THREE: On a roll

On The Same Page?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

On his page.

              

 

                Seventeen members are in their waiting room busily preparing for their performance in MCountdown and since Mingyu is one of the first members to finish preparing, he was there in front of a monitor watching other idols’ performance. Actually, he is waiting for a particular song to come up.

 

                “Finally.” A word escaped his mouth as soon as the first beat of Tinker bell played.

 

                                “Naneun Tinker bell (I am Tinker bell) ~” Hyunjoo’s part came and as usual, it came with a wink.

 

            She should ditch Peter pan and follow me instead. He childishly whispered to himself while containing those feels from her wink.

 

                “Mingyu.” Woozi cautiously called out his name as he sneakily pulled him on a corner of their waiting room.

 

                “I’ve got an information. I know you want it.” Woozi as he noticed the annoyed expression of Mingyu when he pulled him away from the monitor.

 

                As soon as his brain cells sensed that Woozi was talking about something that is confidential and interesting, he pulled him in the deeper corners of the room. “What is it? Tell me.” Anticipation is evident on his face and in his voice.

 

                “Dorm Address.” Then Woozi smiled widely as he witnessed the changes in expression that unraveled on his face. “Really?! Hyung, You’re the best!” Mingyu is ecstatic. “Give it to me.”

 

               “Stop being impatient. It’s not for free you know” Mingyu’s face is in disbelief. This Hyung is really something. He wouldn’t let anybody pass without something in return.

 

                “How much?” He said as he shook his head while Woozi is smiling in victory.

 

                “20,000 won”

 

                “What?! Why is it much more expensive that Wonwoo’s information?” MIngyu whined.

 

                Woozi smirked at him. “Because it comes with a PLUS.” He winked at him and left the guy standing there with his thoughts in chaos.

 

 

 

 

              It is Friday in the evening and the weather is nice. They just finished practicing and they where given the rest of the evening as their break. It was some kind of a mini-gift for them for winning their first music show award. Some of the members were sleeping, utilizing their break for resting, and some were out.

 

                 Mingyu’s roommates in particular went out and he was just there lying on his bed after a call from his parents. He is still full of his thoughts when out of nowhere, he sprung out of his bed.

 

                  “…Because it comes with a PLUS.”  Woozi’s words echoed into his mind.

 

                 Just like that, it switched on a light bulb in his head. He storms his way to Woozi’s room and finds him alone on his bed.

 

                 He handed the 20,000 won to him and said, “Hyung, give me the address and don’t forget the PLUS.”

 

                Woozi looked at him and the money back and forth, confused with his sudden act. “But why do I feel like you’re planning something dangerous?”

 

                “Trust me Hyung, I won’t do anything stupid. It will be harmless.” By his defensive tone, Woozi caught him on the spot.

 

               “Are you a stalker? Mingyu-ah you’re an idol. You’re Seventeen’s Mingyu.” Woozi warned him. It wasn’t near serious but still it was a warning.

 

           “Can’t I be the plain Kim Mingyu sometimes? Hyung, I have my sanity intact and I will promise not to put Seventeen’s name in jeopardy.” Mingyu pleaded.

 

               “I like it when you’re being dramatic.” Woozi said and laughed at his younger member. Once again he had successfully played his dongsaeng's emotions. “I know. How can I ever resist you? In fact, I want you to do good. Fighting! And please keep your promises or else S.coups hyung will kill us.” Woozi said as he handed a small piece of paper to him.

 

                    “Where is the PLUS?” Mingyu demanded.

 

                    “Ah, about that. My source said that Hyunjoo-sshi likes to go to the convenient store near that address everynight so maybe you can catch her there.”

 

                  With those informations, Mingyu immediately changes his clothes into his disguise, a gray hoodie matched with a cap and a mask.  He can't explain what he feels or why suddenly he urges to do things he shouldn't do. He knows it's kind of childish but that undeniable fluttering feeling inside him just like that feeling of a midle school teenager who wants to see his crush almost akways, urges him to do it anyway. He then goes out of the dorm to travel a 15 minute destination.

 

                    At the convenient store…

 

                 Like any actor, Mingyu became so commited with the act he is up to. He acts like he was finding something in the store just to appear like he is not waiting for someone. But at some point, he felt foolish for himself for commiting so much yet remained unproductive. He was already planning to leave when he heard a voice he is very familiar with.

 

       “Annyeonhaseyo.”

 

         It’s her. It’s her voice. He thought without even seeing her. It gave him shivers down his spine so it was enough to validate that it was her.

 

                 The convenient store was empty and all he could hear was her footsteps. He then became agitated and tried so hard to calm himself.

 

This is it. It’s now or never, Mingyu. He motivated himself.

 

                       He breathes in deeply, hoping for himself not to make any mistakes. Then, he car

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter