Love At First Sight: Chapter 3

Love At First Sight
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Would you… Would you like to… Be my date for the wedding?”

Ryeowook holds his breath, feeling like an eternity has passed and still, Donghae remains silent on the other line on the phone. Had he just made a mistake? Should Ryeowook have not asked Donghae to be his date for the wedding? Ryeowook wonders if it is ever possible for him to swallow back his words but he feels as if the all the wind in his body is knocked out when Donghae finally says something.

“Ryeowook,”

“Yeah?” Ryeowook’s heart is beating fast, he’s nervous and excited at the same time.

“Ask me that again.”

“Wh-What?”

“Turn around,” Donghae softly tells Ryeowook over the phone, “And ask me again.”

Turn around?

Confused, Ryeowook does as he is told. He turns around and he loses his grip on his phone, surprised. The phone slides out of Ryeowook’s hands and Ryeowook gasps, not because he is surprised of it dropping but because he is surprised that someone had caught it just before the phone hits the ground. Ryeowook stares at the hands and then to the owner of those sweet long fingers.

“Hi.”

Ryeowook’s cheeks turns scarlet red and he feels like hiding away in embarrassment. Because right in front of him, it’s Donghae with his damn stylish jacket and his orange messy hairstyle and his deep piercing eyes and that sweet velvety voice and not to mention, that killer soul-shattering smile.

“H-Hi.” Ryeowook greets back, hoping that Donghae does not realize that deep inside he is actually in a messy puddle of mush. “I… Uh… Thank you.”

Donghae hands the phone back to Ryeowook, winking at him and then says, “So… We meet again huh?”

“Ha,” Ryeowook awkwardly breathes, “Yeah.”

Donghae smirks, “So…. What about that question you were about to ask me?”

Ryeowook mentally curses himself because oh my god. He could do it over the phone but right now, with Donghae standing so close in front of him, how… How is he going to gather his courage? He’s going to die in embarrassment! But it’s too late now to run. Donghae’s right here and if he runs away, Ryeowook’s going to miss out the chance to ever see him again. Ryeowook tries gathering all his courage and takes a deep breath to try to steady his over-excited heart.

“I…. Uh…. Would… Would you like to… Be my date… For the wedding?”

Ryeowook expects Donghae to a little by taking forever to answer or something but instead, Donghae responds with a silly smile on his face and then all of a sudden, he bents down and his lips gently touches Ryeowook’s cheeks. Ryeowook’s surprised, but more than that, he feels as though his cheeks is burning. He touches his cheeks and finds that he can’t hide the silly grin on his face.

“Of course,” Donghae finally answers,

“I’d like to be anywhere you’d be.”

***

Kyuhyun thinks Ryeowook is crazy.

Ryeowook himself thinks he is crazy too.

Because, here they are, at the hotel where Yesung’s wedding is held in, waiting for Donghae in the lobby. Kyuhyun is worried as Ryeowook’s best friend, questioning Ryeowook’s sanity of suddenly bringing a date he barely knows. But Ryeowook reassures Kyuhyun that he knows what he is doing and that he thinks Donghae is… Kind, gentle, funny and… Perfect.

“Wookie, he literally looks like trouble.” Kyuhyun whispers to Ryeowook. “Are you sure that he’s alright?”

“I’m sure, Kyu.” Ryeowook confidently replies.

Kyuhyun’s eyes are full of question but Ryeowook dismisses them, placing a hand on Kyuhyun’s shoulder and squeezing it lightly. “Thank you for lending Donghae a tux.”

Kyuhyun then sighs and shrugs, “It’s the least I can do for my best friend’s date.”

Ryeowook gently smiles and then admits, “I like him, Kyu.”

“I can see that.”

Ryeowook blushes, “I know you have your doubts about him. But… Just trust me alright?”

“Okay,” Kyuhyun reluctantly nods, “Only because you look like you really like him. But if he dares break your heart, I’m gonna teach him a lesson, alright?”

Ryeowook bites back a smile. Kyuhyun is protective of Ryeowook, knowing just how fragile he can be. Hell, Kyuhyun even beat up Yesung, his own brother, for hurting Ryeowook. They have been best friends for so long that they’re like siblings at this point of time. Ryeowook is thankful for Kyuhyun being so protective of him.

Ryeowook nods and gives Kyuhyun a tight hug before Kyuhyun excuses himself to go check on something for the wedding. Ryeowook waits patiently, readjusting his bowtime again and again. When Ryeowook suddenly feels a tap on his shoulder, Ryeowook turns around and his breath catches in his throat.

Wow.

Donghae looks like a prince in his black tux and all Ryeowook can afford to do is stare at the great perfection in front of him. Ryeowook is sure that Donghae is not real, that he must have stepped right out of a children’s fairytale storybook.

Donghae smiles warmly as his eyes travels over Ryeowook but does not say anything to have Ryeowo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter