companion (you're not alone)

timeless

current;

Mina feels lonely and Junhwe doesn't want to let her be alone.

 

“You know people don't actually do that, right?” 

Mina shot up from her position when she heard something other than the wind blowing and the birds chirping. 

“It's quite late, too. Aren't you scared that something may happen?” 

Mina rolled her eyes and laid back down, her hand underneath her hair so she can spread it instead of laying on it and eyes fixed on the stars. He chuckled softly and took a seat right next to where her head laid,

“Actually, it's kind of nice here now that I think about it.” he kept on talking despite not receiving any form of reaction. Mina sighed, she was alone just a while ago and she finally managed to get her mind off worries—she felt at peace. But then came the tall, dreamy guy with a deep and slightly raspy voice popping the little balloon she floated around with, reminding her about the dangers the calming dark blue sky brought with it, just like the empty area did, too. 

“Mina,”

No reaction. 

“Mina,” This time he spoke in a higher pitch, dragging her name longer in his mouth and shaking his shoulders with it. This caught her attention. “Aegyo doesn't suit you.” 

He laughed and shifted his eyes from her to the sky, “I'm glad you noticed.” 

They stayed like that in silence. She laid down and he sat, their heads turned to the stars. He hated stuff like that–it meant nothing and seemed like a big waste of time, tumblr ideals don't apply to the real world, she could imagine him saying. And that didn't make it any less unusual for her. She admired people who found pleasure in actions as those, but she wasn't the type to be like that herself. But it was night and she felt lonely and depressed; she needed to get away even if it were just for a little while.

“Junhwe,” 

He hummed in response. 

“My neck hurts.” 

He turned to look at her and snorted when he saw her pouting and batting her eyelashes, “Aegyo doesn't suit you.” 

She frowned and moved her head up, plopping it back down on his lap. He played with her hair because he knew she found it to be calming and he knew he disturbed her peace not too long ago, but he didn't want for her to be alone.

“As lonely as you may feel, you're not alone. Mina, I was like you once. Lost. I felt either empty or overwhelmed.” His voice was gentle and his touch was tender, Mina closed her eyes while he spoke. “I got through it and I'll help you getting yourself through it.” 

“How did you manage to do it? Where did you find happiness?” 

Junhwe smiled and waited for her to open her eyes and when she did, he told her; 

“Part of it was because I grew more mature in some points, part of it was also because my own intuition. But of course there were also people who were part of it. Jinhwan hyung, Hanbin hyung, there was Chanwoo and also you actually.” 

Mina looked away and moved around, hiding her face against his stomach. 

“So now I'll try to mean the same to you.” He told her.

She mumbled and he asked her what she said. She mumbled again and he asked her again which made her sit up straight and face him. She looked him in the eye and asked, “Do you love me, in any way?” 

He was a little taken back, but there was no doubt to his answer, “Yeah, I do. In many ways actually.” 

She finally smiled and nodded her head satisfyingly knowing what he meant, “Good, that's great. So we do mean the same to each other.” 

“I guess we do.” He grinned.

They looked at each other for a while until an owl was heard howling catching their attention. Mina jumped up at the sound and Junhwe cackled and took her hand in his telling her that it's time to go home. Mina quickly pecked his cheek and they walked over to his place.

“Oh no I can't stay, what will Hanbin think?” 

“He's not home.” 

“Still...” She hesitated

“Be my companion pretty please?” He begged her the way he called her name earlier. 

“Ugh fine.” 

Junhwe rejoiced and stole a quick kiss before letting her in.

 

//////

I SHOULD BE STUDYING FOR FRENCH

theres no song for this haaaaa!!