the city of love.

timeless

50s;
In Paris they meet, in Paris they love.

There was something romantic about Paris, something nobody was able to explain, yet somehow always knew to spread it to the world. For Junhwe it was all just talk. City of love? No, just a city far away from home. A destination he rather not be in, if it weren't for his friend who was eager to find the love of his life.

“Please Junhwe, I'm desperate!” 

“Get off your knees Hanbin. Save that for the woman you're looking for.” Junhwe grumbled. Hanbin wanted to visit the Eiffel Tower, she must be there, whoever she may be, was what his friend told him after the search for his love was not completed at the Notre Dame. Junhwe thought it was hopeless but walked on with his friend anyway. 

//

“Oh Sana you don't understand,” Mina spoke softly yet her excitement never faded away, “Paris is lovely, it's beautiful, I've heard the stories, I know it's true!” 

Sana giggled at the girl twirling around in front of her, her dress forming a perfect circle following her movements, “I understand Mina, I have eyes, I looked around as well.” She reached out to grab Mina’s hands and stop her from causing a small scene. Mina stumbled over her feet and fell into Sana’s arms, sharing a look before they burst out laughing. “Mina you look like you're head over heels in love with a city.” She lightly hit Mina’s shoulder, who just grinned and pulled her friend's arm, “Come on, I want to see everything! I want to start at the Eiffel Tower.” 

The two ran together, their heels clicking and of hair falling out of their updo hairstyle, one that didn't fit the trend of having a shorter cut but they couldn't seem to care enough. Sana stopped Mina in her tracks when they stood close enough to the tower to only see the top of it in that position, but it wasn't the tower itself that made her stop. 

“My goodness Sana, isn't it just wonderful?” Mina held her friends arm, “Sana?” she turned her head towards her friend when she received no response.

“Mina, do you see him, too, or is this a dream?” Sana asked longingly and Mina followed her friend's gaze until she met another pair of wandering eyes, “I'm not sure if we're talking about the same lad, but I sure do see someone dreamy.”

 

That same day Hanbin found a love he knew to find at the Eiffel Tower, Sana developed a new found appreciation for the city, Mina experienced something she titled as love at first sight, and Junhwe proved himself wrong about both love and the city. 

//

“Junhwe,” Hanbin called for the younger man who was busy doing his hair, “Are you going outside?” The sky was colored a light shade of purple with orange and pink streaks drawing lines over it, truly romantic. 

“I'm picking Mina up, I promised her to watch the beauty of the city together.” Junhwe answered with one final touch up to his hair.

“Why does that sound oh-so new and refreshing to my ears?” Hanbin wondered out loud teasing the boy, “Then another question I have for you my friend,”

“Yes Hanbin?”

“Can you stay out long enough for Sana and me?”

Junhwe stared at his friend with confusion before realisation had hit him, “Already?” he asked Hanbin in disbelief, his mouth hanging low and his eyes wide open, “But you've only met her two days ago!” 

Hanbin shook his head in sadness, “And I might not meet her again for a very long time by the end of next week. I need to use my limited time wisely. And then, once the time for us comes, we will find our paths crossing again, and we will love again.”

Junhwe sighed hearing the words of his friends. By the end of next week, he mentioned, he might not meet her again for a very long time. By the end of next week, Junhwe might not meet Mina again for a very long time.

“Junhwe,” Hanbin shook him out of his thoughts, “she's waiting.” 

Junhwe left the room.

//

“Oh my—don't you look stunning in that dress of yours.” Junhwe commented and Mina faked to be over-the-top flattered, “And don't you look beautifully handsome with your hair slicked back like that.” She let her hand gracefully slide over his hair which he later held and kissed.

“A gentleman I see,” she told him cheekily, “You would expect different from a fine man like you in a leather jacket.” Junhwe chuckled and offered his arm for her to grab on, “Shall we, my lady?”

Mina slid her arm around his and gave a firm nod, “Would love to.”

///

Days passed and the last night approached, meaning the day they all tried to avoid was only hours away.

Paris is not only the city of love, it's also considered the city of light, and when these lights turn on during the night we call it the diamond of the world. Lovers, of course, rather spend their time in the shadows next to the Seine.

“Say Mina,” Junhwe asked while watching the river flow, seated next to her in the shadows on a bench, “Yes my darling?” 

“After I head back to England, what will keep you occupied?”

A short silence followed by a regretful sigh left her lips and Junhwe watched her while she gathered the right words when she momentarily was at loss of them, “I'll be studying and strolling around in America with Sana and two other friends I made; Momo and Nayeon.” 

Junhwe’s ears pearked up at the mention of this friend of hers, “Nayeon? Is that not a Korean name?” Mina giggled at his confusion and gently hit his chest with her fist, “Who do you think thought me to speak Korean?” 

“Ah, of course.” 

“Are you surprised? Since, you know, I'm Japanese.” 

Junhwe shook his head, “Are you? Since I'm Korean.” 

Mina shook her head, “Only surprised that you didn't have any judgement already before you got to know me.” 

“I'm not like that.” He told her reassuringly and she put her hand on top of his making him shift his gaze from the river up to her to meet her eyes like the way he did the first time they met, “I know you're not.” 

And just like in a movie; their heads turned slightly and moved closer to each other's until their lips sealed, making them share a slow and passionate kiss. Junhwe brought his hand to her face, his fingers putting locks of her hair behind her ear before tracing down her jaw and tilting her chin up while her hand roamed over his arm, their other hands holding a grip on each other's body.

In the past fifteen days they had shared lots of kisses and pecks, but none of them held the emotions they shared in this one. 

When they were in need of breath, Junhwe mumbled words that got burried by heartbeats and soft panting, “What?” Mina whispered,

“I said,” Junhwe swallowed and cleared his throat sitting up straight, “Promise me we'll meet again.” 

Mina smiled softly and stared into his orbs the way he did, too, full of despair, “Of course. In Paris we love,” 

“In Paris we meet.” He finished for her mirroring her smile.

They spent that night in each others arms watching the city's beauty together as long as time allowed them. It was when the clock hit 1, that they decided it was time to wrap it up.

“Love,” Junhwe called Mina who hummed, “When is your next vacation?” 

“In exactly thirty-two days.” 

“I'll look forward to it.” 

Paris,

not only the city of love, beauty or lights, but also Junhwe’s favourite vacation destination. 

 

\\\\\\

yay first drabble up! its 2:30am, sorry if it's messy.

🎶kenny b - parijs.

it's a dutch song, i really like it a lot. 
don't expect to much of my recommendations lol
i have a really basic taste in music.