CHAPTER TWO: THE EXO

Pause

Title: Pause

Author: ByunBunso

Genre: Angst, Romance, School!AU

Description: When Byun Baekhyun lose everything and was accused of being the Cursed Child, Park Chanyeol entered the scene, saving the midget from every trouble. Up until EXO, the student council came and every hidden past was uncovered…

 

 

CHAPTER TWO: THE EXO

 

Baekhyun woke up with a throbbing headache, and blinding lights.

 

Everything was blurry, but he could see a figure—no—it’s figures.

 

“Yah, Baekhyun is awake!”

 

He remembered that he was bullied, and eggs were thrown to him, Park Chanyeol then showed up as if he was protecting him, then a total darkness.

 

That’s all he could remember. So where these so many figures came from?

 

“Baekhyun? It’s me, Chanyeol.” Baekhyun adjusted his eyesight, blinking and squinting his lids repeatedly and he easily noticed Chanyeol’s face which caused him to smile, sending an appreciative but a silent ‘thank you’ to his saviour.

 

Chanyeol held Baekhyun’s hand tightly as if he did not want to let go of the latter.

 

“I will not let you to get hurt again, Baekhyun. I promise.” Chanyeol said, looking in Baekhyun’s eyes.

 

Baekhyun suddenly felt a hot sensation in his system, feeling tears on his stinging eyes and before he could even think, he grabbed Chanyeol’s neck and hugged the latter tightly, burying his face on Chanyeol’s chest as Chanyeol soothed Baekhyun by wrapping his arms on the former’s waist.

 

Baekhyun smiled on Chanyeol’s chest and for once, he felt safe.

 

---

 

Baekhyun was leaning on the clinic’s bed while there were ten boys standing before him. Well, Chanyeol was still holding his hand, sitting on the edge of his bed.

 

Baekhyun knew one of the ten boys and he told himself not to bother the boy anymore because even the boy was not staring at him and not bothering him at all. So even if he was hurt, he did not care at all and just squeezed Chanyeol’s hand.

 

Jongdae then cleared his throat to catch everyone’s attention and began, “We, the EXO, decided to help Park Chanyeol on protecting you, Byun Baekhyun. It will be our greatest pleasure to help a student who has a great potential yet being ignored by the whole population, like you.” He smiled.

 

“But to be able to do that, we need you two to cooperate with us.” Jongdae paused and looked at Baekhyun then at Chanyeol. “We need you two to be part of EXO.”

 

Baekhyun looked at Chanyeol as if he was asking for the younger’s decision, which was instantly replied by a nod.

 

“Okay, we will. Just be sure that Baekhyun will be protected and everything will go well between us all.”

 

Baekhyun stared at Chanyeol, scrutinizing the boy sitting beside him with wide eyes.

 

Why did he want to protect me so bad? What did I do to deserve his kindness?

 

From what Baekhyun could remember, he did nothing to Chanyeol but to ignore the latter. Whenever Chanyeol came to him, he did not even spare even a glance to him. He did nothing but to be a jackass lad who always pushed Chanyeol away.

 

Yet now, Chanyeol was with him, and protecting him.

 

---

 

Baekhyun was again resting but not on the clinic’s bed anymore but on the bed of the exclusive dorm for EXO.

 

Chanyeol took a glance over the sleeping Baekhyun and he proceeded to talk with Junmyeon, who was drinking coffee on the diner’s table at the moment. He sat beside him, and Junmyeon’s attention diverted onto him, sending him a warm smile.

 

“You know how much I hate you, Junmyeon—”

 

“—and my little guts? Yeah, yeah. You have said that to me a couple of times already, Chanyeol.” Suho cut Chanyeol in the middle of his sentence which sent Chanyeol to glare at him, irritated.

 

Junmyeon just chuckled, ignoring the bitterness on Chanyeol’s face which made Chanyeol to sigh, “Aish, just… I will trust you only this time again, hyung.”

 

Hyung.

 

Junmyeon suddenly paused and unbeknownst to him a smile creep on his lips as Chanyeol walked to where the other members were.

 

It’s so good to hear his dongsaeng calling him hyung once again.

 

Not to mention that it had been years since Chanyeol called him that, since that happened.

 

Junmyeon glanced at Baekhyun’s room and whispered, inaudible enough for Chanyeol not to hear, “If only you can bring back my brother’s trust to me, I will never fail, again.”

 

---

 

“Ah! Not my phone, hyung!”

 

“Aigoo, I am just borrowing it. What’s your problem?”

 

“B-but hyung…!”

 

“Why? Is there something that you are hiding in your phone?”

 

 

“O-of course, none!”

 

Baekhyun flinched from his sleep, waking up because of the noise echoing on the four walls of the room. He covered his whole face with a pillow and groaned.

 

He was not use with the noise, and this nose was something new to him and to his ears, and he did not know if he liked it or not.

 

“Shh, you are waking him up!”

 

“It is not my fault!”

 

Baekhyun sat down and rested his head to the headboard, looking around to see two EXO members, Jongin and Kyungsoo.

 

“What were you guys doing? You were creating too much noise.” He pouted and then he let out a long yawn.

 

Baekhyun saw Jongin tapped Kyungsoo’s back, motioning the elder to explain, which made Kyungsoo to glare accusingly at Jongin before turning to Baekhyun, “Uhm, sorry for waking you up, Baekhyun. As you can see, we were tasked to look after you but this guy here was so noisy!”

 

“A-aww! Kyungsoo hyung!”

 

Kyungsoo pinched and twisted Jongin’s ear which made for the latter to turn crimson red.

 

The midget laughed to the scene in front of him.  “Really guys, both of you were really noisy!” he managed to say in between of laughter.

 

Kyungsoo and Jongin paused for they didn’t usually see Baekhyun laugh at school and this was just new to them to see Baekhyun like this. It was like a miracle.

 

But then Baekhyun suddenly remembered something, shooting up from the bed and eyes panicking looking for something. He was just not comfortable without that.

 

“D-did you see my MP3?” he asked but the boys just exchanged a weird look to each other, as if remembering where they last saw the said thing.

 

Then the person that Baekhyun tried ignoring a while ago, that certain giant that he used to love, suddenly appeared from the door, holding Baekhyun’s MP3 on his right hand. He walked towards Baekhyun which gave warning for Baekhyun to run but being the wimp he is, he only managed to flinch on the bed, and clenching the sheet as if it could save his dear life.

 

“Still affected with my presence, eh Baekhyun?”

 

Baekhyun clenched his fist around the sheet, and he felt tears flowing out from his eyes.

 

It’s Yifan. His ex.