the move and the truck.

나도 날 잘 몰라

"See? We're first, you didn't have to rush me up", Jungkook said, rubbing his eyes. 
His hair was a mess and he still looked half asleep, an oversized hoodie adding up to that impression.
"I don't like being late", Dennise stated and looked at the man, who tried suppressing the yawn but failed miserably. 
"You're not and you wouldn't be even if you let me sleep a little longer", Jungkook continued to complain, murmuring under his nose. 
"Sleep? For a moment I thought you were dead", the woman said, recalling him being spread over the bed in a starfish position and not reacting to anything: from yelling to laying on top of him. 
He smirked and looked at her with a spark in his eyes.
"Naaaah. It takes more to kill me than you did last night", he said and his eyebrow wiggled, making Dennise chuckle. 
It was saturday morning and they arrived to help their friends with the move. They stopped by the building entrance and waited for the others to show up. Somehow going upstairs alone didn't seem like a good idea, knowing, how irritated with the move Andrea would be. 
Dennise spaced out while waiting, her eyes fixed upon some distant point in front of her, not really seeing anything. It was Jungkook's giggle that brought her focus back.
"What is it?", she asked and followed his gaze. She looked at the other side of the street and saw it. "Oh my..."
There was a guy approaching them from the distance. He was hard to miss even on a crowded street not only because of his height, but also because of what he was wearing. Pink snapback, blue t-shirt and...
"Are those dungarees...?", Dennise whispered to Jungkook, who was busy biting on the inner side of his lips in attempt to suppress his laughter. 
The man crossed the street and waved at them with a goofy smile, dimples appearing on his cheeks. 
"Hello. What a lovely day to start a new episode in life", he said with a deep, contemplating voice. 
Jungkook got livid on his face as he tried to hide behind Dennise.
"Don't say stuff like that in front of Andrea or else she will throw you out the window", the woman said to Namjoon while trying not to look at his peculiar wardrobe, knowing she would join Jungkook, who was suffocating hidden behind her back. 
"Why is he dying?", asked Hoseok, appearing on the bike with the company of Taehyung riding right next to him. "Ok, scratch that, I think I know the answer", he said getting off the vehicle and looking at Namjoon with amusement. "What on earth are you wearing?"
The man blinked and looked down his legs. 
"We came to help with the move, what does it matter what am I wearing?"
"It doesn't", Hoseok agreed. "What does matter is the fact that you even own that . Where do you get stuff like that? Bob the Builder fanshop? Or the Minions?" 
At that point Dennise heard the body landing hard on the ground behind her and she didn't have to turn around to know what happened. 
"Okay, since we're all here let's just go upstairs", she said, not giving Namjoon the time to pick up with the quarrel. 
Taehyung ruffled his hair and hesitated.
"We can still run", he suggested and smiled, lifting his eyebrows with hope. 
Namjoon rolled his eyes. 
"What is this about?", Hoseok asked, not following the conversation. 
"He's kind of afraid of Andrea", Dennise explained. "Come on, she's not that scary", she said, giving Taehyung a little push on the back.
"Not to you, maybe. I tought she would burn me with her eyes back then...", the man pouted. 
"Well... you brought a child to her apartment. What did you expect?", Namjoon said with a shrug and passed him, heading to the building's entrance. 
Taehyung opened his mouth to say something else, but was stopped by Dennise, who came to him and placed both of her hands on his shoulders. 
"Don't mention children, marriage or Ariana Grande and you will be fine", she said, faking a serious tone and also headed to the door. "Oh, and please pick Jungkook up the ground, we wouldn't want him to be urinated on by the dogs or the drunk punks going back from last night's parties", she added before pushing the button on the entryphone. 

******

Andrea opened the door with a face expression that made Taehyung take a step back and hide behind the door frame. 
"Hi, the moving crew arrived", Dennise said with a smile.
The woman murmured something under her breath and stepped away from the door, going back into the apartment. 
"Wow, so much joy", Hoseok commented, raising his eyebrows. 
Friends came into the apartment and took a look around the place filled with boxes and bags covering most of the space. Andrea stood in the middle of the living room scanning the place with eyes filled with desperation. 
"I did not realize you had that much stuff", Taehyung said with a whistle. 
He quickly regretted his action after Andrea turned around in the spot and shot him a look - the kind that said: "You know what can fit into a packing plastic bag? A dead body". 
"Tell us what to do and we're off to work", Dennise said, knowing there was nothing else they could do to make their friend relax than help her with all this mess. 
"Just pack what is left", she said, still looking somewhat lost. "But you", she pointed to Namjoon, who started approaching the cabinet with tableware "do not touch anything fragile."
The man opened the mouth to protest, but nodded his head instead. 
"Fair enough", he said and went for the books instead. 
"Great. And take Taehyung with you", Andrea added.
"Hey! What did I do?", the man asked offended, holding playstation in one of his hands. 
"Dude, put that down if you want to live", Jungkook answered, looking at Taehyung with eyes wide opened. The man listened and put the device down, before joining Namjoon in front of the book-case. 
Andrea walked him with her eyes and breathed out with relief. 
"Jungkook", she said looking at the youngest man in the room. "Please take care of my games. I know they'll be safe with you. You're the only one I can trust. "
She sounded like some overdrawn character from one of Chuck Norris' movies and Dennise had hard time holding in the laughter. 
Jungkook nodded his head seriously and turned to Dennise with a smile, visibly pleased with himself. 
"And you told me I can't be gentle", he said quietly, so only she could hear him and quickly run off before the punch she aimed landed on his shoulder. 
Once everyone had their duty assigned, they started to work and with so many hands the progress could rapidly be seen, making Andrea visibly less tense. 
"Hold on a second", Namjoon said after putting the last of the books to the box and straightening his knees. "Where is Yoongi?", he asked, making everyone look around with a frown.
"Yeah, where is he?", Hoseok repeated the question standing with hands full of glasses, balancing them in the way every waiter would be jealous of. 
They were all so busy helping with the packing that no one paid attention to the fact that the second resident of the apartment was clearly missing. 
"You mean my amazingly helpful boyfriend? My "honey-i-will-help-you-after-i-finish-this-song" boyfriend? That one?", Andrea asked, her voice getting few octaves higher due to irritation. Taehyung flinched and involuntarily covered himself with a box he was holding. 
Andrea marched towards the bedroom door and opened them being more done than steak after an hour in the oven. 
Yoongi was sitting in front of his laptop surrounded by the boxes. His ears were covered with headphones and he didn't seem to notice people crowding behind his back. 
"Seriously, man?", Namjoon asked, looking at his friend with disbelief. 
Whatever was in Yoongi's headphones wasn't too loud, because he looked up at the sound of the man's voice. He blinked with confusion seeing the faces of six people gazing at him with anticipation. 
"You're already here?", he asked, visibly surprised. 
"Yeah, we've packed half of your apartment already", Hoseok pointed out. "You have no intention of participating in your own move?"
Yoongi moved on his chair and looked at the computer screen. 
"I have, but, erm... The song...", he started explaining, pointing to the laptop with his index finger. 
He was clearly asking for the re-enaction of the "Murder in Orient Express", but got saved by the bell. 
"The truck is here!", Andrea announced, running to answer the entryphone and probably setting the new record in hurdles. "We should start carrying now", she ordered. "And Namjoon..."
"Yeah, yeah, I know: no fragile objects, I got it", he said impatiently. "Do you really think I will break everything I touch?", he asked, offended.
"Well...", Jungkook said, scratching the back of his neck.
"To be fair you did break the fridge last week. And a vacuum cleaner last month. And..." Hoseok started listing.
"Okay, make it rhetorical", Namjoon stopped him mid-sentence and went to help Taehyung with moving the couch. 
Once they got the grip of the piece of furniture, they went out the door and stopped immediately. 
"What are you doing?", Dennise asked. 
"We're stuck", Taehyung answered from the corridor. 
"What do you mean you're stuck, that hall is like four meters wide!", Andrea answered and ran to the door to check what was going on.
"We're stuck in traffic", Taehyung added. 
"What the f...", Andrea stuck her head out the frame and looked out on the corridor. Her face dropped immediately. "You've got to be kidding me..."
"What is it?", Jungkook asked, playing with the bubble wrap left from packing the electrical devices. 
"I wanna kill someone", Andrea said, sitting on one of the boxes. 
"You want me to unpack you some games", Jungkook asked with legitimate care as if that was an actual help. 
"Thank you, but right now I'm thinking about getting physical", the woman answered. "I do hope, however, that you packed the most violent ones the last and I will get to shoot something in the face with a radioactive bazooka right after this nightmare ends", the woman answered and in that moment Dennise felt like an outdated parent who had no idea what the children were talking about. 
"So what is going on", she asked no one in particular, expecting an answer from the most sane person, not exactly knowing who that was at the moment. 
"Looks like the neighbours are moving at the same time", Hoseok said, sticking his head to the corridor and judging the situation. "Hm, nice armchair, it would look nice in my living room..."
"Can you not lean on the couch? It is heavy enough without your on it!", Namjoon scolded him and Hoseok reluctantly backed off to the apartment.
"We're moving!", Taehyung yelled from the corridor and soon after they actually left, taking the couch with them. 
Moving two apartments at the same time was a lot to take for the single staircase, but fortunately it survived just like all of the moved furniture, to everyone's surprise. 
"Well, I guess that's it", Andrea said, looking at the empty apartment after everything was already carried to the truck parked outside the building. 
"Yeah, looks like it", Dennise said, standing beside her friend. "It's weird. There are a lot of memories in this apartment."
"I know, right?", Andrea smiled. Probably the first time that day. "Remember that one time we got drunk with Karen and we ended up playing lava with the battle between Obi Wan and Anakin from "The revenge of the Sith" playing on the loop?"
Dennise laughed, nodding her head. 
"How could I forget? Karen broke the chair trying to use it as a drawbridge and we started screaming "You were like a brother to me!""
Andrea wiped the tears that formed in her eyes from laughter. The rest of the room was quiet and they realized the men were looking at them the way people usually look at drunken friends who decide to share their love for dressing up as a Teletubies for having . 
"Wow, you are total nerds", Hoseok said. 
"Said the guy with figurine collection", Dennise replied, hitting his soft spot. 
"They are collectables!", he protested.
"Riiiiight...."
They double checked the cabinets that were staying in, took a look around the bathroom and the wardrobe, but it didn't look like anything was left behind. 
"That really is it, then", Andrea said, holding the key in her hand. "No more Corona nights for you, apartment!", she exclaimed and her voice echoed in the empty walls.
"Corona nights?", Jungkook asked, leaning closer to Dennise.
"Couple of Corona cary packs and "Fast & Furious" marathon", the woman explained. 
"Oh..."
"Um... guys?", Taehyung said, standing by the bedroom door. "Don't you think we forgot something?"
The rest of the people looked around and at each other with a frown. 
"No?", Namjoon said. 
"Then how about him?", Taehyung pushed the bedroom door open, revealing the person still sitting on the chair with his laptop now laying on top of his lap after the desk was removed by Namjoon some time earlier. 
"Yoongi...", Andrea's facepalm landed so hard, the slap scared the pidgeon sitting on the lantern at the other side of the street. 
"Yo, bro", Hoseok approached the man, placing the hand on his shoulder. 
"Just... I am almost finished!", Yoongi answered, not looking up. 
"Okay, that's it", Jungkook said and came up to the chair the man was sitting on. Without further notice he lift the chair and carried it out the room and out the apartment with Yoongi not stopping his work. Everyone looked at each other not really sure if that really happened or they watched too many Marvel movies to have hallucinations like that. 

******

"Thank you for your help", Andrea said once they were all standing in front of the building. 
"You're welcome", Namjoon answered with a goofy smile that made his eyes almost completely disappear. 
"You're gonna show your gratitude by throwing a nice housewarming party", Hoseok laughed. 
"Once we get settled", the woman said, looking at Yoongi, who finally closed his laptop and stood up from the chair. Judging by his look he didn't really know what was going on and clearly had troubles remembering how he found himself on the street. 
"The truck left already?", Taehyung asked, looking around. 
"It's right in front of you, Tae", Dennise pointed out to the vehicle with her chin. 
"Yeah, but the other one?"
It was quiet for a moment.
"What other one...?" Andrea asked, not really sure she wanted to know the answer. 
"The other one! It stood right here!"
"Are you saying that you were putting the things in the other truck?", Dennise asked, realizing what happened. 
"Yes, Namjoon and I...", the man started.
"THAT WAS OUR NEIGHBOURS TRUCK, YOU IDIOTS!", Andrea exploaded, causing everyone to wince. Taehyung's eyes got two times bigger as he shifted to the left, closer to Hoseok.
"Wait...", Yoongi said, his mind slowly coming back to reality and catching the grip of the situation. "You put our stuff to our neighbours' truck and now they are on the road to God knows where?", he asked. 
 "Seems like it...", Namjoon said, visibly confounded. 
"And what did you guys carry?"
"Since we were banned from touching the fragile stuff... Bed, your clothes, most of your pots...", Taehyung started listing, but stopped after seeing the signals Jungkook and Dennise were giving him.
"Huh...", Yoongi frowned and looked at his girlfriend, who looked like she was about to unleash hell with just her gaze. 
"That explains the cradle...", Taehyung said with afterthought. 
Dennise and Jungkook hissed simultaneously, both now knowing how dead man looks like.
"You think?!", Andrea yelled again, barely holding it together. 
"But we can call them, I guess? Explain the misunderstanding. Besides they will see it by themselves sooner than later", Namjoon sugested with hope. 
Andrea hid her face in her hands. 
"I don't have their number", she whined. 
Jungkook lift his eyebrows, puzzled. 
"You don't know your neighbours' phone number?", he asked, incredulously.
The woman snorted. 
"Of course I don't! I live in the city! Do you know your neighbours numbers?"
"He does, actually", Dennise answered for him. "But mostly becuase his neighbours are old ladies who give him food, because they think he's cute... not that this is relevant now", she stopped talking after seeing the look Andrea sent her. 
It was silent for a while. The tension was almost touchable like a bitter kiwi jello floating in the air. 
"So... do you remember that time Taehyung brought the child with him? That was funny", Namjoon said, attempting to lose the tension. 
"Dude...", Hoseok shook his head in disbelief. 
No one tried to stop Andrea when she jumped forward and started running after Namjoon, throwing around very sophisticated profanities. 


Yoongi entered the bedroom and crawled on the borrowed mattress laying on their new bedroom's floor. 
"The good news is that I got a hold of the truck that has our stuff and they will bring it back to us", he said to Andrea, sliding under covers.  
"What are the bad news?", the woman asked. 
"That they won't be back in the city till wednesday."
Andrea sighed and laid down, feeling tired after the whole day of stress and physical work. 
"Andrea?", Yoongi asked. 
"Hm?"
"What happened to Namjoon after you run after him?"
The woman shrug her shoulders.
"I don't know, I lost him at the first corner."

Meanwhile in the hedgerow at the corner of the street...

"Hello? Guys? Does anyone hear me? I think I stuck... Guys? This is not funny...!"