk about."

"Sure, Ten. Please have a seat. Girls, I think you know what to do when we have a guest..?"

"Yes, mom~ Come here, Jia!" Unnie called me to help her preparing drink & cookies for Ten. I gave a warning look to him : Don't try talking nonsense, I'll be back in a minute.

 

I still could hear the conversation between eomma and Ten.

"Ma'am, please let me introduce myself properly. My name is Kim Ten. I worked at a company in Seoul. I'm sorry for introducing myself this late, even though I've been going out with your daughter for more than 1 year."

Ok.. What the heck did he just say?? Well, he's a good actor, to be honest.

"Yah!! I didn't know you already have a boyfriend!" Unnie complained in a low tone. I grinned awkwardly.

 

Later my big sis and I joined in the living room, I sat beside Ten since there's unnie who sat beside mom. 

"I came to meet both of you today, because I'm planning to marry Jia. Please give us your blessings." he bowed deeply.

"Are you sure? I mean, both of you are still young, right? Is there something that both of you hide from me?" mom gave us a suspicious look.

"N-no, mom! There's no particular reason. We both think that we're in appropriate age to get married." I explained carefully.

"Ah, is that so? But I have to make sure that my daughter will living a good life."

"Don't worry, ma'am. I'll take good care of her." Ten reassured mom because it seems like our family isn't familiar with this filthy rich son of a mafia.

"Alright then. When will you plan your marriage?"

"Next week, ma'am." my eyeballs felt like it'll popped out soon, fortunately mom and unnie didn't see my shocked expression. And Ten talked again.

"And I already prepared the documents before I came here." Wait, did he brought those papers earlier??

"So, it's final..?" Mom asked again to make sure.

"Yes, it is."

Ma'am let out a small sigh and began to sign the marriage form.

"I'm sorry, unfortunately I have to arrange some preparations for our marriage so I can't stay here for a long time."

"Is that so? Maybe you should come over frequently from now on, I have many things to talk to my future son-in-law." Mom, how could you be so easy going with that boy?

"Then, please excuse myself, ma'am, Jaehee-ssi." All of us stood up and walked him to our house entrance. Before he walked outside the house, he whispered to me.

"I'll pick you up at 06:00 PM to meet my family. Dress yourself properly since we're going to have dinner with them."

 

I guess I have to borrow Jaehee-unnie's dress, since I didn't have any feminine clothes in my wardrobe.

 

 

^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^

Hi~! Thank you for reading the3rd chapter!

Yes, the next chapter will be Jia's turn to meet Ten's family!! What would happen?

Please give out your opinion by commenting on a comment box below. I'll really appreciate that & will try to make better stories in the future c:

Hope I could update the next chapter soon. Again, thank you for reading! ^^

 

May 28th 2016 @ 14:45 PM KST

Love,

diquarose