underneath the same stars

timeless

current;

Junhwe is having one of those nights, and Mina does the usual.

 

In his room he had stars hanging on his ceiling.

They glowed in the darkness. Mina had insisted on hanging them. One for each visit she paid him at night. “Just a reminder,” she had said, “so you won’t ever forget you’re not alone; because I’ll be there. Every single time.”

The stars watched over him as a reminder that she’ll be there even during the foggiest nights. When the path was no longer clear, the stars would be visible to tell him Mina will light up the way like she always does.

“Junhwe?” Mina’s voice sounded like it usually did: soft and gentle. It surprised him: no hoarse voice, the one she has after waking up. “Why aren’t you asleep?” He asked her.

He was met with silence, followed by soft giggles. He wanted to ask her again, but the call ended and he heard a light knock while she spoke from the other side of the door for him to open it.

In a split second her arms wrapped around his neck pulling him in a hug. A hug of which she knew he needed right now. She closed the door behind her and held his hand leading him back to his bed.

“Why aren’t you asleep, why did you come here?” he asked her again.

Mina stared at him before she got another star out of the pocket of her jacket. She smiled and stood up on his bed to hang it on his wall while he held her waist to make sure she didn’t fall,

“I went outside and saw the moon and it made me think of you. I don’t trust you with your 3 AM shadow, that’s why I’m here.”

It brought back a memory of two weeks ago. It almost went wrong, and Junhwe almost let everything go. But Mina was there; she always was. It was one of those nights, and she knew because Hanbin and Jinhwan had called her about their worries. It was times as these where all he needed was her presence and comfort. He needed her words, her cuddles, her kisses, and her touch.

And she needed reassurance. She had to make sure he remembered.

Mina sat back down on the bed next to him with her hand resting on his arm,

“You haven’t changed your clothes yet.” She pointed out and reached to undo the buttons of his white shirt. She threw the shirt aside and told him to take off his jeans to wear sweatpants. She unpacked her bag while he did so, and got out her own pair of comfortable clothing. He waited for her to get dressed while looking out of the window next to his bed. The fog was starting to lift a little, and he could see a few stars – not just the moon. She joined him looking out of the window, but her attention was drawn to him within seconds. She stared at him while he stared outside, “It’s broken,” he said and pointed at a flickering lamppost. She kept her gaze on him with her hand now on his nape, and her thumb softly rubbing against his cheek. He turned to her and wrapped his arms around her to pull her into another hug, a tighter one. She wrapped her legs around his waist and he hid his face in her shoulder. They stayed like that, and he was trying his best to not stain her shirt with his tears. Only after a while she pulled away and cupped his cheek to wipe off the tears for him before giving him a light peck on his lips. A chaste peck was returned by a longer one, followed by kissing each other until they physically couldn’t anymore.

“I’m sorry,” he apologized and she shook her head, “For what?” she asked him.

“For making you deal with this. With me, I mean.”

“Don’t be silly,” she hugged him again resting her head on his chest, “Our relationship isn’t only based on all the laughter and smiles we share. It comes with everything, even this and the only thing I mind about it is that you deserve better than it. I told you before, and I’ll keep on telling you.”

He sighed and laid his back down on the bed dragging her along. She pulled the sheets over them and snuggled closer to him. It took her another kiss on his cheek to finally see a smile on his face, a small one but it was there nonetheless.

“Thank you for coming and lifting some weight off my shoulder.” He whispered and rested his chin on the top of her head closing his eyes and taking deep breaths. He felt a little calmer, and his mind didn’t feel as messy as before anymore.

“You should sleep now.” She told him and looked up at him. He leaned down for a quick kiss before hugging her back to their original position.

“Goodnight Mina.”

“Goodnight Junhwe.”

 

//////

im having one of those nights.

except ive never experienced love and have a test tomorrow to worry about lol gtg

🎶troye sivan - talk me down.

btw i really dont know what i just wrong forgive me pls