003 ; fresh air

Annyeong, I Adore You!


(c)loveteen-s|tumblr
Jun x Mijoo

 


Mijoo didn't really like staying at one place for too long, so when their manager gave her the go signal, she immediately went for it.

Hastily wearing her jacket, she ignored her members' nosy questions and just dashed outside. She can't wait to get out of that suffocating waiting room. She sprinted down the hallway, turned two corners, down the elevator and finally out through the building's backdoor entrance. 

She let out a huge sigh of relief and took time to breathe in the fresh air. It was chilly and at the same time humid, but she loved it.

She stood there awkwardly for a while before she spotted a fish cake stall and realizing she haven't had lunch yet, made her way towards it.

Their manager and boss would probably scold her for eating this kind of food but ah, what they don't know won't hurt them, anyway. She picked up a cup and a skewer and started digging in.

Mijoo got so lost in the savory taste of the fish cakes, she didn't realize she was in someone else's company. It was only when she dived in for another skewer but ended up touching someone else's hand did she look up and acknowledged that person's presence.

His presence.

"Oh, oops. Sorry."

The guy nodded at her before getting a skewer and ate it quietly. Mijoo found it weird that he didn't talk at all but shrugged it off and continued eating her food.

Time passed, people came and she was sure that guy kept on stealing glances at her.

"Hello?"

She looked at the guy and he was on the phone, taking it subtly away from his ear. She was positive the person on the other end was yelling at him.

"Ne, I'll go back now... No I did not do anything stupid-"

Mijoo giggled but held herself back when she saw the guy glance at her. So embarassing.

The guy sighed and shoved his phone back in his pocket before turning to the vendor, "How much?"

Oh shoot, I should be getting back too... She realized that this guy is probably a performer as well, judging from the way he looks. And if he needed to go back, she probably should as well. Besides, she's been out for a while already. 

She counted the sticks of the fish cakes she consumed and patted her pocket to get money but then it dawned on her.

She was wearing her stage outfit.

There were no pockets on her stage outfit.

She had no money.

Mijoo facepalmed herself so hard everyone in the stall probably heard a sound. "Ah stupid, stupid. So stupid."

She should probably call her manager and members for help. Oh, but one teeny tiny problem. They weren't allowed to posess a handphone.

On a scale of 1 to Lee Mijoo, how screwed are you right now?

"Um... excuse me, ahjumma, is it okay if I leave for a while? I forgot my wallet and have no money right now but I will just quickly dash back to our dressing room to get money and come back here to pay-"

The old lady running the store blinked at her, confusion etched on her face. "N-Ne???"

She was probably getting the same reaction from everyone, but what could she do.

"How much is it?" 

Mijoo turned to the guy who was looking back at her. "Hers. How much is it all?"

They both watched as the old lady counted Mijoo's sticks and it amounted to almost the same as his. He fished out more money from his pocket and gave it all to the ahjumma. He turned too look at Mijoo again and tilted his head slightly, as if telling her let's go.

Well, it was what he wanted to say so she followed when he walked away.

She doesn't know what was more embarassing; her forgetting her wallet or having a stranger pay for what you ate.

Both are embarassing, she concluded.

Mijoo's trying to remember when or where she saw this boy and why he looks so familiar. She was getting there, she knows, cause she's certain she wouldn't forget those eyes.

Then it hit her.

"Ah! Seventeen!"

The boy blinked and looked at her. "Yes, what about us?"

Mijoo did a little happy dance. She got it correctly. "You're from Seventeen..." Again, she was searching her brain for his name but no recall.

"I'm Jun." The guy finally says, a smile tugging on the corner of his lips. "Lovelyz sunbaenim, right...? Jiae noona...?"

Mijoo scrunched her nose. Is Jiae Unnie the only Lovelyz member everyone knows? "Nope, I'm Mijoo."

"Oh," Jun scratched his temple. "I'm sorry."

"It's okay... Thanks for uh, saving me." Mijoo said as they finally enter the building. "I can't believe I forgot my wallet- Actually, I didn't plan on eating."

"But it seemed like you enjoyed the fish cakes though?" This earned a glare from Mijoo and he laughed. "I was just kidding. You're welcome."

"Lee Mijoo! There you are!"

"Jun hyung!"

The two of them turned their attention to the people who called them. Jun was in trouble for not letting The8 tag along, and Mijoo was in even deeper trouble for staying out too long without telling their manager where she went off to.

She huffed as their manager scowled at her. "Whaaat, I told you I'll be getting some fresh air!"

"Fresh air is where, exactly?" Mijoo couldn't answer as his scowl got deeper. "Don't do that again, Mijoo. Anyway get ready, you girls are set to go up on stage again for the winner announcement."

"Ne..."

Their manager walked away as Mijoo pretended to kick and punch the air. Jun walked to her and tapped her shoulder. "How much trouble are you in?"

"Lots, apparently. What am I supposed to say when someone asks me where fresh air is, exactly?"

Jun blinked at her a couple of times and Mijoo sighed. "Forget it, that's a stupid question."

"Why don't we find out, then? Are you guys gonna be on tomorrow's music show?"

Mijoo looked at him, surprised. She answered positively nontheless, and promised she won't forget to bring her wallet tomorrow.