C02

The Librarian
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Mark smiles at his bestfriend after he sits next to him and hands him a bottle of drink. Jaebum takes it but he just hold on to it. Mark looks at his injured ankle.

 

“How’s your leg ?” Jaebum moves his leg a bit as he looks at it.

“Hurt but I’m fine.” Jaebum smiles. “They must be going out to celebrate their victory.” Jaebum said as watching his teammates in joy.

“Yours as well.” Mark said.

“Could say that if I don’t lose my focus back there. Such a shame for a captain to do a mistake.” Mark pats his shoulder and smiles.

“Everyone did a mistake and probably going to every seconds so don’t blame yourself.” Jaebum chuckles as he shakes his head. Mark is always good with the words.

“Hyung hyung !” Yugyeom runs towards them while calling out for Jaebum. “How’s your leg ?”

“It’s fine. Don’t bother yourself. Go have fun, you won the game.” Jaebum smiles.

“I want you to come with us. You are our captain.” Said Yugyeom.

“I don’t think he could make it, Yugyeom.” Mark disagreed with his idea.

“I see .. We could celebrate it in your room or even here.” Jaebum laughs at Yugyeom’s desperate idea.

“No Yugyeom, just go. Besides, I’m tired for a party. Maybe we can hangout with others later, okay ?” Jaebum ruffles the maknae’s hair, trying to light up the sad face.

“Okay .. Please take care.” Jaebum nods before sends Yugyeom.

“Wanna go back to your dorm ?” Mark asked as soon as the maknae left them both.

“Yes please, I’m exhausted. But we need to get my stuff in the locker room.” Mark nods.

“Okay, Jae.”

 

Mark helps Jaebum to stand up before make their way slowly to the locker room. Jaebum stops dragging his foot and signs Mark to let him sit on the bench near to the door of the locker room. He hisses a bit when he touches his leg and Mark couldn’t be more concern to see his bestfriend in this situation.

 

“Are you alright ?” Jaebum nods.

“Don’t worry. I’ll put on some medicine and it will be fine. Can you get my stuff in my locker along with the first aid ? It’s tiring to drag myself in and out again.” Mark accepts his request by nodding his head. “You know my password, right ?”

“Of course, I do. The day you start to play basketball, right ?” Jaebum chuckles before nods slowly. “Wait here. I’ll be back soon.”

“Take your time. Where else I can go with this leg ?” Mark rolls his eyes and walks into the locker room.

 

While waiting for Mark, Jaebum checks on his leg and it seems a little bit swollen at the ankle. Jaebum tries to wear the shoe that he hold all the way to the locker room as his foot is bandaged but the moment it touches his foot, it hurts bad so Jaebum decided to let it be and puts his shoe next to him. Jaebum looks up to a figure when he detected a sudden movement and he is quite surprised to see Jinyoung infront of him.

 

“Ji-Jinyoung ?” Jaebum stutters.

“You know my name, that’s good.” Jinyoung said while picks Jaebum’s shoe and sits down next to him.

 

, I forgot that he doesn’t know me. Jaebum thought.

 

Jaebum mentally hits his head as he just revealed his secret. Jinyoung might think that Jaebum is some kind of creepy stalker though Jaebum really insists that he is not creepy. But then, it hits Jaebum. Jinyoung called his name before so maybe Jinyoung knows him. Worse, Jinyoung noticed him stalking and it is not good as it gives a bad impression to Jaebum’s crush. While Jaebum is lost in his war of mind, Jinyoung bends down a bit to look at Jaebum’s injured leg.

 

“It’s swollen a bit. You need to put ice on it before it turns bad.” Jaebum blinks when he heard Jinyoung.

“What ? Ah, okay.” Jaebum nods a bit before looks down on his lap.

 

There is an awkward moment of silence between these two person. Jaebum is thinking again whether he should say something and if he should, what kind of thing he needs to talk about. Should he tell Jinyoung the truth because he kind of exposed himself just now ? Or should he ask him why he kissed Jaebum in the other day and how he knows Jaebum’s name ? Jaebum bites his lower lip as he couldn’t decide.

 

“Sorry.” Said the librarian.

“What ?” Jaebum blinks.

“Sorry .. for kissing you the other day.” Jaebum blushes when he remembers it and nods.

“Ah .. Okay.”

“But actually, I-“ Jinyoung stops talking as he rubs his nape. “I mean .. I saw you in the library quite often these days and ..” Jaebum feels embarrassed when he heard him and takes a deep breath.

“I’m sorry, Jinyoung.” Said Jaebum with his eyes shut tight.

“What ?” Jaebum sighs and turns to face the librarian.

“I know it sounds ridiculous but I went to the library because of you.” Jinyoung looks at him – surprised. “N-No no, listen first. I’m not a creepy stalker that obsess with you and want to kill you. NO. But I just have a little crush on you and I want to know you more because I don’t see you before. That’s why I went to the library like almost everyday. I even drag my bestfriend to accompany me.” Jaebum chuckles when he imagines Mark’s bored face. “So yeah .. sorry.” Jinyoung sighs.

“I’m disappointed.” Jaebum feels hurt when he heard Jinyoung said it. He knew it will be like this. “You just have a little crush on me when I totally fall in love you.”

“I know, I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to scare you-“ Jaebum stops. “What did you say again ?”

“I feel hurt, Im Jaebum.” Said Jinyoung.

 

What the heck is happening here ? Jaebum thought.

 

“Even though I’m an art major student, I don’t spend much of my time in the library with the books but with drawing instead. It was boring that day and I wanted to draw something new so I went to the library but I never expect to see such a beautiful man shoot a 3-pointer ball.” Jinyoung said and looks at Jaebum. “It such a beautiful scene that I don’t want to miss any so I decided to go again and again and again till I choose to stay there as a librarian. I watched him

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter