CHAPTER ONE: LITTLE DID THEY KNOW

Pause

Title: Pause

Author: ByunBunso

Genre: Angst, Romance, School!AU

Description: When Byun Baekhyun lose everything and was accused of being the Cursed Child, Park Chanyeol entered the scene, saving the midget from every trouble. Up until EXO, the student council came and every hidden past was uncovered…

 

 

CHAPTER ONE: LITTLE DID THEY KNOW

 

Byun Baekhyun lives on his own ever since.

 

He has no family because all of them died in a tragic plane crash, leaving him alone. He should die when that accident happened but like a miracle, he survived. With that accident, everyone pushed him away to the corners so he got no friends. He is called as “The Cursed Child”, a reputation which any human will never wished to have.

 

He had nobody and nothing else but his treasured MP3 player which he always use to escape the cruel reality.

 

 

Little did he know, there’s a certain Park Chanyeol who is willing to be his friend. Or maybe, something more than that.

 

Park Chanyeol grew in a one, big, and happy family in contrast of Baekhyun. Yes, his family is not that perfect, but he could be considered as one of those lucky kids. He also has many friends and admirers—may it be a boy or girl—because he has this positive outlook in life. He is called as “The Happy Virus”, and he wants for everybody to always be happy.

 

Little did he know, there’s a certain Byun Baekhyun who is not affected of his so-called virus.

 

---

 

“Baekhyun, can you please talk to me?”

 

Chanyeol asked Baekhyun for the umpteenth time but he still got no response from the latter.

 

“Can’t you just even spare a look at me?”

 

He tried asking one more time but Chanyeol noticed that there’s an earphone plugged in Baekhyun’s ears and Baekhyun was looking far away out of the window, not even bothering the presence he could feel from his surroundings.

 

In vain, Chanyeol let out a long sigh and said, “I just want you to be my friend.” He pouted and stole one last glance on the midget before he left the room, leaving Baekhyun alone again.

 

But then Baekhyun’s lips form a smile and he let go of the pause button he’s pressing a while ago.

 

“Sorry Chanyeol, but if we become friends, you will lose that smile and I cannot afford that.” But deep inside, Baekhyun felt so happy to know that there’s a person who wanted to be his friend.

 

---

 

“Yah, throw more eggs at him!”

 

“Hahaha! He looks so funny!”

 

“Serves you right, Cursed Child!”

 

Chanyeol's feet abruptly run to the school plaza, where he heard some yells and a disturbing sound of cry. He just knew that they were hurting him again, and he could not afford to see him in pain.

 

“Yah, stop that!” Chanyeol quickly grabbed the wrist of the guy who was about to throw another egg to Baekhyun.

 

Madness consumed Chanyeol’s system as he took a glance to Baekhyun who was lying at the ground, full of yolks and was surrounded by shells all around him. Chanyeol knew that the boy was sobbing by the way his chest moved.

 

“What are you doing, Park?! Let go of me!” Before the boy could even do anything, Chanyeol punched the boy’s face and he growled to all of the people who were watching the scene, yet done nothing but to laughed, “Touch him or hurt him once more and I will make this school a bloody hell!”

 

Everyone was taken aback to hear those words coming out from Chanyeol’s mouth. They did not know that there was this kind of side that actually exists in Chanyeol. Who could have thought that the toothy smile Park Chanyeol was even capable of getting mad?

 

And that’s when EXO, the student council which consists of ten hot looking boys, appeared at the back of Chanyeol but in front of Baekhyun, suddenly. One of them run towards Baekhyun to check him out and one caught everyone’s attention by saying calmly, “We surely cannot allow that to happen, Mr. Park Chanyeol.”

 

Chanyeol turned around to be greeted by the smiling face of the student council’s president, who was being followed by the rest of the council’s members.

 

“Junmyeon…” Chanyeol whispered, but still audible enough.

 

Junmyeon tapped Chanyeol’s shoulder and turned to the students who were making a fuss earlier, “And as of you boys, I cannot tolerate those kind of actions. So better tell your parents the sad news that you have just been expelled in this university.”

 

The boy who has been punched by Chanyeol grinned, “How can you do that if you don’t even know our names, son of a ?”

 

“First off,” Junmyeon starts, “my mother is not a and,” Junmyeon then raised his hand up and Luhan, the secretary suddenly spoke up, “Oh yes, and we do know your names, Mr. Kim Sukjeon, Mr. Lee Myeonji, Mr. Soo Leejun and Mr. Park Yunso.”

 

The student council suddenly smirked grimly and the guys ran away as if they were creep out by ghosts.

 

Chanyeol was frozen for a moment, gathering his thoughts and senses back but when Yixing spoke up, he came back instantly to his senses.

 

“Baekhyun, passed out!”

 

He immediately ran towards Baekhyun and carry the boy in his arms. He looked at the boy’s face and pain was registered on it. He gritted his teeth. He wants to protect this boy so badly that he could kill anybody that will do any harm to this lovely boy who has fluttering eyelids and pinkish, tiny lips.

 

“We better bring him to the clinic now to mend his wounds.”

 

With that word, Chanyeol walked towards the clinic with the boy he wants to protect the most curled into his arms…