CAPTER THREE: WHO YIFAN HATES

Pause

Title: Pause

Author: ByunBunso

Genre: Angst, Romance, School!AU

Description: When Byun Baekhyun lose everything and was accused of being the Cursed Child, Park Chanyeol entered the scene, saving the midget from every trouble. Up until EXO, the student council came and every hidden past was uncovered…

 

 

CHAPTER 3: WHO YIFAN HATES

 

Chanyeol did not know about Baekhyun and Yifan’s past. Baekhyun did not know also about Chanyeol and Junmyeon’s relation at all.

 

They did not know anything about each other at all, but they already trust each other so much.

 

---

 

The whole EXO gathered on the Private Room located at the fifth floor of the University’s main building, which was built exclusively just for their use. It was class hours, but since they are EXO so they were an exemption, just luring and having the time of their lives in their private room.

 

Well, it is not as if they would fail anyways. They are EXO for a reason, and not attending classes would never effect their grades, because everybody knew how much a genius they are.

 

Baekhyun was then watching Luhan solved the Rubik’s cube. He was fascinated on the way Luhan fixed the puzzling cube with full of concentration and in an unimaginable speed.

 

“Aren’t you bored there just watching me to solve this?” Luhan chuckled, averting his gaze to Baekhyun who by that time was having a pinkish cheeks because the former just acknowledged his presence, which was something that the former was not used to.

 

Baekhyun frantically shook his head and said, “No, not at all. I find it mesmerizing, though.”

 

The elder lightly laughed and messed the younger’s hair, gaining a pout from the latter. “You know what, you remind me of somebody who used to be that mesmerized with me.” Luhan mumbled with a smile plastered on his face, but Baekhyun was not naïve to not notice the sadness behind it.

 

Luhan’s eyes were visible enough, and even if Baekhyun was not used talking to other people, he decided to start the communication with the elder, brows met at the middle because of worried and curiosity.

 

“Who is it?”

 

A sigh left Luhan’s lips, and said while scratching his nape and not meeting Baekhyun’s stare, “Someone who broke me, and will never bring me back again.”

Baekhyun frowned, and maybe his new friend needed some advice from somebody who knew nothing like me, and so he spoke.

 

“I really don’t know what the problem is, and well, on the first place, I really don’t know you that well but I consider you as my friend already.” Baekhyun bit his lower lip and decided to sit beside Luhan and managed to give a small smile, “Hyung, sometime you really just need to be broken for the time that someone will bring you back, you will be stringer to continue life.”

 

Luhan fidgeted his fingers on the cube, returning Baekhyun’s gaze as the latter continued, “A crack in a broken glass indicates the strength it has and not the weakness it possesses.”

 

Luhan was stunned on his place. It was like Baekhyun’s words were slowly being processed by his brain, decoding it like it was some complicated idiom. He could not process the meaning, he could not understand the meaning itself.

 

“You may not understand right now, but when that happened, you will surely know.” Baekhyun said, tapping the shoulder of the elder.

 

Even before Luhan could even say another word, somebody caught his attention.

 

Sehun was walking towards him, head glued on the floor but his soft voice echoed in Luhan’s ears, “Hyung, can we talk?”

 

Luhan’s heart jumped. It was almost a week since he heard Sehun talked to him and even if he was such an idiot but he did admit it that it was still the voice that he hate yet he so love.

 

Giving Baekhyun a look, Luhan asked for his permission which was answered by an expected nod and so, even half-hearted and confused, he went to Sehun who hold his hand abruptly which made Luhan flinched, but regardless, Luhan just let Sehun to squeeze his hand and they went to the kitchen for some privacy.

 

And maybe that will happen, then he will finally understand.

 

---

 

Baekhyun watched Luhan and Sehun’s back as they talked by the kitchen’s counter, moving afar from the others.

 

It seemed like the two will have a heart-to-heart talk, and Baekhyun could only wish to know what’s the story behind those two love birds.

