F I N A L

drift away

 

 

Time goes by
I look back on today, it seemed too long
It was short but I didn’t realize it
All the things that I passed by
I want to see the beautiful memories
That can’t be turned back

---

 

Seungcheol is lying down on his bed, thinking about where they turned wrong. He and Jisoo, they used t be the most popular couple. When did they actually drifting apart? And why the hell seungcheol didn’t see it coming?

But the thing is, seungcheol know that jisoo actually see this coming. And seungcheol now know where did he take a wrong turn in their relationship.

 

Sighing loudly, seungcheol ignored the buzzing from his phone that tell him that someone is calling him.

 

Jeonghan Y.

 

Jeonghan, is the X factor that Jisoo saw coming, the X factor that seungcheol didn’t think would make a wide distance between him and jisoo.

 

— Flashback

 

“so you finally notice?” jisoo asked, while writing down on his note, sitting on his bed.

“I’m your boyfr—”

 

“boyfriend?”

 

 

Jisoo cuts him of, still writing and seungcheol can feel his heart stopped for a second because of coldness in his boyfriend’s voice, before seungcheol can open his mouth to ask if there’s something wrong, jisoo beat him to it.

 

“I thought your boyfriend is jeonghan”

 

And there, seungcheol rolls his eyes. It’s another ‘jisoo jealous case’ and seungcheol is so done with it, until when jisoo gonna get mad and all silent and get jealous? Jeonghan is his friend!

 

“you’re jealous? Again? Since when you’re such a whinny jisoo? Can’t I spend time with my friend for a while? Do I really need to be with you 24/7?!” seungcheol spat, standing up from jisoo’s bed, glaring at the younger.

 

Seungcheol notice that jisoo stopped writing, but he didn’t notice the younger’s heart breaking, shattered into pieces.

 

 

“so I’m the y boyfriend? I was too clingy so you go to jeonghan?...” jisoo says lowly, keeping his eyes on his book and try to continue writing his history note but failed miserably and finally dropped his pen.

“when the last time you actually asked me out for a date?” jisoo asked, and seungcheol opens his mouth to reply, but he freeze.

 

“or, when the last time we actually eat lunch together at school? When the last time we just, meet to talk? When the last time you text me ‘good night’ or showed up on my door and walk to school together?” jisoo asked, finally look up.

 

And there, seungcheol can see how big damaged he caused on the younger, his eyes didn’t shine brightly like usual, and the younger was right, after he become friends  with jeonghan like 4 months ago, he and jisoo never really have times together. Jeonghan and jisoo are different, jeonghan play games and jisoo’s more into books, jeonghan is a party guy, jisoo more like a home boy, jeonghan is loud and jisoo more like a soft whisper of the wind. Maybe it was the things that make jeonghan feels more comfortable to be with, and without seungcheol knowing he’s neglecting his boyfriend for almost 3 months.

 

“do you even remember yesterday was our 3rd anniversary? 3 years together since you confess? And today is my birthday? Do you even remember It’s almost new year? And we promise we’ll go on a winter date for a week? After Christmas to new year?” jisoo asked, his smile is a broken looking smile, and seungcheol can’t even let out a whisper because he’s too in daze, looking on how bad he broke his boyfriend.

“looking how shock you’re, I bet you forgot” jisoo said, smiling. “too busy taking jeonghan out on dates, hum?”

 

Seungcheol swear that he can feel venoms dripping from the words that stabbing him.

 

“I always drop hint, I always want to talk to you about our relationship, about we’re drifting away and you always get mad saying I was jealous of jeonghan” jisoo continues and seungcheol starts to finds it hard to breathe.

 

“jisoo, I’m so—”

“Yeah, you’re sorry I know, you always say that after playing with jeonghan and reply my text late”

 

“bab—”

“no, don’t ‘baby’ me seungcheol-ah…” jisoo said, looking back down on his note but not taking his pen back on his beautiful fingers.

 

There’s a mere silence before jisoo opens his mouth again. And this time, seungcheol feels like his heart was stabbed with a dagger.

 

“I love you seungcheol, but I think it’s time to move on, since you obviously already moved on 3 months ago…” jisoo said, void of emotion, since he’s been hurting too much to even cry. “you know where’s the exit right?...... Seungcheol-ssi?”

 

— Flashback end

 

 

Seungcheol promised jisoo that he’ll make sure no one gonna hurt him like his exboyfriends and here, he hurts jisoo even more than those exboyfriends ever did.

 

 

 

---

 

 

And then you became a part of my memories
Happiness oh and Sadness oh
Am I wrong for hoping
That all of it would come back to me