foot warmer

hold on tight

Jaehyun loves Taeyong. He really does. He loves the way Taeyong smiles, brightening his world immediately. He loves the way Taeyong is affectionate in the four walls of their home, always finding a way to dump his entire body weight on Jaehyun when they’re on the sofa. He loves Taeyong’s random naggings whenever he leaves his clothes lying around, and Taeyong’s excessive obsession with Febreeze. But even with all these things he loves about Taeyong, he couldn’t help getting upset whenever Taeyong decides to wear the indoor slippers down to the convenience store.

 

“Taeyong,” Jaehyun stops in his tracks when he spots the footwear the other man is sporting, “Didn’t I tell you to stop wearing indoor slippers out of the house?” The combination of slipper, convenience store plastic bag and down jacket forms a bizarre image, and it gives Jaehyun a headache.

 

“I forgot,” Taeyong smiles sheepishly, avoiding Jaehyun’s gaze purposefully and attempts to tiptoe his way into the kitchen, “I got you the rice you needed.”

 

“Wait, wait, stop there,” Jaehyun rushes to take the bag from Taeyong and takes off his slippers, putting it in front of Taeyong, “Don’t walk around in those slippers. Wear mine instead.

 

Taeyong had always been borderline OCD, complaining about the slightest dust or Jaehyun not washing his hands after snacking on biscuits. However, with all of Taeyong’s love for cleanliness and tidiness, Jaehyun couldn’t understand how it doesn’t translate to wanting to keep their floor spotless.

 

“Wear proper shoes when you go out next time,” Jaehyun nags, making a mental note to mop the floor later.

 

“Okay,” Taeyong promises readily, but Jaehyun knows that he will forget it in less than a day, or maybe even lesser.

 

Jaehyun sighs, and ruffles Taeyong’s hair affectionately, “I don’t want you to get sick.” To be honest, Jaehyun couldn’t care less about germs, dirt or whatsoever Taeyong worries about, and he doesn’t mind Taeyong walking around the house in outdoor shoes (as long as it is not covered with mud). But, it is winter and he doesn’t want Taeyong to catch a cold.

 

“I was in the cold for less than 2 minutes. Besides,” Taeyong toes off the slippers and rest his feet on top of Jaehyun’s, “I can do this if I get too cold.”

 

“Or you can just wear proper shoes,” Jaehyun replies and pulls Taeyong into a hug.

 

“Remind me again tomorrow then.”

 

“What will you do without me?”

 

“Nothing.”

 

Yeah, Jaehyun thinks, he probably needs to remind Taeyong for the rest of their life.

 
 
 
 
a/n: where my jaehyun doesn't feel like jaehyun and taeyong doesn't feel like taeyong. inspired by this tweet