Meanie

Like a Dream

!!! IM SO SORRY THIS TOOK SO LONG ;; i had planned to post so much earlier but so many things came up and now theyve just won their second show and im saoifgasdif. #WonwooProtectionSquad


 

Wonwoo was happy that they had won. This Mingyu knew for sure in the twitching of his lips and the endless shuffling of his feet. He was worried, however, when it didn't look like the shorter boy had really gotten over the shock of the moment.

Even after they had said their thanks and goodbyes to the crowd and exited the stage, Wonwoo looked to be in a daze as he was pulled into hugs by other members and some staff.

Mingyu approached him warily, "Hi."

Wonwoo turned to the voice, recognition setting into his eyes instantly. "Hey."

"Are you okay?" Mingyu asked tentatively. He didn't exactly expect Wonwoo to fall to pieces there and then, in fact he'd be very surprised if he did, but Mingyu knew that Wonwoo didn't always handle intense situations well. He'd simply shut down and operate at 30% until he was away from said situation and felt safe, where he'd crash or cry or yell – there was really a very limited number of experiences that Mingyu had to draw on.

But he thought he'd gotten pretty good at reading the other boy and the tell-tale lack of presence Wonwoo was fronting was a big warning sign.

"Yeah…" Wonwoo said, a small smile gracing his face. "I'm fine."

Mingyu pursed his lips, eyebrows drawing together with worry. Before he could question him more Mingyu was pulled away by someone wanting to congratulate him.

He didn't get another chance to speak to Wonwoo until they were leaving the building, after the timely process of thanking all the staff for their hard work. The two of them slipped into one of the cars with Seungcheol and Vernon, Wonwoo immediately slumping into Mingyu’s side.

Mingyu smiled, resting his arm across Wonwoo’s shoulders and pulling him close. It had been a long day, and although the adrenaline of winning seemed to strip them of their weariness for a short time, the exhaustion was returning full force now.

When Wonwoo’s soft snores filled the car Mingyu allowed himself to lean against the window and drift off himself.

He didn't know how much time had passed, but the next thing Mingyu knew his shoulder was being squeezed and someone was calling his name. He blinked a few times to clear his vision, spotting Wonwoo staring up at him from his place against Mingyu’s chest.

"Mingyu, we won didn't we? Did we win?" The boy asked quietly, Mingyu detecting a sense of urgency.

Mingyu smiled, reaching up to cup Wonwoo’s cheek, "Yeah, Baby. We won."

"Oh…" Wonwoo whispered, looking down in his lap as if it held all the answers. "We won…"

And then, with very little warning (not that Mingyu wasn’t expecting it), Wonwoo chocked out a short sob, burying his face in Mingyu shoulder.

Mingyu eyes widened and he had to remind himself not to panic. This was normal for Wonwoo. 

"Oh, Wonwoo." He tried to be as soothing as possible, holding the boy closer.

He saw Seungcheol turn around in the front seat, looking at Wonwoo fondly. "Shock finally wore off for him, huh?"

Mingyu chuckled lightly as Wonwoo sniffled into his shirt. "Yeah, but that's okay. You can be happy that we won now, Wonwoo. You can cry."

Hearing this only seemed to make the boy shake with a new wave of sobs.

Hansol (who had long since passed out against Wonwoo’s back) unconsciously curled himself into Wonwoo as the older boy cried harder, bringing an arm up to wrap around his waist.

"Awwww!" Seungcheol cooed at the little cuddle pile they made in the back seat, "That's so cute, wait lemme get a picture to show the others." He pulled out his phone quickly to snap a shot, Mingyu looking at his boyfriend with a disgustingly loving look on his face for effect. Wonwoo would hate it when he saw it but Mingyu was a complete sap, sue him.

Wonwoo edged away from Mingyu after a few minutes, having calmed down slightly. "Mingyu," he said, voice horse and cheeks stained with tears. "I'm so happy… I – I … we did it"

Mingyu grinned, wiping Wonwoo’s cheeks with his thumbs. "Yeah, we did."

