C01

The Librarian
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jaebum bounces the ball few times while his eyes are moving around, looking for the right timing to shoot. Jaebum passes the ball to his teammate, Yugyeom and runs to the centre before receives the ball back from Yugyeom and tries to make a 3-pointer shoot. The ball feels like floating in the air for years as waiting for the result and---

 

Jaebum walks out from the changing room with his hands inside of the pockets before his teammate attack him from behind. Yugyeom clings onto his neck and smiles brightly, says, “Let’s go out and have something to eat together since we’ve won, thanks to the captain.”

Jaebum chuckles and pats Yugyeom’s hand, “Thanks but not today. I have to send back the book to the library that I borrowed for my assignment. The date is today.” Yugyeom frowns.

“Hyuung ~ Don’t ruin the moment please.” Jaebum chuckles and ruffles his hair.

“Fine. I’ll join you guys later. Go without me first.” Yugyeom, somehow doesn’t believe him. “Really. I’ll be there. Just give me half an hour.” Yugyeom makes a face and points at him.

“You better or I’ll throw away your Bart cap.” Jaebum scoffs and tries to kick Yugyeom’s but he has already ran away to save his life.

“You better don’t, you evil maknae !” Jaebum heard Yugyeom’s laugh from afar before chuckles and shakes his head.

 

Jaebum drags himself to his room to get the books. He has no choice but to do it now or he’ll get the fine. It’s already late evening and Jaebum is exhausted from the game. He walks into the room, passing by Youngjae, his roommate who is turning his chair around to watch Jaebum dragging his legs, literally to his study table.

 

“You lost ?” Jaebum looks at Youngjae with a questioning look. “You look unhappy.”

“I’m tired.” Jaebum focus back on looking the books.

“So you won.”

“Of course I did. How dare you questioning it ?” Jaebum mumbles insatisfied and grabs the books on his shelf. Youngjae laughs as watching his behaviour.

“Hyung, I’m sorry. It’s just I’m surprised you back earlier than I thought and your face doesn’t show a victory.” Said Youngjae.

“I’m just back for these books. I thought you have a vocal training today.” Asked Jaebum.

“I do but later. I’m just finishing my assignment first before I run to Mr. Park.” Jaebum nods.

“Good luck. Don’t forget your tea. Your throat seems hurt.”

“It does. Can you buy some more for me ? I’m almost running out of my tea.” Jaebum nods.

“Sure, I’ll stop by to your favourite shop. Bye.”

 

Said Jaebum as he walks out of his room with Youngjae waves to him along the way out. Jaebum checks his watch on his wrist and it’s 20 minutes before the library is closed. Jaebum quickly makes his way there and pants a bit when he arrives at the door. He drained all of the energy before in the game and now he left nothing but a soul in the body. He sighs loudly before takes a deep breath, walking into the library, approaching the counter. There’s no one there and Jaebum decided to ring the bell.

The sound of the ringing bell travels around the library but no movement can be seen. Jaebum tried again but it still the same. He sighs and lays his head on the counter, too tired to stand up properly and leans against the counter for help.

 

“Yes ?” A voice comes from his front. Jaebum peeks up and sees the librarian. He blinks.

“I- I-“ He found himself stutters and clears his throat. “I want to give back the book I borrowed.”

 

The librarian takes the book that Jaebum puts on the counter and scans the barcode while Jaebum standing there – breatheless. He’s looking at the most perfect creature he ever seen. His black hair, nicely brushed to the side, his neat white shirt and his dreamy eyes. Jaebum couldn’t take his eyes off him and stuttering.

 

“Done. You may go now.” The librarian said before he focus his job on the computer.

“So did you ask for his name ?” Jaebum sighs to his bestfriend.

“No. I can’t. I couldn’t say anything so I left before I do anything stupid.” His friend sighs.

 

Mark has been his friend since highschool. Mark is an athelete as well but in Taekwondo but he is more famous to be the President of Student Council. There is always a rumour saying that Mark is Jaebum’s boyfriend and people keep making a bet on who tops who. Mark chuckles as he watches Jaebum sighs on his seat, not even bother to touch his drink and sinks in the disappointment. Mark grabs his hot chocolate and sips a bit.

 

“Then what do you want to do now ?” Jaebum looks up to him.

“What can I do ?” Mark chuckles and puts his drink on the table.

“If it’s hard for you to introduce yourself to him, why don’t you go to the library more often. He probably recognised you one day.” Jaebum squints his eyes.

“I have practice.” Mark sighs.

“I’m just suggesting, Jae babe.” Mark takes another sip of his drinks before said something that makes Jaebum blushes, “You can ask me to accompany if you want to confess to him.”

“Shut up.” Jaebum covers his half of his face with his hood and drinks his latte, with Mark laughing at the background.

 

Jaebum never let Mark’s suggestion goes waste because he appreciates Mark’s smart brain. He changed his schedule so he will have a time to spend in the library. Jaebum found himself awkward on the first day of trial since he went for no reason. He just sat there and looked aroun

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter