Six.

Coward (DISCONTINUED)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jihyo, Mina and Momo, after their meeting with the CEO, were in the van, on their way back home. The silence inside the vehicle was heavy, no one was speaking. Only the faint noise of the radio was breaking, a little, the absence of sound. The three girls were sitting next to each other, the leader in the middle, separating the two japanese members. Jihyo wanted to ask them why they did that, why they nearly came to blows, but she refrains herself from asking now, figuring it was not the right moment to do it. She wants to understand what was happening with her fellow members, why the calm Mina reacted like that, why the kind and always happy Momo was so depressed and irritable these days. The leader also noticed that the latter was also not on speaking terms with Sana. This situation was seriously giving her a headache but it was her job, as Twice’s leader, to resolve it and she was determinate to succeed.

Jihyo looks at her right where Mina was sitting. The younger girl was playing with her phone, with a blank expression on her face. She then looks at the other side, at Momo. She was looking through the window, listening to some music with her earphones, and unlike Mina, with a sad expression on her face. Her lower lip was still swollen from this morning’s incident when Mina slapped the dancer, which shocked everyone. The leader suddenly hears a loud sigh coming from Mina. She turns herself toward the younger and see her putting her phone in her bag visibly upset with something. After thinking for a second, Jihyo finally asks her.

“Mina, are you okay ?”

“Yes, I just forgot to tell Jackson that I couldn't meet him, and he is kinda angry that I didn't tell him earlier.”

Jihyo looks at the hour on her phone, it was already 7 PM.

“Ah, I remember, you were supposed to saw him today right ?”

“Yes, thirty minutes ago.”

“Well he’s upset now but he’ll get over it.”

“I don't care if he doesn't…” Mina responded, closing her eyes and pressing her head against the car’s window.

The leader looks at her, rather surprised by the ballerina’s reply. She thought everything was alright between the couple, but by the sound of this answer, it seems like she was mistaken. She smiles to herself, as she puts her head against the headrest and looked up at the car roof, remembering the day when Mina revealed her relationship to the group. Jihyo was really happy for her, that she had found someone she likes despite the fact that they were not supposed to date during three years. Nearly everyone at JYP know about their relationship, all the news and rumors are spread rapidly within the company, but they were never bothered by the managers or the CEO himself, even though it was against the rules, so everyone assumed that it was maybe because they are both from the same company.

So yeah, Jihyo was happy for Mina, but she knows that Jackson is not THE one, that there is someone else in the heart of the japanese girl, someone from their group. Being the leader, she has to watch nearly everything the members do, also re-watching carefully their performances and shows they appeared on, checking where they need to improve themselves and so on. By doing that, she also notices how the members interact with each other, and that's when she realized that Mina was often looking at Momo and looked rather pissed off when the latter totally ignored her or is too close to another girl. Jihyo is a smart girl and put the two and two together. She didn’t talk to her about it, because she though that if Mina hasn't speak about that yet, there was a good reason for that. Maybe she was scared of the others’ reaction, who knows ? Apart from the fact that she was ninety-nine percent sure of Mina’s feelings for Momo, the leader doesn't really know what was happening in Mina’s head. Like she also has no idea what the hell was wrong with the girl sitting on her left. Jihyo was lost in deep thoughts when their manager broke the silence.

“Girls, we’re here !”

She turned her head to see if Momo was awake, in case she fell asleep during ride. That when she caught the oldest gazing at Mina quite longingly, and suddenly, a light bulb went off in head, could it be possible that…? She was probably too tired, thanks to today’s practice, and was starting to have hallucinations. She shook her head and exited the car, heading to the dorm entrance.

The three girls were back, and the six others were all in the living room, all busy with either the TV, their phone or speaking with each other. When they realized that they were back, no one dared to ask what happened with JYP. They only know that the two dancers got a punishment for their previous behavior, thanks to Jihyo who send Nayeon a text message right after their meeting, that’s all.

 

“We’re bac

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter