[II]

Fool [discontinued]

Food and Good-Mornings


 

The first thing that Doyoung notices when he wakes up is how deathly silent everything is. He immediately shoots up from the bed and looks around the room. What time was it? Seven, already? Doyoung furrows his brows before; he doesn't remember a break in their schedule. And where is Ten? The covers slip off the bed as Doyoung's long legs carry them off. He pauses for a moment, hand smoothing out his hair, before he hears horribly covered whispering coming from the kitchen. How the five of them haven't grasped the concept of whispering is anyone's guess. Still, Doyoung smiles warmly before he mentally prepares himself for whatever he's going to walk into.

 

There is only ever two reasons why people ever whisper, none of which are good. Doyoung stealthily—but not really—makes his way to the opening of the kitchen and quietly peers in. The sight before him is definitely...differnt.

 

Jaehyun's swirling something in a pan, a stack of what seems to be super thin pancakes next to him. Ten and Mark are at the sink washing dishes, or washing each other more accurately. Taeil keeps whispering for them to get it together or else Doyoung might wake up.

 

It's too late for that, but he appreciates the sentiment nonetheless. Taeyong is preparing a smoothie from what he can tell with all the fruits diced and lined up.

 

“Mark, you're wasting so much water,” Ten complains as the maknae keeps splashing the dancer. Doyoung conceals a giggle. “Yah, maknae, knock it off,” Taeil grouses. Ten beams at the tiny singer before he gives Mark a look that Doyoung can only summarize as one would give a sibling when they get in trouble. Mark grumbles but it's hardly over.

 

Once Ten's guard is down, Mark takes the kitchen sprayer and points it at the Thai man. Doyoung's eyes widen as the brunette presses it down and not only hits Ten, but also Taeyong. The sudden blast makes Taeyong jump and turn on the blender. Fruit flies everywhere and both Taes scramble to turn the thing off. Mark starts spouting things off in English like the youngest usually does when stressed or panicked. It's quite the (very messy) sight. “Guys, don't make a mess,” Jaehyun whines as he takes the thin pancake out of the pan. “Hurry and clean, we need to get this to Doyoungie-hyung.”

 

A chorus of, rather mocking, 'yes sir' fills the kitchen but the members get to cleaning. Deciding not wanting to ruin the breakfast surprise, Doyoung quietly creeps back into the room and hides under the covers. Knowing that the members aren't getting into too much trouble (of course, that's debatable) Doyoung easily slips back into a light slumber.

 

The next time Doyoung's eyes flutter open is when the door opens and he hears Ten's cute voice call him. He yawns, stretching his arms a bit, as he sits up on the bed. Doyoung watches with eyes that pour out love as he spots the fancy looking breakfast on the tray. Jaehyun is the one who places it over his lap, eyes dancing in the light as he flashes a bright grin toward him. In that moment, surrounded by his bandmates, Doyoung feels his heart swell and stomach flutter in an almost sickeningly concoction of love. “Those are crepes, Jaehyun made them,” Taeyong explains as he takes a seat at the foot of the singer's bed. Mark crawls on the other side of Doyoung, huffing complaints at the second youngest for not wanting to move over. Ten crawls on the bed too, the frame creaking and for a moment Doyoung thinks that the combined weight of four men and a teen might be too much. Luckily, nothing happens.

 

“Hmm, it's really sweet,” Doyoung notes as the first bite hits his tongue. Immediately, the taste of strawberries hit his senses along with the chocolate syrup. Management would probably throw a hissy fit knowing how many calories he's taking in, but what management doesn't know won't hurt them, right? Right.

 

Doyoung hums happily around the fork, taking a sip of the light purple coloured smoothie. It's not as sweet, which is a relief because he doesn't want a sugar over-load.

 

“Is it good,” Taeil asks tentatively, eyes wide and sounding oddly vulnerable.

 

Another hum of appreciation leaves Doyoung's lips; his eyes forming crescent moons as he nods eagerly. “It's really good, I didn't think you guys knew how to cook,” he laughs effervescently. Just then, the small clouds that were blocking the sun decide to start moving and the light that drips through the window grows brighter, illuminating Doyoung's face in the most angelic way.

 

If Mark didn't know better he would have sworn he saw a halo and wings. God, what kind of drama were they in?

 

“So,” Doyoung asks once the crepes are two-thirds of the way gone, “what's the special occasion?”

 

“Because it's mother's day,” Taeyong replies without skipping a beat. The blush he sports afterwords; however, has to be the best thing about the breakfast. The other members complain, Ten gently hitting him, but they all flush.

 

“That's so cheesy,” Mark grumbles.

 

Taeil gives a scathing look.

 

Doyoung just laughs with abandon. “I don't think I'm really the 'motherly type' but thank you.”

 

The members seem to loosen at the admission, small to large smiles overtaking their face. Once breakfast is finished, Jaehyun leans over and places a quick kiss on the older boy's temple before quickly scurrying off with the tray. Taeyong, Ten, and Mark let out tiny complaints that Doyoung can't quite catch, but there's no doubt in his mind they'll probably hold that over the brunette for a few days. He chuckles, hiding his large grin behind his pajama paws. Taeil's still standing next to him though, a soft yet contemplative look adorning his sharp features. Smile falling slightly, Doyoung reaches out and holds Taeil's hand in his larger, bony one.

 

“Hyung...?” The call is soft, almost a whisper, but gets Taeil's attention all the same. The silver-haired man blinks, seeming to come back from the recesses of his mind.

 

Taeil is hard to read and Doyoung's learned long ago that it was just best for the older singer to tell him what's wrong instead of trying to play twenty questions with him. The fingers around Doyoung's own squeeze gently, but the emotions flickering in Taeil's eyes are indiscernible.

 

A small clatter comes from the kitchen, but neither make a move to check on the rest. Besides, they don't really need to intervene unless a member is yelling, yelling.

 

“Is something wrong?”

 

Taeil shakes his head, “No, I'm just really happy I debuted with you,” he finishes with a small smile that makes Doyoung's heart slam against his ribcage. A burning blush spreads like wildfire across his delicate features—paints his skin a berry red.

 

“Y-you shouldn't show favouritism,” Doyoung eventually splutters. And even though he knows it's bad for team dynamics, having a favourite, Doyoung can't hep but smile at the confession.

 

“It'll be between us, then,” Taeil responds airily, eyes soft as he moves Doyoung's fringe out of his yes. The touch is feather light, the tips of his calloused fingers flitter over his cheek-bone, before going back to the older singer's side. “C'mon, you need to get dressed.”

 

“Oh, right, aren't we late for practice?”

 

Taeily hums as he helps the younger up, “We convinced the manager to let us have today off.”

 

Doyoung almost trips as he hears this. “What? C-can you do that? They actually listened to you?” He moves so he can stare at Taeil better, eyes going saucer wide before they squint. “You didn't kill anyone, did you,” He half jokes. Half because Taeil is rather conniving and when he teams up with the rest of the members, well, Doyoung feels bad for whoever would cross the older man.

 

“Yah, don't give me that look, we didn't hurt anyone.” Taeil tsks as he moves pass the red-head. “Hurry and get dressed,” the silver head comments over his shoulder, “the members having something else planned for the day.” And then the door closes before Doyoung can get anything in.

 

Eventually, Doyoung emerges from the room with a shirt a size too big and tight jeans with holes in the knees. He thinks, no, knows, the shirt is Jaehyun's from the lingering scent of the brunette's favourite cologne and how the tag was ripped off. He constantly berates the younger, telling him that most stores won't take a shirt back if the tag was torn. It's not uncommon for members to share clothes, especially when laundry often gets mixed up, but it still feels weird to constantly have to re-adjust the neckline so it didn't dip too low and show his chest.

 

“Ah, there you are,” Ten exclaims as he moves eagerly to drag Doyoung over.

 

The Thai boy has always had a thin for skinship, touching coming easily to him, but Doyoung still feels weird being so close to another member that isn't Jaehyun. That's why, when Ten drags him onto his lap, Doyoung can't help but go rigid and squirm a bit.

 

He tries his best to alleviate as much weight as he can, firmly thinking that he would crush the dancer, but Ten has none of that. The Thai native flushes Doyoung against his back, arms wrapped possesively around his waist as he noses the singer's shoulder blade.

 

“Hey, stop keeping Doyoung for yourself,” Taeyong whines as he gently tugs the red-head's arm.

 

Okay, the breakfast was a nice gesture but this is getting out of hand.

 

“Alright you two, stop fighting over him,” Taeil commands firmly, “now, someone tell us what we're doing today.”

 

Mark, who has been relatively quiet, soon jumps up and occupies Taeil's spot in front of the members. Doyoung quickly takes the opportunity to flee from the the two dancers grasps as he places himself on the floor, not really trusting going near Jaehyun, what with the way the brunette was staring at him.

 

“We're going to the amusement park today,” the Canadian shouts with happiness. If he was a dog his tail would be wagging uncontrollably right now.

 

“That sounds like fun,” Doyoung comments breezily. Mark just flashes him a grin before running to the door (very much like a dog). A sense of familiarity and balance comes back as Taeil and Taeyong grumble something about children and batteries that don't die. Ten is right beside Mark in a flash, jamming his feet into his shoes without bothering to even unlace them. And Jaehyun—

 

“They're pretty excited,” a voice whispers from behind as a pair of strong arms wrap around Doyoung's waist.

 

Doyoung doesn't tense up, the feeling of being surrounded by the younger all too familiar, but instead relaxes a bit against the pale boy's chest.

 

“So, was breakfast really okay or...?”

 

Tearing his eyes away from the members gently shoving and pushing each other, Doyoung turns around in Jaehyun's arms, an arms space between them but the younger's hand still gently planted on his hips.

 

“It was slightly burnt,” he admits with a large grin that has Jaehyun scoffing and hitting his arm.

 

“Fine, see if I cook for you again,” he teases but as they walk down the hall Doyoung doesn't miss the way Jaehyun walks closer to him until their shoulders bump, and when they eventually leave the building their pinkies are linked.  


A/N: Hey everyone! I hope the fluff wasn't too overbearing :P but this is a short chapter so I'm sorry ;A; The next one will definitely be longer, I promise! But I just wanted something cute before some drama begins again >.< Okay, I know they're just like a subunit thing but I can totally imagine Dogoung taking up like the mother role xD And Doyoung laughing is definitely a kodak moment, too bad no one had a camera