Prologue

Midnight Madness

Five pair of eyes looked up when somebody suddenly came and slammed their hands on the table. They stared in curiosity as the boy lowered himself on the bench with a loud huff. But, the curiosity didn't lasted for long as they slowly began to drift away and went back to what they were doing before. The newcomer didn't noticed at first but when he did, he widened his eyes in disbelief.

"Aren't you guys going to ask me or something?"

"I don't care." A black-haired boy said first without looking.

The former gasped and clutched his chest with a dramatic offended look. "That's barbaric!"

"Byun Baekhyun, putting up with your diva is barbaric and you don't hear me complaining about it." He calmly responded while taking a sip of his drink.

"Why are you so mean, Tao?" Baekhyun faked a sob. "We have been friends since I lent you my pants when you peed in class at first grade."

"You promised not to bring that up ever again!" Tao flailed while looking around wildly, ensuring nobody was listening.

Baekhyun scoffed. "Yeah? Well, I lied."

"You little piece of --"

"Eating here." Minseok interrupted while waving his half-eaten sandwich to prove his point.

"Well, keep eating!" Tao snapped while glaring at him. Then, he stood up and made a move to strangle the smug-looking Baekhyun. Thankfully, Kyungsoo jumped to the rescue and pulled him to his seat back.

"Talk it out nicely, guys." Joonmyeon reprimanded.

"Yes and calm the down." Kyungsoo hissed. "What's got your in a twist in the first place anyway?"

Baekhyun huffed and crossed his arms as he thought of his anger all over again. Kyungsoo raised a brow when he showed no sign of protesting the idiom as usual. He concluded the latter must be real pissed off to let it slip because Baekhyun always made it a point to exclaim that he never actually wear a in his entire life.

"That pea-brain idiot." Baekhyun muttered angrily.

"Luhan?"

"Oi!"

"No, that Park ing Chanyeol of course."

"Someone calls my name?" Just then, the very said person waltzed to their table with a huge, creepy grin. Curse Baekhyun and his damn bad luck because Park Chanyeol meant the rest of the gang as well.

"Damn it, Baek. There comes the little ." Luhan groaned loudly.

"Who are you calling little , Barbie?" Oh Sehun came strolling right behind Chanyeol with his hands deeply shoved into his pockets. He had a scowl on his eternally emotionless face and Luhan was honestly just itching to throw something to that godly ugly face. And he did.

"WHY THE YOU THROW A ING APPLE IN MY FACE?"

"You called me Barbie." Luhan shrugged with an evil glint in his eyes. "And your face is kind of asking for it anyway."

Glaring with the utmost hatred he could muster, Sehun slowly backed off until he reached the first table he could find without looking. He blindly reached his hand behind him and grabbed the first thing his hand came in contact with. Without a second thought, he brought it to the front and threw it directly into Luhan's face. Oh, he was lucky. It hit the boy right in the face and it was a carton of opened milk.

It was silence for a brief moment. Everyone was watching while holding their breath in anticipation as Luhan slowly brought his hand up and wiped the dripping milk from his face. Then, he looked up and his eyes were fixed on Sehun's.

"This is war." He said curtly and all hell just broke loose. The next moment they knew, Luhan had already acquired a bunch of foods in his hold and it came flying right into Sehun's face. Not wanting to lose, Sehun quickly scrambled to get his own share of weapons and returned the gesture in the same manner.

The rest of them shared a look with each other before Baekhyun abruptly stood up and yelled. "FOOD FIGHT!"

Let's just say they were pretty much screwed already because who would ever said no to a good food fight? Do not answer that because the answer was obvious already as foods were flying all over the place. At the same time, two newly arrived students watched in horror as they witnessed the scene.

"What in the hell is happening here?" The shorter one questioned loudly amidst all of the shoutings.

"Oh hi, Heechul hyung, Hankyung hyung." Yixing greeted as he tossed a handful of lettuce to a nearby student. "We are just having a food fight here. Take that, you little er!"

Heechul widened his eyes in surprise. He was unable to decide he's more surprised of the current situation or the fact that the younger had quite a filthy mouth himself. Probably both though.

"This seems pretty fun."

"No, it's not!" He slapped the taller's arm in disapproval. "We have to stop them."

Hankyung raised his eyebrow. "I don't think so." He motioned to the entrance of the cafeteria and chuckled while Heechul's jaw literally dropped to the floor.

"."

~~X~~

All of them flinched as the cane came in contact with the desk. They kept their heads down and suddenly found their feets very interesting because nobody was obviously brave enough to meet eyes with the fuming man before them.

"It's already the third time for this month!" The man bellowed furiously while slamming the cane again. "What is wrong with all of you? What is the exact problem?"

"Him!" Luhan and Sehun answered in unison while pointing at each other. They immediately came into an unspoken mutual agreement to lower their hands though when the principal shot them a stern glare. The two bowed their heads in embarassment but silently cursing the other students, who were quick to put the blame on them when the principal walked into the cafeteria just now and asked for the culprits. Those little traitors.

The principal let out a heavy sigh before placing the cane aside and sat down. Resting his chin on top of his clasped hands, he stared at them one by one with a stern look. "I'll give you another chance. I don't care how and I don't even want to know about it but all of you must be on a civilized term with each other by the end of this month or I will start writing your expulsion letter. So, are we clear here?"

"..yes." They reluctantly mumbled in response.

"I can't hear you."

"Yes, sir."

"Good."

The principal gestured to the door and all of them instantly scurried to get out of the room. They made sure the middle-aged man was already focusing on his paperwork when they began elbowing each other as they walked out of the door. But, they didn't noticed the other two figures watching them from the side and the countless sighs from the shorter of the two.

"This guys are so going to be the death of me." He commented in a tired voice.

The other scoffed in response. "You're already dead."

"Just literally, idiot."

"Do you have a plan then?" He motioned at the glaring match between the group of students. "Because from what I see, screw the principal. He needs a bloody miracle if he wants them to be civil with each other."

"Oh, please. I always do." He flipped his imaginary long hair as he said so. Then, they spent the rest of their time watching the group of students sneakily began fighting once again though they made sure nobody was around to witness it this time and report them to the principal all over again. Hoping for a miracle in the making indeed.