 

Baekhyun looked around the room to find Tao and Jongin playing Wii while Kyungsoo was sitting beside Jongin, feeding the latter with chips, Junmyeon and Yixing was busy on the small office, organizing some events which they said will be announced later on, Minseok and Jongdae on the other hand, were eavesdropping on Luhan and Sehun, which Luhan saw and that’s why he threw a spatula at the duo, who fortunately dodged the spatula.

 

A smile was plastered on Baekhyun’s lips as he watched the scene unfolds in front of him but everything seemed vanished when he saw Chanyeol, walking out from the bathroom with a wet hair, white tee hugging his well-toned body and a baggy pants hanging dangerously low around his waist. Baekhyun did not noticed that he was staring already with a blush on his cheeks that instantly he realized when Chanyeol frantically waved his hands, catching the former’s attention.

 

Baekhyun blinked repeatedly, trying to gather his senses back and when he was able to do so, he covered his cheeks with his palms and watched Chanyeol mouthed the words, “Later. Talk. You and me.” Baekhyun nodded with a smile as he could not understand why Chanyeol needed to do that if he could approach him on the first place.

 

Until somebody threw a spatula on Chanyeol which hit him on the head. With a pout, Chanyeol looked at Jongdae with a snickering Minseok behind him and said, “Why did you do that?!”

 

“You look like a god, go and change your shirt before you make our Baekhyun drool!” Jongdae snickered, throwing a mischievous look at Baekhyun who choked with his own spit and now coughing, trying to gain his composure back.

 

A flash of blush registered on Chanyeol’s cheeks before he abruptly ran to an empty room, squealing in his mind how idiot he was and how cute Baekhyun looked like.

 

Baekhyun then suddenly could say that Chanyeol really made a great impact on Baekhyun’s life. He was someone Baekhyun treasured and will continue to treasure.

 

“Baekhyun, I will cook kimchi spaghetti. Make sure that you will taste it, okay?” Kyungsoo suddenly appeared beside Baekhyun, flopping beside the latter with a grin. Baekhyun flinched a bit, looking at Kyungsoo, “Kimchi spaghetti?”

 

Then Jongin followed suit, putting his hand on Baekhyun’s hair, ruffling it a bit, “It is Kyungsoo hyung’s specialty. It is really delicious!” Jongin took initiative to answer Baekhyun for Kyungsoo, who was busy scowling at Jongin for intervening without permission. Jongin just sent a wink to Kyungsoo before returning back to play with Tao, again.

 

Baekhyun examined Kyungsoo who was squirming beside him, murderously squeezing the throw pillow while muttering, and “I hate you, Kim Jongin.”

 

“Do you really hate him?”

 

“Huh?” Kyungsoo dropped the pillow and blushed.

 

“Kim Jongin. Do you hate him?” Baekhyun just watched Kyungsoo as he scratched the back of his nape and pouted, “No. He is special for me.”

 

Special.

 

That was something Baekhyun could not understand.

 

---

 

Everyone was sitting with folded legs and on circles with Junmyeon’s instructions.

 

The president said, “We need to go to some camping.” Which made half of the members groan because camping means body aches and half cheered because camping also means no classes.

 

“Why? What’s the essence of going to some camping, Junmyeon hyung?” Chanyeol asked, chin resting on his palm as he asked with a –not-really-interested tone.

 

“Well, before we officially announce that you and Baekhyun are part of EXO already, we need to be bonded and such as.”

 

“We had also reserved the camping ground for three day, starting this Friday, so yeah.” Yixing said.

 

Baekhyun and Chanyeol nodded, saying that they understand and they will cooperate.

 

“Tss, you are really such a nuisance, Byun.” Yifan chuckled, standing up and going away from them which made Tao to run after him.

 

Baekhyun looked down, tears starting to form on his eyes. Yifan really hates him, didn’t he?

 

But all of his insecurities vanished when Chanyeol laced their fingers together, giving the former’s hand a gentle squeeze, assuring him that everything will be fine.

 

Minseok then spoke up, “Don’t worry, Baekhyun-ssi. Yifan is just tired because his professors gave him tons of projects, he didn’t mean it.” Sending a gentle smile to Baekhyun.

 

But Baekhyun knew more than them.

 

Yifan hates him, and that’s something he could not deny.