Wonwoo tried a watery smile of his own, pushing himself up so their lips could meet. Mingyu kissed him softly, knowing that his boyfriend was usually pretty sensitive in these moods and needed to be dealt with gently.

"You taste salty." the taller boy laughed as he pulled away

Wonwoo blushed, wiping at his mouth, "Because of my tears…"

"Happy tears?"

"Happy tears." Wonwoo confirmed with a roll of his eyes.

They were both startled out of the moment when Hansol’s door was pulled open.

"We're here, lovebirds." Seungcheol told them quietly, careful not to stir the youngest too much. "I've got this kid." He grabbed Hansol, pulling him towards the door. The boy mumbled as Seungcheol instructed him to hold onto his neck, lifting Hansol onto his back. He slumped back onto the leader, probably already asleep again.

Mingyu shook his head, "You know between you, Jeonghan, and Hansol, I don't know who's worse." He poked Wonwoo’s side, holding their combined weight off the door so he could open it.

"We don't sleep that much…" Wonwoo grumbled, accepting Mingyu’s offer of a piggy back.

"Sure, babe."

Once inside the building, Jun bounded over to them, the other two cars having arrived before earlier.

“Wonwoo~!” he said amiably, “Come celebrate properly now!” Jun tugged Wonwoo off Mingyu’s back, pulling him into a tight hug.

Mingyu took the moment to make a beeline for the nearest couch while Wonwoo hugged and thanked the rest of the members, slumping into the cool leather and letting out a long breath. Jihoon joined him after a moment.

“Wonwoo’s pretty emotional about it all now, huh?” Jihoon laughed lightly. Mingyu followed his gaze to where his boyfriend was now clinging on to Jeonghan, fresh tears painting his cheeks. Mingyu chuckled.

“Yeah, I think he’s just more comfortable dealing with things like this after they happen. Where he can get away and think for a bit.” He mused softly.

“Still, it’s better than being a blubbering idiot on stage like me.” Jihoon replied.

“Aw no, that was so cu – “ Mingyu cut himself off when he saw the look on Jihoon’s face. “Very sincere of you.” He amended with a grin.

“Jihoon!”

Both of the boys looked up to see Wonwoo approaching, neither having much time to react before the dark haired boy was on Jihoon, squeezing him in an awkward looking hug.

“You’re gonna be the best producer in the whole country, Jihoon.” Wonwoo said, voice muffled by Jihoon’s hoodie.

Jihoon looked particularly uncomfortable and unsure of what to do. Mingyu just laughed. “Ahh, thanks, Wonwoo.”

“I really mean it though! Thank you so much, Jihoonie.”

“O-okay, no problem.” Jihoon laughed awkwardly, hoping that was enough cue for Wonwoo to get off him. He was getting really heavy.

When he had yet to move after a long moment, Jihoon glanced helplessly at Mingyu – who was doing his best not to fall into a fit of laughter on the floor.

Jihoon blinked, “He’s asleep, isn’t he?”

Mingyu covered his mouth, shoulders shaking with mirth. He nodded his head, “Yeah, good luck with that.” He turned to leave Jihoon stuck there under Wonwoo’s dead weight, just to tease of course.

“Mingyu!” Jihoon hissed quietly, careful not to wake up his exhausted member.

“Okay, okay.” Mingyu laughed, “Hey! Stop looking at me like that, I was kidding!” Mingyu plopped himself down right next to a bristling Jihoon so he could manoeuvre Wonwoo over to him. “Alright gimme.”

Jihoon helped lift Wonwoo onto Mingyu’s lap with some difficulty, the boy stirring a little but settling at Mingyu’s soft hushing.

“Gosh, he is heavy.” Mingyu said once Wonwoo was comfortably slumped over him.

Jihoon rolled his eyes, “He’s your boyfriend.” Before walking off to join the others.

“Yeah,” Mingyu smiled to himself, cuddling the boy closer. “He is.”

 

 


I dont really know where this came from i just saw lots of stuff about wonwoo being pretty blank faced during the broadcast and i was like okay this can be why??? lol hope you liked it, let me know~! :*